It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 39

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:11 am 

Dunno; the call bug was there a few patches ago. But I was being a lousy forum lurker back then x)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:57 pm 

DIO wrote:
In the last few months I noticed something very irritating - I am wounded then calling paras, but despite I am behind cover(no matter if it's a wall, sandbag or destroyed vehicle) while my allies heals me, a lot of times I get killed with no any apparent explanation. No bullets or nades at my position, I just suddenly dying and that's all....... :?
Ok, probably the first few times I accept such a death for normal, but then I started watching very carefully at the enemies movements/firing while being healed and I saw that certainly in most of the cases there is no any reason for my death.
I am not a noob, so that I know what I am talking about.
How could you explain that?!
Now I am really mad :twisted: Same shit happens over and over, just without any visible explanation. Got wounded, waited for help and while the medic healed me I heard a explosion of impact grenade and then I was dead.
To be clear: NONE OF THE SOLDIERS AROUND ME DID NOT THREW ANY GRENADE.
Explain that please :!:

PS
Sometimes the tank you're driving(~25% health) get destroyed by RPG and you dying, although you're equipped with undamaged vest, but sometimes the same rocket fired doesn't cause your death, even though you have no vest.
Explain that too. :!:

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:10 am 

DIO wrote:
Now I am really mad :twisted: Same shit happens over and over, just without any visible explanation. Got wounded, waited for help and while the medic healed me I heard a explosion of impact grenade and then I was dead.
To be clear: NONE OF THE SOLDIERS AROUND ME DID NOT THREW ANY GRENADE.
Explain that please :!:

PS
Sometimes the tank you're driving(~25% health) get destroyed by RPG and you dying, although you're equipped with undamaged vest, but sometimes the same rocket fired doesn't cause your death, even though you have no vest.
Explain that too. :!:

The stuff with the impact grenade could only by explained by not being in sync with the server so that you saw something else that what's really happening on the server.
As for the vest, unless you have a Type III vest you will die from a rocket no matter what as it makes more damage that what your vest can sustain. Technically it works so that on impact with the vehicle the projectile will cause a blast and if your slot position is not within the blast radius, you won't be affected at all even if the vehicle gets destroyed (the center of the vehicle is inside the blast radius).
A situation would be that the right rear of the tank is hit, which might be too far away from the driver slot (front left). Of course the longer the vehicle is, the higher the chance that it would happen, especially when the blast radius is not the highest (e.g. M2 Carl Gustav, impact nade...).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:23 am 

Ok, Jack, even you're right on that, why at 99,99% of the time I can see perfectly what happens, but exactly in this very small moment of the gameplay there is desync(which is indetectable btw) and during which someone throws a grenade in this very moment when they healing me. Sorry, but I can't accept that's the reason..... but OK, even if that's the reason, then who(since only my squad is around me) or why some of them would do that?! Sound strange, but I have the feeling that when the player is wounded, then the game wants him dead :mrgreen: , no matter in which way. In any case this is a bug, for sure.

As for the RPG damage - you know, we talked with Street Veteran and he told me that he also been noticed something similar. Like that one with 1 single RPG rocket - the APC killer.
Anyway, it is curious that when you're in vehicles your chances to survive are better if you do not have a vest. Same applies to APC destroying - sound ridiculous, but the lack of vest can save your life. Seems that damage system need improvement a bit. ;)

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:38 am 

Having a vest in a vehicle will not make you easier to kill compared to not having a vest. The blast isn't blocked by any vehicles as it goes through entirely which means that it would be the same situation without a vehicle, it's just about if you are within the blast radius or not.
As for the 1-shot kill, I had this situation as well and we don't know what's happening. Would need to be reproducible to debug it. As I told Street, consider it as a critical hit until it's tracked! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:15 am 

JackMayol wrote:
Having a vest in a vehicle will not make you easier to kill compared to not having a vest. The blast isn't blocked by any vehicles as it goes through entirely which means that it would be the same situation without a vehicle, it's just about if you are within the blast radius or not.
I said that your chances to staying alive are better if you do not have any vest. Isn't that ridiculous? :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:37 am 

that's not true. It would be like saying that as a footman you'd have more chance to stay alive without a vest...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:45 am 

JackMayol wrote:
that's not true. It would be like saying that as a footman you'd have more chance to stay alive without a vest...
I wouldn't want to turn this into spam topic, but I've made some observation during the last week(played ~10 h. per day and dying ~40-50 times during that time), so for sure I can confirm - the chances to survive in vehicles(I mean tanks and APCs only) are slightly better if you do not have a vest. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:07 pm 

And..... if the player is wounded I see how often our AI throw a nades at the wall, right near you, which means that in most times you dying. Looks exactly as if they are doing this deliberately. :mrgreen: Just like that one bug when bots throwing a nades into the air when the enemy paras landing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:25 pm 

If injured is there any remedy to heal to the wound? What would be the possible option to avoid those incident?