Post subject: Re: Work In Progress
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:08 am 

DIO wrote:
RefrigerRaider wrote:
reserved
dude, are you sane?! :?

Pulling an all nighter to do this. Yep, I'm pretty sane :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:08 pm 

Not as to argue but if the stock LMGs have such kill chance(46-55% and 100-120 rounds) that means they are superior comared to the stock ARs(50-55% and 30 rounds) and because I think the data you've provided is per bullet(need confirmation tho), so if my assumption is right that would mean LMGs are 300-350% more effective than ARs........ :?

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:19 pm 

DIO wrote:
Not as to argue but if the stock LMGs have such kill chance(46-55% and 100-120 rounds) that means they are superior comared to the stock ARs(50-55% and 30 rounds) and because I think the data you've provided is per bullet(need confirmation tho), so if my assumption is right that would mean LMGs are 300-350% more effective than ARs........ :?

There you have some parts wrong my friend. The stock light machine guns also have average accuracy of around 60% at no recoil while stock assault rifles all have 100% accuracy at no recoil. I provided a link to wiki, but I did not include data that was already on wiki. so the answer is no. plus they have twice reload and you have to fire prone, so the only pro are the extra rounds, range, and faster rate of fire at expense of speed and accuracy.

Yes, it is per bullet.

Please take note that this statistic only takes note of distance with respect to kill chance. other factors such as accuracy, rate of fire, reload etc are not in here

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:35 pm 

I know the difference and this was the very reason why I said that the LMGs look better than ARs - just to point out that the data you have calculated shouldn't be provided separately since all the other parameters are important for the weapon's abilities, just as you said: rounds, range, fire rate, accuracy factor, recoil/recoil recovery, kill probability, range, etc and by posting these data only someone may be confused just because he might read it in the same way that I described.

In short: that lethal range on which you have spent all the night is simply one of the many other parameters and they all together are making the weapon's potential. ;)

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:18 pm 

I created this primarily to help myself :D
Sharing this with others is just a secondary purpose.

With this master list of damage over effective range, I could easily access this trove of information to better my understanding and improving damage application efficiency over distance.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:01 am 

I just feel that the shotguns range needs to be buffed a bit, this would definitely improve their usefulness. It is without a doubt shotguns are the most underpowered primary weapons in the game. Improve accuracy and range abit and you have a weapon that works quite well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:37 pm 

Nah, every weapon has its purpose, so shotgun is a SHOTGUN, not a sniper....... plus, all we have our times when you've been shooted at long range with a damn shotgun, so I say NO!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:06 am 

Why not add this to the wiki in the new column in the weapons table?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:30 pm 

sivistojko wrote:
Why not add this to the wiki in the new column in the weapons table?

Feel free to do so :)
If you mess stuff up, I can revert it anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:23 pm 

too much code man, plus, i dont know code that well :c