It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 49 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 166

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

What is your main focus in playing RWR ?
Singleplayer sneaky style 9%  9%  [ 16 ]
Singleplayer massacre style 26%  26%  [ 46 ]
Multiplayer coop sneaky style 22%  22%  [ 39 ]
Multiplayer coop massacre style 23%  23%  [ 41 ]
Multiplayer PvP sneaky 3%  3%  [ 6 ]
Multiplayer PvP massacre 8%  8%  [ 14 ]
Multiplayer pure PvP 9%  9%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 178
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

Zoging wrote:
newabortion wrote:
SP other, I'm more about commanding men as much as I can, put them in the right place at the right time.

yeah, I'd really like to see a focus onto improving the way you control AI units. right now it doesn't really cooperate with the player. a particular annoyance of mine is how having units in your squad isn't always guaranteed and a bunch of other things related to that. I generally think this is one of big problems with the game right now, and I'd like to see it smoothed out soon

Unless it's borked, defensive AI soldiers have been made more eager to leave their leader to join a nearby attack leader with higher rank than themselves and with an open slot in the squad. Players are always represented as attacking leaders. Thus, stopping by at a friendly base / respawning there should make it easier to get squad slots filled.

Also, the higher your rank, the easier it should be to fill the first slots, so e.g. if you are 8k xp, you should be able to get 4 squadmates fairly easily, which already makes a fine squad. Most of the time over 5 units in a squad makes it a crowd, in my opinion at least.

Moreover, reinforcement drops can be a good way to get your squad filled without having to go look for new squadmates. Currently the reinforcement drops don't have any logic to ensure the paratroopers will fill your squad, except none of them has over 5k xp. I haven't tested this awfully much, mostly because I haven't seen the squad fill much of a problem, but once I do, I might end up adding something to make it possible to ensure that reinforcements will indeed fill your squad primarily.

Finally, there's at least one bug in the squad fill system as it's near impossible to get the last slot filled.

What comes to controlling the squad, it probably won't change much. Mostly it's the micromanagement I want to avoid in a fast paced 1-hit-to-kill shooter game such as RWR, as more often than not, your squadmates will end up killed anyway. The current mechanic of telling them what position to fight against (equals just moving there if there's no one), or commit by charging towards that position with a re-click, or having them just follow you, is enough for most of the tricks you need to be able to pull off in RWR.

There's also the split mode for controlling both the carrier and foot subsquad, but I don't think awfully many people are using it because it's already too far into management.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:33 am 

I simply chose singleplayer sneaky because.. I dunno.. The satisfaction of murdering every enemy without complication or detection is just.. Fills my heart with joy, plus not many games have the ability for the player to be sneaky. Well not many compared to the majority I'm sure we could name plenty. I feel this game pulls it off pretty well for what it is! Could be a little more in depth though, but I realize that stealth is an obstacle for a game with a point of view like it is if you want it to make sense. *random suck up comment* You guys are doing everything perfect with this game in my eyes, don't stop the good work :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:28 pm 

Tough decision for me... I like sniping and managing my squad and after securing one position advancing. But if im feeling lucky... MP5SD - flanking enemy while they are fighting my squad. I would like to see some multiplayer action - for example I with some guys all MP5SD acting as special forces of some sorts... BTW will be there AP and AT mines (i know about C4)?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:15 pm 
Site Admin

ResFu wrote:
BTW will be there AP and AT mines (i know about C4)?

There are AT mines but they've been set available only in (pure) PvP.

It isn't entirely impossible that they'd make their way to matches with AI in vanilla, but it's not planned that way right now.

With the current tools for AI logic, both the enemy and the fellows would end up running into your mines most of the time (easy & annoying), or they'd always avoid the mines (could be easy to get them stuck & indecisive), and the mines wouldn't work at all if you as player would leave the territory with mines, so it comes with a fair amount of burden to make the AI behave acceptably with them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:22 am 

Thanks for clearing this out Pasik. I need to interest myself more with the multiplayer aspect of game...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:02 am 

After playing a good load of pure pvp today I had to change my vote from pvp massacre to that. :D
Great fun guys. Can't wait for getting more people in on this so we can start playing some of the bigger maps too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:54 pm 

My main focus is to get 100pcs P90. Now im going at 60. :D

At the moment RWR = SAS inva. Im also waiting more players to deatmatch.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:21 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:51 pm 

Street Veteran wrote:
My main focus is to get 100pcs P90. Now im going at 60. :D

:lol: I'm trying to get 100 horny mags. Got 17 or 18 atm.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:34 pm 

I have no main focus while playing, just the game is very addicting and that's all.

DoomMetal wrote:
:lol: I'm trying to get 100 horny mags. Got 17 or 18 atm.
Admiration, Doom! I respect that kind of art, although my poor Lona Misa's collection(3 pcs only)are outside it.
Your library will be very valuable after some time. :P

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next