It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:10 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 110

All times are UTC

Post subject: Horrendous server lag?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:04 pm 

I bought the game for myself and a friend yesterday, we're both really enjoying it.

However, on most of the server I go on there seems to be a fairly large amount of server lag/stuttering - which does a lot to make the game a whole lot less fun.

Is this the case for anyone else, and is there a way to fix it?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:21 pm 

Where are you located?
You should test on the official servers as we can't tell about the community servers at least.
For myself I can easily play on either an official US server or an official EU server without issues at all. A few desyncs here and there on the US servers, but nothing evil.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:21 am 

I'm located in London, playing on servers located in the UK.

I see people complaining about the lag in game as well, so it isn't just effecting me.

It's a real shame, I'm really itching to play this a lot - but lag really kills this game. :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:49 am 

Today no lag at all.
Played UK and French servers from Finland.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:44 am 

There is some lag and rubberbanding now and then, it has to be said. It's kind of odd, on official servers it's usually 32/32 and it plays smooth as silk - but then out of the blue it'll start being choppy for a little bit (say few minutes) and then be silky smooth again. It doesn't happen all that much though.

As far as SAS server goes that's another story. When it was early access and we usually had up to 30-ish players it was perfectly fine, but now that it's 40-50-60 most of the time its barely playable. Above 40 its starts to be annoying and above 50 it starts to be unplayably laggy.

US servers are pretty much fine for me, some delay, which is to be expected at ping 160-170, but other than that there is no rubberbanding or any other issues that ive had.

Didn't try the SG server, so can't say.

edit : btw, this is what i get for my internets : http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4270802456

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:49 pm 

Thrillseeker wrote:

As far as SAS server goes that's another story. When it was early access and we usually had up to 30-ish players it was perfectly fine, but now that it's 40-50-60 most of the time its barely playable. Above 40 its starts to be annoying and above 50 it starts to be unplayably laggy.

It's the SAS servers that I'm playing on most of the time, and as you said - it seems pretty unplayable.

I'm guessing the servers can't handle 64 people really?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:08 pm 

Today I noticed some lags, oos, rubberbanding and slow running on SASinva. But its not all the time. Usually one map is bad and next map runs fine.