It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:29 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 40 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 34

All times are UTC

Post subject: Questions about the game
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:10 pm 

Hi there

Have seen this game on desura and upvoted it on Steam because i have the feeling that it's fun.

Still have to buy it but it's certain that i'll get it.

I just have a couple of questions out of curiosity.

I know it is rather odd to ask but is there a possibility that in the future there could be maps with islands, ships for transport, helis, some kind of WW2 planes and even artillery?

This game looks like hell of fun and i'm pretty sure this stuff would be fun to and simulate war even more.

Either way i have a more important question for the present. I suppose i can use the windows dedicated server to run a server on my pc where i can connect with a couple of friends and enjoy the game. Am i correct?

And for my closing words i wish you luck in further expanding the game and keep up the great work :)

Edit: Have just been digging through the forum and read that air vehicles won't be in. Suppose there is some good reason for it although it would have been cool :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

EaglePryde wrote:
Hi there

Have seen this game on desura and upvoted it on Steam because i have the feeling that it's fun.

I know it is rather odd to ask but is there a possibility that in the future there could be maps with islands, ships for transport, helis, some kind of WW2 planes and even artillery?

This game looks like hell of fun and i'm pretty sure this stuff would be fun to and simulate war even more.

Either way i have a more important question for the present. I suppose i can use the windows dedicated server to run a server on my pc where i can connect with a couple of friends and enjoy the game. Am i correct?

And for my closing words i wish you luck in further expanding the game and keep up the great work :)

Edit: Have just been digging through the forum and read that air vehicles won't be in. Suppose there is some good reason for it although it would have been cool :)

Hi EaglePryde,

Maps with islands and boats are possible and will most likely happen, we're pretty close to start working with a boat steering model; a natural extension to that would be maps with islands and AI that attempts to play accordingly.

The current map size is considered too small for air vehicles, and making proper support for larger maps seems a bit out of scope at this point. Choppers on the other hand might fit the game area pretty well, but let's see about that :)

For the question of the Windows dedicated server, yes, that's the way it works. You also have the option to just start the server on your regular single player game without using the dedicated server, might be a bit more convenient that way, but both alternatives are valid nonetheless.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:00 am 

pasik wrote:
EaglePryde wrote:
Hi there

Hi EaglePryde,

Maps with islands and boats are possible and will most likely happen, we're pretty close to start working with a boat steering model; a natural extension to that would be maps with islands and AI that attempts to play accordingly.

The current map size is considered too small for air vehicles, and making proper support for larger maps seems a bit out of scope at this point. Choppers on the other hand might fit the game area pretty well, but let's see about that :)

For the question of the Windows dedicated server, yes, that's the way it works. You also have the option to just start the server on your regular single player game without using the dedicated server, might be a bit more convenient that way, but both alternatives are valid nonetheless.

Thank you for your reply :)

I got the game yesterday on desura and made a quick playthrough. Lost the fight but it was hell of fun.

Now that i saw how it plays i also see your point why Aircraft wouldn't be usefull on such a mapsize.

But i have some ideas for the future that could be interessting. I'll post them in the suggestion forum.

posting.php?mode=post&f=6