It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 62

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:49 am 

Version 1.25
The grenade is the most commonly possessed explosive weapon in RWR coop. Virtually every bot will possess grenades and they use them to deadly effect and efficiency. Here will be a list of tips on using and countering enemy grenades.

Visual representation of the approximate kill radius from my bot to the wall for the hand and impact grenade to give you a good visual of where the safe area relatively is:

1. Grenades deal the same damage regardless of distance. As long as you are in the kill radius, you will always be dealt 100% of its max damage. This wont matter to infantry as they cant withstand multiple grenades without vests. In a vehicle, it is best you not get into the blast radius at all. This mechanic applies to all explosive weapons, not just grenades.

2. An undamaged Vest II when hit by a hand grenade will absorb the equivalent of lethal 2 bullet hits and knock you down, like a gun. While the impact grenade will deal the equivalent of 3 lethal bullet hits to the vest, destroying it and leaving you wounded.

3. Bots are programmed to frag medics that is about to heal or is healing a wounded. Try to get to a safe distance far from them in order to proceed healing.

4. Bots will more likely frag you if you are clumped together, though that does not mean they will not if you are alone.

5. Do not throw a grenade while you are crouching behind cover, you will stand up but you will not throw it over but instead stick it right on top of the cover. Release crouch button when you are hiding behind cover to properly throw it over.

6. When you are on a tall building and there are enemies directly on the ground close to it, try to aim a bit further in the direction you want to throw the grenade as the arc usually is too short to make the grenade fall over the roof and onto the ground.

Other tips:

1. Try not to camp so close to a APC, Tank, and Truck carcass. When they respawn and you are really close to it, you will be knocked to the ground and stunned temporarily.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:21 am 

Regarding the tip you mentioned, don't run towards the door of a tank or any vehicle in attempt to hijack it while it is in full speed, because it will result in your certain death. It happened to me more times than I could count. After a while I started running away from AI drivers because they won't hesitate to run you over. But I guess that is a tip for a different topic.

About the grenade blast radius, its ridiculous. They do too much damage to the tanks. One grenade can do from 6~15% dmg to a tank! And with pretty high blast radius you almost always going to take the hit if you are going slowly to avoid suicidal bots with RPGs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:14 pm 

tanks are pretty op against the bots, probs wont matter, they cant complain about it anyway :D
but still, you could kill over hundred bots if you handle the tank correctly, the high damage seems to make sense as to balance the gameplay. this game isnt meant to be too realistic, its the right mix of arcade and realism.

I wouldnt worry about the grenade very much in tanks. its the rpgs thats the most dangerous