It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 40

All times are UTC

Post subject: long time no see :)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:35 am 

Hey all, It's been a long time. Forums are too quiet so I decided to make a post.

Yesterday evening, on Brutus there were 11 players online, which is the highest number of players that I have seen at one time. It was a Fridge Valley map twice in a row for me in two nights at the same time (coincidence?). Anyway, funny thing was that enemy AI was/were so powerful and aggressive so we just couldn't win the match :)) They were constantly pushing. I like it, just the way it is. However, other players were giving up one by one until I was left alone all by myself. I enjoyed it nonetheless.

However, there are some conclusions I made in my short RWR career. I'm absolutely certain that enemy bots drive better than bots on my side, hehe. I know it's silly because there's no difference between them. But, their vehicles last much, much longer and are seemingly more dangerous because of it. Bots on my/our side are much more prone to losing their vehicles to enemy! I know this doesn't make any sense at all, but it also looks like the enemy bots are much better organized with vehicles than bots on our side. While our tanks get destroyed rather easily and fast, enemy can make quite significant advancement thanks to their tanks and vehicles in general. I've based these opinions on Moorland Trenches, Vigil Island and Fridge Valley. When playing on these maps, our tanks would more often than not somehow fall into the hands of the enemy. Also, in my experience it seems that bots have the player preference when choosing the target. On the Fridge Valley map, it happened more than once that enemy tank would appear out of nowhere and target, one-shot me in the widely spread group of soldiers. Anyway, it is all very entertaining, but it boggles my mind.

Game still feels great just like on the day I purchased it. The only thing I would change is the drop percentage of some weapons. There are waaay to many Benneli M4 shotguns and shotguns in general dropped by elites. Problem with shotguns is that they are too slow to recharge (except AA-12 which is magazine fed) and that can get you killed so I never used them. When I use AA-12 I tend to die a lot from grenades, so after switching weapons a lot, I kind of focused more on snipers and VSS because it is my 'jack of all trades' in RWR.

Thanks for reading, see you in the game.

Post subject: Re: long time no see :)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:43 am 

Hey guys, It's me, after a long break. I see the new patch is live with excellent additions.
My long awaited wish about the Steyr has been granted and we finally have assault rifle with not so weak scope. That one and SCAR are my new favorite weapons. Milkor is still a no show, but that's ok. Regarding Steyr AUG, I would like to ask it's maker to add another version of it, but this time as submachine gun version STEYR PARA that uses 9x19mm bullets, and plus the game needs more usable submachine guns. Beside P90 we have MP5 that is not really being used out of stealth. So I think this would be a good addition. It would be very easy to implement it because everything is already there just change name and specs, and there you have it.

Another great addition to the game would be celebrated Heckler & Koch UMP Para, used by some special forces, also as submachine gun version.

Perhaps the most important of all changes is improvement of Lathi L39. Now it is a true weapon of destruction. I don't have it myself (yet) but I've seen it in action. There is one problem with it though, since it is explosive, I take it that user can now easily kill himself if he shoots carelessly behind some cover and the bullet doesn't go through and instead explodes near by?

Anyway, big thanks to the developer(s) and contributors of these awesome additions to the game.