It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 38 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 23

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:10 pm 

I personally like the new map, but I also think it's very advantageous for the defenders who can just mow down anyone moving on the beach.

But I haven't played it that much yet so I'd like to hear what you guys think.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:26 pm 

So the map is playing how it is designed.

just be thankful the grenade launcher deploys where removed do to a small bug.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:49 pm 

I have only played it once, finally, last night. Solid roll from beginning to end. We started with only about 8-10 players at first and finished with about 20. I rolled the Morty Tank as driver and a solid Mort Gunner and proper Mg Gunner who kept up constant suppression.

I had to assess the map as we went, I haven't looked at any details of it before this. But I worked with the troops, we rolled up and functioned as Area Denial with the Mg Gunner, and the Mortar Gunner hit ALL the emplacements.

So I REALLY love this map, the layout, the whole style. I definitely need to play it many more times to really see it run different ways. But our run felt pretty smooth. We did have to make a few Strategic selections in our CZ order. But to me, and this is only this ONE playthrough so far, rolling properly with the Morty as direct Troop Support ---and I am certain with a few other AirDropped vehicles-- this map went pretty smoothly and easily.

However I really need to see it with a full team and full enemy count. We did get rushed by an Enemy Tank right off out to our main HQ. That was nice... panic in the ranks there.

I hope to play it more and get back with more info.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:05 pm 

okay I have played it a few more times. Most effective approach is a well implemented Mortar Tank crew and supporting troops and other Av's if possible. Seems to need to be AirDropped AV's.

However, even last night, I ran the whole map on foot with almost nothing but new players and compared to all my time playing all the other maps, all the updates and adjustments:

This map still feels like it's rolling a little fast/easy. I think we were under 25 minutes. The other classic maps are about 1-2hrs now (post 1.50) of good solid slow rolling battle.

It feels like it's supposed to be a Vehicle Map, yet we only have the Mortar Tank. And it seems the Enemy mainly uses 1 Tank against use. Although i feel I see an APC somewhere?

It's a good map. Great design, new flow patterns. But even with mostly new people, all on foot, and a few "vets" on foot too we still just roll it well. There's a little stall on the front beach approach at first. yet even in this one foot round last night we took both the 1st layer of CZ's at the same time just because some new guys sort of split off and eventually two fronts developed. But it happened pretty quick.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:26 am 

It's hard to have a perfect balancing from scratch for a new map especially when you can test with just 3-4 players before release.
There is a tough hurdle in this map which newer player will never manage to pass, which is the destruction of the cliff towers and the AA. Without doing so, the map will be pretty much impossible.
I will raise the player_ai_compensation factor from 2 to 3 (3 bots spawning for the enemy for every connected player) and also raise the capacity variance from 0.4 to 0.45 (Which means the start will be a bit easier for the players (might compensate the higher compensation factor) and make the end game a bit harder as the lower the number of bases for the enemy, the more bonus soldiers they will have.
The modified server is invasionEU2. The difference might not be noticeable with a low amount of players though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:50 pm 

^ Thanks Jack. It's a good map layout. Lots of great trench and crater shell firefights.

I'll see if I can rally a few guys to swing over and try it. Is it locked on that map as a test server? Or Just when it shows up in the rotation?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:08 pm 

Opt_0 wrote:
Or Just when it shows up in the rotation?

^

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:35 am 

Now invasionEU1, invasionEU2 and invasionUS2 have the changes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:40 pm 

Rgr that, ol' buddy.
I'll pay attention on US2. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:00 pm 

Street and a few others rolled the map in 20.1 minutes grrr :)
It had 24 players and not many noobs though hm.