It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 100

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:35 pm 

This Sunday at 6pm UTC, we'll have a pure PvP classic event on {SAS}Beerdrinkers!
We will try to break the record of 64 players by making a 64v64! Let's hope this won't turn into a complete mess and that the server can handle it! :)
As the event name suggests, there won't be any AI on the field, backdooring are allowed and the whole map will be capturable!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:38 pm 

Be prepared!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:23 am 

How did it go?

Wald

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:44 am 

The maps were too big for the number of players we had, so we played a couple games where it was basically a race to backdoor empty bases. People slowly trickled away since it was pointless. The end.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

Wasn't playing, but yeah, that probably gets to happen if no bots are defending the bases (it happens even with them unless there's enough of them), so you'd actually need to organize players in defense in bases in this sort of scenario.

Full Moorland Trenches was probably acting as the stage? 15 bases, so 7-8 bases per faction, with the optimal 64 players per faction it would've meant around 6-7 guys sitting in each base to defend them, and the rest trying to attack and/or backdoor. Pretty unlikely people are able to organize like this without everyone in teamspeak, and anyway, defending bases for potential backdooring doesn't sound too interesting: 8 bases to handle so it's unlikely the backdoor will happen where you are.

Anyhow, sounded like an interesting test! Always hard to say how things work out until they are tried.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:27 pm 

I hope this will be tested again. Just needs earlier advertising. Im sure that peoples will join if they know it few days before.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:06 pm 

True, we've had a lot more interesting events but this wasn't one of them.
Maybe completely disabling bots isn't a best solution. As Jack said, for the next match must have only certain bases for cap, not all. Like Doom and I, we chased each other over three bases. :D

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:27 pm 

The two maps were Moorland and Black Gold.

It might have been ok if we got to 64 players per faction (although I have my doubts about people organizing well enough), but when I joined we weren't even at 60 players total, and the total dropped off fast. When it's at 40 players total, that's maybe 2-3 defenders per base if no one attacks, and more like 1 player per base if half the team attacks.

That's not too far from what happened, if you assume some clumping will happen at the designated cap point, which it always does. About 60% of the time I walked into a base, there was no opposition. Most of the other 40% of the time there was 1 defender. I ran into 2 defenders once or twice.

BTW, xp/rp from capping bases was way too high. It didn't actually matter since there was basically no competition (especially after doom and modest left), but I had a ton of RP I could have used to para spam any base because it was so easy to collect RP from backdooring.