It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:15 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 99

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

What is your main focus in playing RWR ?
Singleplayer sneaky style 9%  9%  [ 16 ]
Singleplayer massacre style 26%  26%  [ 46 ]
Multiplayer coop sneaky style 22%  22%  [ 39 ]
Multiplayer coop massacre style 23%  23%  [ 41 ]
Multiplayer PvP sneaky 3%  3%  [ 6 ]
Multiplayer PvP massacre 8%  8%  [ 14 ]
Multiplayer pure PvP 9%  9%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 178
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:55 pm 

Well, we had 10 folk on the server tonight, all on the same team and the games were over in minutes. We then got a few folk on the other side and the entire game mechanics changed and it became a 30 minute battle of attrition, which was seriously fun!

So, I love the PVP, and we should be able to get more of the Clan in for some more PVP, and see how that goes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

{SAS}DocStone wrote:
Well, we had 10 folk on the server tonight, all on the same team and the games were over in minutes. We then got a few folk on the other side and the entire game mechanics changed and it became a 30 minute battle of attrition, which was seriously fun!

So, I love the PVP, and we should be able to get more of the Clan in for some more PVP, and see how that goes.

Just throwing this out, you might consider cranking up the player-bot compensation when doing purely cooperative. The server has it as 6 by default (the enemy will have 6 extra bots per every player you have over the other faction's player count), which is a bit low if you have anyone playing who's played more than one match.

We're capturing some stealth action video material with the setting at 40 with JackMayol, and the Invasion mode I just started publicly testing today on one server has it at 20.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:57 pm 

Let me know what setting to change, and I will do it. Had a second blast there and it was almost 5v5 and the games were much more fun.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

{SAS}DocStone wrote:
Let me know what setting to change, and I will do it. Had a second blast there and it was almost 5v5 and the games were much more fun.

I love overtaking threads :) The direct way is to call e.g. "compensation_factor 20" in the server console. If you're using aliases to start the matches with specific settings, such as the 1,2,3,4 or 5 commands, you could edit commands.xml so that

Code:
    <alias name="3" command="start_game 0 0.94 160"/>

would be

Code:
    <alias name="3" command="start_game 0 0.94 160; compensation_factor 20"/>

to concatenate the commands into one call.

Other ways to increase difficulty / game time per match in cooperative would be
* starting the map with base count handicap, it's the first parameter, e.g. setting it to 1 will make greens have one base to start with (0 means even)
* increasing AI accuracy, in start_game command it's the second parameter, 0.94

While we are at it, it's also possible to run certain commands via the XML interface, e.g. http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/start1.xml, you could copy that file in the server folder and in the console call "execute start1.xml". The XML commands are a bit more convenient, and they provide some extended settings.

Back to topic, I'm glad you're enjoying the adversary gaming style! I hope not all matches are ending up as complete stalemates :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:32 pm 

Stalemates? Oh god no, my team always win :D

And thanks for the info, will have a muck about with the configs tomorrow!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:31 pm 

Multiplayer pvp massacre for me, more players more fun, more difficulty, more possibility of tactics... single player is good for learning the game...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:42 pm 

I like running with bots versus players (Multiplayer PvP massacre). I like how it can be played with any numbers of player (with good AI compensation) and getting my own little squad mates through rank is very enjoyable as well. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:41 am 

MP Coop massacre is the most fun I've had so far...
But I think I must abstain from voting until I've experienced more than 1v1 PvP (with AI).
Big PvP battles sounds like the most fun to me, and I can't wait to try that some time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:04 am 

DoomMetal wrote:
MP Coop massacre is the most fun I've had so far...
But I think I must abstain from voting until I've experienced more than 1v1 PvP (with AI).
Big PvP battles sounds like the most fun to me, and I can't wait to try that some time.

That's wise, even though you can change your vote later on.
I'll probably set up a match for the upcoming week-end as it has been a while since the last "devs+friends vs. community" match happened.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:57 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
I'll probably set up a match for the upcoming week-end as it has been a while since the last "devs+friends vs. community" match happened.

Awesome. See you one the battlefield then. :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next