It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:19 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 96

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:36 pm 

In the last few months I noticed something very irritating - I am wounded then calling paras, but despite I am behind cover(no matter if it's a wall, sandbag or destroyed vehicle) while my allies heals me, a lot of times I get killed with no any apparent explanation. No bullets or nades at my position, I just suddenly dying and that's all....... :?
Ok, probably the first few times I accept such a death for normal, but then I started watching very carefully at the enemies movements/firing while being healed and I saw that certainly in most of the cases there is no any reason for my death.
I am not a noob, so that I know what I am talking about.
How could you explain that?!

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:41 pm 

when you are in gravely wounded state, the game considers that you are technically standing up, despite the looks of your character being safe, laying down for aid behind cover. This effects also sneaking, if you are gravely wounded the opponents that are in search mode and doesn't know you were there will suddenly see you in stand-up visual detection range (+ night/day sight modifiers)

this standing status also applies the moment you are in climbingfence/vaultobstacle or in falling stance. Parachuting also

Also hai, I know I know - 1st post despite the fact that I've been on this game since desura only access x) I'm very forum lurky usually but I can't help but say something this time ^^

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:20 pm 

ur e famous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:44 pm 

YarringMeower wrote:
First: hello YarringMeower, nice to see you here. :)
Second: OK, you're right, this is the technical explanation what's happened, but this doesn't explain why you have been killed, which started happens very often especially in the last two months.
The game mechanics is the same as before so I would like to know why this started happening recently?

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:47 pm 

You die automatically after a set time period, if that helps. Might just be coincidence that it's been happening recently.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:03 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
You die automatically after a set time period, if that helps. Might just be coincidence that it's been happening recently.
Man, this is a completely different story. How could you even suppose that I would made this topic if I had died due the time? :P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:27 pm 

Now that You are saying this DIO, I also expirienced "strange" deaths while bing wounded. Pretty simmilar to what You described, though I personally think it was lag, stray bullet and bad luck working together (happened only few times). Also in my case it is very possible that YarringMeower's explenation was simply the case. Still... I will make sure to be more carefull about that situation from now on...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:24 pm 

DIO wrote:
Modest wrote:
...... Also in my case it is very possible that YarringMeower's explenation was simply the case.
DIO wrote:
.........this is the technical explanation what's happened, but this doesn't explain why you have been killed, which started happens very often especially in the last two months.
The game mechanics is the same as before so I would like to know why this started happening recently?

A bit aside of the main subject, but still related: some time ago, I've asked of what depends the AI's behavior and there was no satisfactory explanation..... seems they just do that in what they are best(or/and born to do).
Anyway, their behavior has changed and this is not something new for us, for sure.
So that lately often encountered the following situations, which highly reduced your chances to survive(applies especially when you are wounded and calling paras):
- most of the enemies just run right next to your position waiting for hostile landing
The result: you are dying in 2/5 of the cases
- some of the enemies throw(or at least trying) a grenade right over you(apparently for no reason), even though you are not an immediate threat to them + you are quite away from them. They just turn to your position and you got a deadly gift... :mrgreen:
The result: you are dying in 1/3 of the cases
- although there are two medics(8 paras call) most of the times they just get killed(mostly in the air :D) before reach you
The result: you are dying in 2/5 of the cases
- when paras arrive some of the enemies just stabbing you :mrgreen:
The result: you are dying in 1/5 of the cases

..... and recently the above described situation.

BTW I found a small trick which might help you to not be killed - while you're wounded and/or waiting for reinforcement, just keep cursor away aside of the enemies e.g don't point them out. So that for some reason, in some of the cases they just ignoring you. ;)

EDIT
YarringMeower wrote:
when you are in gravely wounded state, the game considers that you are technically standing up....
As a second thought, I do not agree with this, at least because when there is a situations when you're prone and then and then you're injured, you have no radio calls and this certainly should mean that you are not standing....... :roll:
So this is another inexplicable case.....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:00 pm 

The call being blocked if you're wounded while prone is because the locks your last position, so since you can't make calls as you are prone, when you get hit to wounded at that moment baibai calls, or that's how I've felt WHEN this bug would occur. On the meantime, the game still considers you as standing up despite locked with the prone position as you are wounded. It's two different things happening for different reasons x)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:04 pm 

Hmmm..... this also sounds strange and contradictory: in one case when you're wounded the game locks you in your last position(namely prone), but in the other the game technically considers that you are standing, even though you are lying down. Well, then it seems you're screwed in all cases. :mrgreen:
Anyway, as I stated above even if you're right for the technical part, the question is why this started happening RECENTLY, why not before?!