It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:28 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 100

All times are UTC

Post subject: Let's talk about ranks.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:47 pm 

Looking at the wiki, it shows that captain is the highest rank with any practical gain. Beyond that you're just increasing the xp number. Are there plans to change this? It's very odd that the higher ranks are the most worthless. I'm already at second lieutenant so I'm only two ranks away from that long road of nothing. It is worrisome.

I'd also like to know how ranks are maintained in the long term from a multiplayer angle. Will people just keep ranking up and eventually we'll all be colonels and generals? This sort of stuff just isn't clear at all right now for us FNGs.

- Animal Mother

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:29 pm 

Yep after a certain point it's just rank. You'll get more AI followers more often. And of course you can commandeer vehicles from more people. But usually people that reach these ranks have played so long they rarely feel the need to pull out lower ranked guys just to steal a vehicle. (The only time it happens often is to save a Spawn Truck in a tight spot)

But it does help to show that a person has definitely got some time and playing experience under their belt.
It's not really about being motivated by rank or unlocks at that point, it's just basically a side effect of those that really love the gameplay and return to help the battles!

One social effect it does seem to create is lower new level guys listen a little more, or trust higher ranked players advice or map control suggestions. I don't ever worry about rank on players, but some people really put a lot of stock in it. But in the end we're all soldiers, we all die often, and we'll all be out on the front together! And usually you can trust a super high ranked player to know how to handle things a little more knowledgably.

During the Two Years I have played I think the main servers kept the same profiles the whole time until the official pre-release server reset. So I think for the most part our profiles will be around for a long time. Just don't forget your password. Write it down twice!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:39 am 

Opt_0 wrote:
Yep after a certain point it's just rank. You'll get more AI followers more often. And of course you can commandeer vehicles from more people. But usually people that reach these ranks have played so long they rarely feel the need to pull out lower ranked guys just to steal a vehicle. (The only time it happens often is to save a Spawn Truck in a tight spot)

But it does help to show that a person has definitely got some time and playing experience under their belt.
It's not really about being motivated by rank or unlocks at that point, it's just basically a side effect of those that really love the gameplay and return to help the battles!

One social effect it does seem to create is lower new level guys listen a little more, or trust higher ranked players advice or map control suggestions. I don't ever worry about rank on players, but some people really put a lot of stock in it. But in the end we're all soldiers, we all die often, and we'll all be out on the front together! And usually you can trust a super high ranked player to know how to handle things a little more knowledgably.

During the Two Years I have played I think the main servers kept the same profiles the whole time until the official pre-release server reset. So I think for the most part our profiles will be around for a long time. Just don't forget your password. Write it down twice!

More like higher ranks are the biggest douchebags to lower ranks. After 1.0 was released I never had the time to get my rank back. I've lowered my game time to 15 minute sessions because I just relentlessly get TKed, kicked out of vehicles/entrenchments, talked down upon like I'm a 3 year old by
higher ranks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:41 pm 

It's part of community growing pains. I also faced it a lot at first. But thankfully it has toned down some. On those extra player-grabby days I just count the vehicles at a loss and change my approach.
Usually a player skill becomes obvious when they steal a tank, rush it to the front and get killed in seconds.
Besides we all know it has little to do with "high ranked players" so much as it has to do with just inexperienced players. Lately when I drop into a game the front is so incoherent, all the new guys break off attacks on final HQ's because it too tough and then every map stalls with half the team not being able to finish off one faction while everyone else is strung all over the map.