It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 49 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 159

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

What is your main focus in playing RWR ?
Singleplayer sneaky style 9%  9%  [ 16 ]
Singleplayer massacre style 26%  26%  [ 46 ]
Multiplayer coop sneaky style 22%  22%  [ 39 ]
Multiplayer coop massacre style 23%  23%  [ 41 ]
Multiplayer PvP sneaky 3%  3%  [ 6 ]
Multiplayer PvP massacre 8%  8%  [ 14 ]
Multiplayer pure PvP 9%  9%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 178
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 pm 

Need new categories:

Singleplayer run & snipe
Multiplayer coop run & snipe
Multiplayer PvP run & snipe

Or alternatively:

Singleplayer Famas
Multiplayer coop Famas
Multiplayer PvP Famas

The new gun is awesome. It introduces a whole new dynamic that you can't get with the sniper rifle or the shotgun. I love it! Run around one side of the building, shoot a guy in the back, all the soldiers run after you, but then you're on the other end of the building shooting them in the backs. It's fast, dangerous and intense, like massacre, but it also requires stealth and an accurate shot, like "sneaky style". Nicely done!

Blazes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:32 pm 

If you like the FAMAS that much, try out the mp5 :P

Uber weapon right there. And I know that if the MP session comes before the next patch, jack will be using it ;) and you will die.

A LOT

ComJak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:09 pm 

After playing a bit more I now choose PvP massacre. Alternatively "player hunting". :D
Although co-op massacre comes in a very close second.
Oh and I will M16 the shit out of all you FAMAS/MP5 fanboys. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:24 pm 

The good thing is that I don't have a favorite weapon really. I swap them quite a bit according to the situation.
PKM is for sure the weapon I use the less, with the Mossberg but that's maybe I just suck with them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:27 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
PKM is for sure the weapon I use the less, with the Mossberg but that's maybe I just suck with them.

Same here. With the PKM I might aswell go for the M240 as I won't be moving much with an MG anyway. And the Mossberg... Let's just say shotguns has never really been my thing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:13 pm 

If my ping is > 150 or so, i need to use the shot gun else it's impossible to tell where the target is.

ComJak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:40 pm 
Site Admin

I can't even count that far how many times I got killed by a PKM yesterday, don't remember who it was.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:58 pm 

For myself I have to say I want to vote for them all. You guys have provided a wonderful backdrop for great tacticle multiplayer gameplay. By having such large numbers of bots plus players on either and/or both it allows for tactics rarely seen in a lot of purely pvp games. Here players can engage in covering/suppression/defence positions without it just being "camping", as in so many other low player count games. Yet, even with all the numbers it is possible to group up with a few other humans and sneak out in a wide flank, and assult from the side or rear. Even during heavy battle the fact that you can sneak up and quietly melee an enemy is impressive. For as much as it can be run and gun, there are somany possibilities because of the numbers, the flow, and the use of squads. Plus I have to say, I find it enjoyable to be able to team up with some players and just be part of the battle. The pure joy of taking a town square or hilltop with a few people and then the AI re-in's show up...it's great. The Ai too can be quite a surprise, it's obvious they will go for a hole, or take an oppertunity when possible. I often run into a number of AI stalemates and help with a few players to break out. Then to see all the Allies rush in, regardless of which way you break out. Don't lose the mass AI or the sneaking, it really is an open world tacticle shooter. And a large part of the fun is the mass warfare.

How has no one thought of this before?
You guys are totally on to something.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:01 pm 

By far the most amazing thing to do is grab a shield and walk up to an AI, wait for his reload, and knife him in the face.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:30 pm 

newabortion wrote:
SP other, I'm more about commanding men as much as I can, put them in the right place at the right time.

yeah, I'd really like to see a focus onto improving the way you control AI units. right now it doesn't really cooperate with the player. a particular annoyance of mine is how having units in your squad isn't always guaranteed and a bunch of other things related to that. I generally think this is one of big problems with the game right now, and I'd like to see it smoothed out soon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next