It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 51 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 104

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:11 am 

Even though we have 2-3 towers on the first bases, it's not pretty hard to blend in and C4 those. Usually my play style is just blowing 2 towers and 1 anti air on the front, then sneak in chemical through ruins, place a flare. After that, I will find the bus or any remaining tower to blow it up. When I finish those steps, the main army also captures first 4 front bases. So the next thing is I would drive the armory truck to the south of chemical; and just like Opt said, from that stage of battle, the map's rolling pretty fast.
Moreover, the towers in this map are not well protected compared to other urban maps we have (Railroad, Fridge Valley, Power Function, Moorland Trenches,...)
The final bases also seems easy to sneak into the area near stash behind the castle. When you reach there, placing some sandbags, hide and wait for the main army (which will not too long, about 2-3 minutes after I camp there), it will stop most the last base's Spawn points.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:13 am 

yupp, that's pretty much how it should be played to be the most effective.
I made some further balancing changes on servers EU2, US1, US2, US3. Nothing big, but should make it slightly more difficult, again especially with higher number of players.
Increasing the difficulty even more is not really an option anymore as it would make it impossible without veterans.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:52 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
Street and a few others rolled the map in 20.1 minutes grrr :)
It had 24 players and not many noobs though hm.

Yeah. It's a bit tougher now for sure. I've had some rounds that run around an 1hr. Which is good. I know you and I chatted about it the other day after I finished a big round with full players.

It feels like it needs to be a "Break-Out" map, with the toughest part being getting off the Beach. Yet, when we get one of the first CZ's on that first layer, usually taking the 2nd one isn't hard. Once we have those we seem to be "in" to the map for the most part. There is a little back and forth as we work for midfield but this is easily stopped by taking the Chem Plant, which is quickly becoming the "way" to play the map.

The midfield battle is pretty fun at times. Part of the team goes straight in and half usually sweep south to the Ruins first before proceeding to the Chem Plant. And sneaking into the Chem can be tough sometimes, but if we get AV's and troops with a flare it is no trouble at all. Maybe another enemy Tank or APC roaming the map against us may mix things up as bit more when we get into the back field. There have been moments so far when the enemy AV's can through us off. But there is only 1 of each.

So chatting with a few others on this map we were trying to think of ideas that don't involve reworking the map in any major way. (I know you guys don't want to, so we look for other solutions.) And I know you guys tweaked this map already for us, yet we keep coming back in conversation to focusing more on having our "tough part" of the map more focused on getting off the beach. So instead of just having it be tougher as we knock them back to the final HQ, have the hardest part be just getting off the beach. Make us really work for that "Draw" and getting up that first set of cliffs.

I know Warbrand, I believe, made a comment about being thankful we didn't end up getting the GL Turrets against us too. I agree, many agree! Lol I don't think anyone wants to fight those. HOWEVER, More Mortars was something that has come up. Basically, possibly, a few more used Deployed Mortars against us from above. They would be tough, but it would put the players in a tough spot of not being able to cluster and hunker down. If we stall too long we start getting hit by Mortars. (And we'd have to keep the Arms and Spawn truck further away for a while.) They are slower fire rate, and seem to take a bit longer for AI to site in on us. So a few more of these seem like a good addition to the atmosphere and a bit of difficulty without possibly making it impossible. They are very fun to go up against because we really have to stick and move.

It's a D-Day map, we should pay for our ground on the beach. The whole map still feels a little homogeneous as we play with no really major stall point so far. It's slowed down some and gotten tougher with the recent tweaks. But the battle off the beach, the first phase, still doesn't stand out as it's own challenge like you would expect.

You know I love the game so I'm still just providing random info ;) Oh one other note: Rockets on this map are a lot of fun with all the Turrets to take out! That's cool to see as we come off the beach. Gives us more chance to put them to use for destruction!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:32 pm 

can't make the beach part harder... Noobs still don't manage to take the draw bases and we can't expect to have a few vets everytime on a server hosting map14.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:38 am 

This is my footage on map14 recently, hope it help somehow -,-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VliLpl2EFms

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:18 pm 

Okay so one thing I have seen that is nice to know: You have to make the southern Flank to the Chem Plant to take the Map Easily.

If the Team goes right into the middle as it tends to, it's insane! Lol. Great long hard battle. We can take it. But we're hit from both sides when we do that and we can lose it easily. So this is a nice feature, it does allow for the map to get really difficult. Unless we go wide south and set some flares. Then with 3-4 people and SD weapons the Chem Plant is no problem!

One thing about the BUS though:
It doesn't seem to change spawn locations? Or not very far? Every time I have played it's always on the far Western road to the south. It would be great if it moved around more and messed with field flow. At least much further up and down the West Road if no where else. Although having it IN the Chem plant or closer could unexpectedly disrupt this area more. And having it shift around a few places for it's random spawn points inside any of the map would be a good change. Maybe areas on the west side of building or ridges. Since players are always assaulting from the east, it'd help ensure we could just take it at range if it's in town somewhere.

I'm not sure of the possible spawn locations of the BUS, but so far I only see it in one spot (far SW). And some more randomness can help to change the flow up a bit.