It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:41 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 86

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:25 am 

For the people that like this kind of play, including the tactics and teamwork bit; we're going to have to encourage people to play properly.

I watched a tank wantonly team kill while driving in and then out of battle. No one even said anything.

Is blowing his tank up not the responsible thing to do>

That's COD, and that's fine for COD. This is a game about a group. You don't have to talk to be in a group.

If you see someone running, run with them. Now your a group that every person you pass gets bigger and bigger. Like squad sized.

If a person moves forward, move forward. If you don't take the risk and move forward, the line won't change and you watch you friend die. Everyone works together.

Run to the sound of guns.

You got to be willing to train the ones that show any interest. And shun those who don't
Actively shun. We determine the quallity of community.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:51 am 

Well, sadly lots of people just don't give a flying fuuuu...dgesickle. Just yesterday i was playing with a few others, one guy got downed in outpost (Rattlesnake Crescent), someone came to heal him and just after he got up some boob came in a tank and ran them both over. Wasn't even on the main road. This is why i'm always paranoid to be anywhere near noobies driving tanks.
Similar situation with teamwork, this is most visible on Moorland - lots of people will just follow the red marker, even if it leads them to stupid places instead of looking at the map and doing the sensible thing.
Frankly, my advice is to stick with friends or higher ranked players who have a clue.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:38 pm 

Don't worry, some of us are paying attention. ;)
More people will get it, it just takes people a while to really start communicating as a team in RWR.
But usually where people start to get that "awesome co-op" feel is they get lucky in a game with a few others watching and working the field as a whole, then team pulls together with a little leadership and the whole game changes. These are those battles we're all hoping to experience!

I'll see ya on the field.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:38 pm 

One of the reasons I'm fascinated with RWR is the physiological aspects of team play. In most servers, I've noticed that only the regular players maintain a continuous dialogue, which may or may not directly pertain to combat. Behavioral communication seems to be the universal language with which most players cooperate.

The strange thing about many multiplayer games is the counter intuitive way players seem to evade cooperative situations. We as people are naturally geared to desire companionship, and to exhibit certain levels of altruism to benefit those companions. So why is it so rare to see this behavior in TEAM based games? I think it all has to do with insintive systems, and community.

Running With Rifles is a unique experience in that it doesn't elicitly insist on a particular priority or action. It merely says, "Go that way" and the rest is determined by how the thirty, forty, fifty, or hundred other soldiers synergize their efforts. Everyone is an individual yes, but how they all, totally unprompted, fall into place in some way or another to form the main line is the brilliant part of it.

If a player is taking cover and engaging the enemy while an ally is approaching, he'll make room for his ally to shelter. Or a player is nearby an MG placement and the operator dies, he'll take his place, even if he knows it means certain doom for him. Why? Because that player feels it's about the objective, the mission; the team.

Due to death being an inevitable and harshly prevalent reality, it doesn't dissuade people from risking their asses for the betterment of others. While kills are still a motivational element as they'll always be fit their own sake, most understand that being "Rambo" in a battle with hundreds of deadly foes gets you nowhere. This is why we move over for our squadies, and man the death trap MG's, because we can't do it alone, and the guy next to us is just as pivotal to our survival we are.

All for one, and one for all. RWR in a nutshell.