It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:11 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 49 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 136

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:53 am 

http://imgur.com/a/QKlbc

Name: The Alamo Mega Fortress

So the story was, I decided to add some entertainment to the game by surprising my team after hearing someone say how the final boss fight is not as challenging and exciting enough. This gave me an idea, I decided to be the one with help to create the most challenging final boss battle in RWR. I decided to artificially increase the difficulty of the final battle by planting a mega fortress defense on around the area inside Area 69 for the bots with help from some fellow members before the gate goes down.

I was entertained by this but unfortunately some members were interfering and not doing a legit fight by mortaring from atop cliffs on the positions. The fight turned out to be on average shorter than expected. Also, I was only 60% done setting up the emplacements before the gate collapsed, forcing my setup to end prematurely. But the idea and implementation sure was interesting for the team to see and experience.

http://imgur.com/a/QKlbc

Name: The Alamo Mega Fortress

Infos above are the prototype stage of this experiment. For the final complete version, check second reply

Last edited by RefrigerRaider on Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:30 pm 

First Final Official Version
This is the first officially well completed version of the RWR Greatest Battle in RWR History experiment.
With tremendous assistance from the team, I was truly able to make it a reality. This is the first complete artificial fort implementation to enhance the boss battle experience in Area 69.

I spend about 8k worth of RP in funds to set this up. It wasnt cheap.
Inventory includes:
-21 Tows
-10 Minguns
-20 MG
-15 Mortars
-25 Sandbags

Pictures

The implementation is fantastic. The increased difficulty of this setup gave many of us good entertainment. However, much of the miniguns and mgs were not utilized. The bots seem to develop a favoritism over TOWs and Mortar mounts over the mgs and miniguns. Nonetheless, it shows that the Mortars were effective in keeping the us at bay while the TOWs where extremely effectively, capable of delivering payload after payload with pinpoint accuracy, giving the team a true challenge to face. The performace of the mgs were mediocre. Also, I made an error placing a TOW in the building near Darkcat spawn, as players who managed to sneak past managed to get to it and snipe Darkcat with relative impunity.

I deliberately placed mg mounts and other immovable objects around Darkcat spawn, imprisoning Darkcat in that spot so Darkcat wont move to vulnerable areas. This also proves effective as it forces Darkcat to guard the entrance to the jammer, making entry virtually impossible. There was also a major flaw, My barricade was too small, making Darkcat unable to turn, this resulted in a weakspot where its cannons cant turn and engage targets in certain directions. this was primarily responsible for Darkcats death.

Learning from this valuable experience, I will be able to improve cost and combat efficiency for future tests. I shall:
-replace most of the mgs for more TOWs and mortar
-build more sandbags
-reduce the materiel amount as many went unused and got destroyed
-place no tows pointing at the Darkcat
-increase the size of the Darkcat cage, add some extra protections in sandbags around it. This comes with a special perk with Darkcat that it has a ridiculous detection and attack range, making sniping really not possible. makes sneaking to Darkcat extremely difficult as it will basically function as a entrenched well protected sniper tank guarding the jammer as a side perk.

The team had a real blast from this. It was a shame some did not get to participate. But stay tuned, I shall plan more in the future.

summary of the battle
It took a while for the bots to start occupying the mounts. There seems to be something were bots will not occupy mounts thats placed beyont a certain point. The bots never were able to occupy much of the less vital parts that were closest to the entrance. the bots never bothered to use them and those emplacements were destroyed by the team awhile later. However, the bots managed to occupy most if not all the strategic emplacements, demonstrating a clear preference for TOWs and Mortars on and around the buildings. They were able to provide deadly fire power and successfully did most of the work denying access to us. The TOWs were definitely the main threat, with their pinpoint accuracy ,caused the most casualties and strategic effect while mortars provided a supporting role with indirect firing support, ensuring we keep on the move. While the less experienced players held the line and bored the brunt of the punishent. A group of veteran players using their spec ops tactics were able to breach the north area and get to the darkcat. They died many times trying to stay near the area where the darkcat providing amazing long range sniping power against them. they managed to find a flaw where there is a tow on the building directly pointing at the darkcat. They were able to exploit it, delivering significant damage. The darkcat, because of the small cage,is unable to turn so its main guns can provide 360 coverage, still managed to put up a good fighy by providing deadly accurate sniping suppressing fire. after several attempts the next 15 minutes rebreaching the darkcat cage, they got to the weakspot and blew the darkcat up with c4, concluding the battle. It was a tough fight, but the experience was extremely wonderful. I wish more could try it out soon.