It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 33

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:47 am 

oh i have theories too. I think jack is hiding more secrets of the game from us. I believe its more than just secret crates, there must be more so i try to stay along jack when hes online to see if he reveals any clues. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:13 pm 

RefrigerRaider wrote:
oh i have theories too. I think jack is hiding more secrets of the game from us. I believe its more than just secret crates, there must be more so i try to stay along jack when hes online to see if he reveals any clues. :D

You don't know the least of it. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:03 pm 

I have no idea how long you guys have spent for playing and testing(or just noting while playing), so that really needs an explanation and I feel it will be a detailed one...:roll:
Actually, the game's reality is often different from the dry technical data drained from the files. So, because of all that, I mean just posting such a data without mentioning(knowing) the possible variants and derivations is incomplete or even more - a incorrect data. Also, I do not like posts based on bare facts, simply because in RWR 1 is not always equal to 1. ;)
I am saying that, because I suffered a lot until I found these discrepancies... and maybe because I am a perfectionist as well. :)

RefrigerRaider, I mean that there are some things seen by me while playing RWR for over 6000 hrs.(which is apx. eight (8) months of my life over the last 2 years or so :D) which are beyond the data from the files, so please read precisely what I've wrote: I mentioned especially and only RPG*s(NOTE: by saying "RPG" I mean all the RPGs for the factions, not only the Brown one) damage, the remaining tank's health and the damage made by impact nades at the last stage of the life of these very vehicles! I am NOT saying all the data you've posted is incorrect(as far as I have a observations, a tow's damage is OK and yes - 2 RPGs* or 3 impact nades or 6 hand ones are enough for taking out a comms truck, and yes - the first caused damage on a tank is as expected, but the last one might be variable). I posted a concrete % EXACTLY BECAUSE you can get killed by RPG* in a tank at 35-37-39% of health, no matter by the type of the used RPG*.
I am playing very often in PvP servers where everything happens quickly and in a short time which gives me a good opportunity to notice the details (and the differences). In that way it is not necessary to join COOP servers and to wait for a good chance to notice the difference(same for a SP, in which you can't change that faster the locations and to get the vehicles needed for the experiments as well).
So, all this shows that the things can be variable, inconsistent, a bug, a result of desync or whatever you calling them and I don't care have you noticed, what the data says and do you believe or not, because I know what I saw!
There are quite a lot of threads I've created or posted in, related to some things that cannot be explained/weren't explained at the beginning or/and sorted out. You may notice my anger from what happened in the links to my posts listed below but after that I tried to find out what the differences are and what's happening indeed.

RefrigerRaider wrote:
........if you actually look at the data, it is accurate, I dont know because i never seen rpg oneshot an apc, always 2hits or 3....
Really?! Read this: As for the RPG damage - you know, we talked with Street Veteran and he told me that he also been noticed something similar. Like that one with 1 single RPG rocket - the APC killer. and ask Street next time you see him online. ;)
Here's the place to mention that a truck/APC/tank with enough strength to NOT be destroyed by a single RPG*, actually CAN be destroyed by it.....
------------------

Sorry KetchupWarthog, I won't spend more time for proving something which I know perfectly well. But you could. You only need to get a tank, ignore everything else beside tthe test, let enemy bots to RPG* you, keep the cursor over the vehicle and watch out for the remaining % of health. Same for impact nades used by bots. Then try the same with an APC and the RPGs* + get closer to some enemy tank, let it shoot you and watch for the remaining % of health.
I DO NOT saying it happens always, but like a 10-15 % of the situations should be exactly as the described ones.
------------------

JackMayol wrote:
Interesting theories you got there DIO ;)
Jack, these are not theories, but are reliable descriptions of reality which must be understood as a assertions that are true, regardless of the opinions of others. ;)

JackMayol wrote:
In general it doesn't make any difference if a weapon is in AI or player's hands, the damage is the same.
Allow me to disagree! Sometimes there is a difference and I made a plenty of experiments to be absolutely sure, so I am standing totally behind my assertion!

JackMayol wrote:
As for the collision box, it's a cuboid with the physics center of gravity at the center of it. It doesn't matter where you hit the cuboid, as long as the blast radius of the blast projectile connects with the center of gravity of the cuboid or the tires as those are also damage detection points. In vehicle damage detection it's either full damage or no damage at all no matter what part of the vehicle is hit.
I am not familiar with the collision/damage detection, am just saying what am seeing by being a gamer. Also, this explanation of yours is almost the same as in this post ;)..... but I tried too many times, even by turning the gunner's side always towards the enemies and he survive much often than driver.....

Actually, we already had a similar discussions. Here are some old posts of mine, in which I mention mostly the same things:
viewtopic.php?p=14476#p14476
viewtopic.php?p=14794#p14794
viewtopic.php?p=14800#p14800
viewtopic.php?p=14899#p14899

... and sorry, no short version :mrgreen:

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:43 am 

You are a veteran player with tons of experience so i wont doubt you. But still, you say you dont really play on COOP and having experience on pvp to some degree. I devote 99% of my multiplayer time playing coop,the modes are vastly different. Without a doubt, stats are completely different between these modes, if the reward system are drastically different, then there must be more thats different. Hence why i think jack is hiding secrets from us :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:44 am 

I have never run into AI bots one-shotting my armored vehicles of any faction before. I'm going to side with JackMayol here, the code says things differently to what you've "experienced". Note that the hitting a vehicle with an anti-tank weapon and seeing the explosion while doing no damage (specifically to the back of it) means you're lagging a bit, or the netcode isn't working too well - this is known as "dusting" (this is especially true with moving vehicles), your client says it hit it and renders the explosion, but the server says otherwise, and thus no damage is done while your projectile becomes inert.

Maybe your time away from the Steam version is giving you hallucinations. :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:37 pm 

DIO wrote:
Sorry KetchupWarthog, I won't spend more time for proving something which I know perfectly well. But you could. You only need to get a tank, ignore everything else beside tthe test, let enemy bots to RPG* you, keep the cursor over the vehicle and watch out for the remaining % of health. Same for impact nades used by bots. Then try the same with an APC and the RPGs* + get closer to some enemy tank, let it shoot you and watch for the remaining % of health.
I DO NOT saying it happens always, but like a 10-15 % of the situations should be exactly as the described ones.

Hmm that's strange....I did tested (and played alot more) as well and I've never had this issue both online and offline. Only experience I had close to this would be my usage of XM-25 online, where sometimes the gun would play the firing sound, but nothing pops out. Rarely the xm-25 grenade even vanishes, or a detonated grenade produce no sound or visual effect but enemies near it just drop (kill of course). I seem to have "hit" the vehicle but then the server determined that I "missed". Otherwise I don't have much explanation.

By the way to any XM-25 experienced players/devs/whoever, has anyone had issues where an online lag would cause you to continuously fire the XM-25? I had this issue where I once lagged for 1 minute, then accidentally Windows+G and unwillingly blew the screen up.

dont mind the edit. midnight typing screwed my grammar XD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:43 am 

RefrigerRaider wrote:
You are a veteran player with tons of experience so i wont doubt you. But still, you say you dont really play on COOP and having experience on pvp to some degree. I devote 99% of my multiplayer time playing coop,the modes are vastly different. Without a doubt, stats are completely different between these modes, if the reward system are drastically different, then there must be more thats different. Hence why i think jack is hiding secrets from us :D
I, personally, do not like the term "veteran", I prefer just to be determined as a guy who has spent a shitload of hours mainly by having fun(and gaining some experience, probably :) ).
And I don't know why you've changed your point of view(considering your previous post), but anyway, you should doubt as long as you haven't noticed these things.
Also, I've never said I'm playing PVP mainly! I said I am playing very often in PvP servers and I've played a lot more compared to everyone else, I believe(like 350 hrs since the 1.0). As for the Official COOP servers - to this very moment I've played ~ 1300 hrs, since the final release and another 2500+ hrs before the 1.0, so probably for me that time is obviously enough to notice some things that are beyond the perception of some other players.
I said PVP due the reasons stated above, I didn't mean "stats" and "the reward system" between both modes, I'm talking about that the damage(regardless of the mode) caused SOMETIMES to SOME vehicles by SOME weapons is different.
That's all!
---------------

The Soldier wrote:
I have never run into AI bots one-shotting my armored vehicles of any faction before. I'm going to side with JackMayol here, the code says things differently to what you've "experienced". Note that the hitting a vehicle with an anti-tank weapon and seeing the explosion while doing no damage (specifically to the back of it) means you're lagging a bit, or the netcode isn't working too well - this is known as "dusting" (this is especially true with moving vehicles), your client says it hit it and renders the explosion, but the server says otherwise, and thus no damage is done while your projectile becomes inert.

Maybe your time away from the Steam version is giving you hallucinations. :P
You mention only a event, which has happened once in a blue moon(in other words I've seen it only 2 times since the 1.1 release), + I linked the post in which Street told me, he has seen the same + we were together when that happened right in front of our eyes(hope he'll remember the case). But by reading your post, I am tend to think that there might be some "invisible"(because of the lag, netcode either perhaps due to that "dusting" effect you mention or maybe the animation is bugged) impact grenades that are thrown meanwhile(and which may reduce the vehicle's health). So that, your explanation sounds pretty much reasonable.
But the main point is that sometimes your vehicle is blown by an RPG/impact nades, which should not happen, because the vehicle you're in has more strength than such explosion may cause.
BTW such things started happening since the damage system was changed.

I'm not sure what you mean by "your steam version" since I use the same steam files but without Steam, on the whole. And they ain't hosting the servers, anyway, so this can not be the reason for my "hallucinations" but thank you for not believing me, although Street(and maybe other ppl) have seen it, so same as above - ask him when you see him. ;)
Should we blame the netcode, too? :P
---------------

KetchupWarthog wrote:
Hmm that's strange....I did tested (and played alot more) as well and I've never had this issue both online and offline. Only experience I had close to this would be my usage of XM-25 online, where sometimes the gun would play the firing sound, but nothing pops out. Rarely the xm-25 grenade even vanishes, or a detonated grenade produce no sound or visual effect but enemies near it just drop (kill of course). I seem to have "hit" the vehicle but then the server determined that I "missed". Otherwise I don't have much explanation.
Well, that might need a lot more time for testing/reproducing/confirmation. Maybe in SP things will be normal. As in any games - at first you're just playing but then you're starting to reveal some other things and more, and more...
As for the XM-25, same happens to me, too - missing projectiles or no sound while shooting.

KetchupWarthog wrote:
By the way to any XM-25 experienced players/devs/whoever, has anyone had issues where an online lag would cause you to continuously fire the XM-25? I had this issue where I once lagged for 1 minute, then accidentally Windows+G and unwillingly blew the screen up.
Yep, it happens too, although there is no OOS indications. You can stop that by diving, switching to the secondary wep or Alt+Tab.

KetchupWarthog wrote:
no worry as my grammar is worse even at the middle of the day :D

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:21 am 

Bah, call me whatever you want but same happened right now - in a brown tank, first green RPG took 25%, then there was a bot with double RPGs and the tank got destroyed. Was unable to check how % had been left after the second shot. Yes, it is f***in idiotic but I am absolutely sure what I saw, so that must be a glitch either some short OOS or an invisible impact nade(as very often they are not visible while throwing).
Played in SAS BTW and the ping was pretty fine.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:02 pm 

KetchupWarthog wrote:
DIO wrote:

Yeh the xm25 firing constantly glitch happens to me sometimes

Easy way to fix it is just by hitting the fire key again, it seems to happen when you fire and reload at the same time(?), not sure though but I think it happens with riles too

Another glitch I've experienced seems to be a leftover from the pre-nerf xm25, which as everyone knows did much more 2x more vehicle damage and its corresponding knockback was able to knock dead wrecks twice as far as now (noticeable on cars)

Sometimes I still experience it knocking back cars twice as far but the server quickly corrects it within a milisecond so theres no effect on gameplay except visual lol, also it could just be a small server hiccup I experienced

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:55 am 

I think you forgot to mention that patrol boat is the only thing that can't be killed by one single C4