It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 40

All times are UTC

Post subject: new player feedback
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:34 am 

Hey guys. I bought the game a couple of days ago, and I was having a real blast!!

Game is as fun as people say and advertise! I was worried about the negative reviews on Steam, since they all revolved around inadequate numbers of players on pvp servers. But then I was reassured since at least one server is always active, and AI Bots are there on Co-op to balance the teams which makes it more than fine for me.

About the game, all I can say is a praise. It is very light and bright, stress free (although frustrations can happen), for both casual and hard core, for those with little and a lot of time to spare. You can join in the beginning, in the midst, or at the end of the battle, perfect! The weapon choices are still a bit strange concept to me since I still haven't tried rare ones.

And now the only bad thing about the game for me so far is the efficiency of the AI Bots. For some reason I was most if not all the time getting one-shotted, while I am often struggling to get the killing blow no matter the weapon. Snipers are a huge disappointment to me because they are not as good as they should be, or at least what I hoped them to be. If I have green spot on the target's head from the prone position, the target is supposed to be dead no matter the theory, game concept, or whatever the circumstances. But no, after one shot, two shots, three shots...target is still there.

Now, this is something that isn't game related. Yesterday, in my Co-op game, there was a guy DMB2003 who constantly kept throwing grenades on players and disrupting the game. It is incredible that the game doesn't have the means to deal with that sort of people. You should either allow friendly fire totally, or disable it totally. Not like this.

Overall, it is a great game, it has enormous potential, I wish it continues developing. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: new player feedback
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:37 am 

Hey, welcome to the forums. Glad to know you're enjoying the game. :)

(also, check out some of the mods available if you happen to get bored - there's a couple of zombie mods, WWI and WWII, and even XCOM and Star Wars!)

sivistojko wrote:
And now the only bad thing about the game for me so far is the efficiency of the AI Bots. For some reason I was most if not all the time getting one-shotted, while I am often struggling to get the killing blow no matter the weapon. Snipers are a huge disappointment to me because they are not as good as they should be, or at least what I hoped them to be. If I have green spot on the target's head from the prone position, the target is supposed to be dead no matter the theory, game concept, or whatever the circumstances. But no, after one shot, two shots, three shots...target is still there..

If you're playing this on a multiplayer server, then lag is your most likely culprit. You need a very stable connection (a stable ping is more important than a good ping here) to avoid stuff like this from happening. If it's in the singleplayer campaign or quickmatch, that kind of stuff should never happen - it's worked out find for me.

sivistojko wrote:
Now, this is something that isn't game related. Yesterday, in my Co-op game, there was a guy DMB2003 who constantly kept throwing grenades on players and disrupting the game. It is incredible that the game doesn't have the means to deal with that sort of people. You should either allow friendly fire totally, or disable it totally. Not like this.

Trolls will be trolls, nothing you can do there I'm afraid. :/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:56 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
Hey, welcome to the forums. Glad to know you're enjoying the game. :)

(also, check out some of the mods available if you happen to get bored - there's a couple of zombie mods, WWI and WWII, and even XCOM and Star Wars!)

sivistojko wrote:
And now the only bad thing about the game for me so far is the efficiency of the AI Bots. For some reason I was most if not all the time getting one-shotted, while I am often struggling to get the killing blow no matter the weapon. Snipers are a huge disappointment to me because they are not as good as they should be, or at least what I hoped them to be. If I have green spot on the target's head from the prone position, the target is supposed to be dead no matter the theory, game concept, or whatever the circumstances. But no, after one shot, two shots, three shots...target is still there..

If you're playing this on a multiplayer server, then lag is your most likely culprit. You need a very stable connection (a stable ping is more important than a good ping here) to avoid stuff like this from happening. If it's in the singleplayer campaign or quickmatch, that kind of stuff should never happen - it's worked out find for me.

sivistojko wrote:

Trolls will be trolls, nothing you can do there I'm afraid. :/

Looks like he deserves a spot of the List of Shame. How often does he do it? did he proactively seek out players the entire match?

The reason people dont play multiplayer is because there will be a server wipe in the distant future and progress will be reset.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:27 pm 

RefrigerRaider wrote:
The reason people dont play multiplayer is because there will be a server wipe in the distant future and progress will be reset.

What are you talking about? Where did you get that from?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:50 pm 

RefrigerRaider wrote:

As far as I've read, the only account wipe(s) were due to the game being in testing, specifically when the game went from early access/beta to the release version. This is a given for any game. Since the game went live there have been no additional wipes, and no news from the devs regarding any intention of an additional wipe. Correct me if I'm wrong. I wouldn't want people to be discouraged from playing multiplayer due to a possible wipe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:08 pm 

RefrigerRaider wrote:

I'm pretty certain you're very wrong in this aspect. :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:36 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
RefrigerRaider wrote:

I'm pretty certain you're very wrong in this aspect. :P

so the rumor was false

then why are there not many people despite thousands of people who bought the game?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:15 am 

RefrigerRaider wrote:
then why are there not many people despite thousands of people who bought the game?

Some people just don't play multiplayer, plain and simple. I'm still very much that kind of player, I only do MP for RWR when I'm in the mood.