It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:00 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 47 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 129

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:46 am 

Everyone on here seems to going on about how underpowered they are. Anyone else here like them?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:47 am 

Thats because they either can't use them properly or they lag too much. Barrett .50 is my personal favourite gun in game, and while it has its quirks it is incredibly satisfying to use and score absurd amounts of kills with it. All You need to do is time Your shots and pick Your targets. Lots of people don't seem to get that and all they do is just 'click-click-click-this rifle is stupid i keep missing for some reason-click-click-click'.

SRs, like shotguns, require a certain mindset when used and players just want to rush and have a gun that does everything all the time.
That's my theory anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:23 am 

Oh! This is interesting... I see TOTALLY DIFFRENT attitude on PVP server - they all are saying "Sniper Rifles are OP!" and that. I am actually surprised that there are people who claim they are underpowered... Very surprised!

Personally I do believe that there is no UP or OP sniper rifle in game - Vintorez and Barret are rare guns and do not exist in PVP so no problem with those two.

Sniper Rifles are definietly not mine cup of tea, but I do use them occasionally. I find snipers to be "glass canons" - which is perfectly fine if You ask me. Also I don't get it why people are raging about being killed by snipers. This is RWR - one mistake and You may die. Snipers are just part of hazard that we face when fighting. Also sniper rifle is just another weapon that can kill us - it has it's upper sides and down sides. I might agree that snipers should get less reward for killing.

Actually now I feel that I do must check those sniper rifles better. I think that next time I will dedicate myself to snipers to check if the feel OP or UP when using them - because when I die thanks to them it DO NOT FEEL overpowered, nor underpowered.

And I just love how snipers are counter for good entrenchments - I can not think of weapons that would do better job at this.

In the end I think that team that will cooperate better will win - regardles of snipers being OP or UP ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:05 pm 

If you're talking about green or gray sniper rifles, I find them really boring, but otherwise fine. They're good for defending, camping, and very slow attacking, but they're bad at really aggressive attacking. I agree with modest, that a lot of people think sniper is OP in PVP, but I can usually kill a pack of people with sniper rifles before going down. If you have a vest, even if they hit you, you can usually hit them multiple times before they hit you again. If anything is OP, it's the regular rifles.

SVD is different, though. It's basically a rapid fire sniper rifle. In the open, a low-ping player with good aim will usually hit someone in the first shot with it, and will also hit with the second shot immediately afterwards most of the time. In cover against someone in cover, sniper rifle already dominates, and with SVD, it also dominates in the open against someone in the open. SVD is so good that on power junction, the one map where you're really forced to attack people in cover, you can usually kill people who are behind walls without bothering to use sandbags or anything.

Also, in pure PVP/DM, sniper rifle is OP if you're on top of one of the buildings that's too tall to throw grenades up. There's basically no way anyone can kill you unless you make a bad mistake, or everyone gangs up and you, and even then you can kill a lot of them before you die once. But no one actually plays that mode, and that's more of a map design issue than anything else.

If anything is weak, it's the shotguns. They're only useful up close, but if you see that someone has a shotgun you can avoid ever being up close to them. So far, I've only seen two people use shotguns in PVPE (compared to hundreds with regular rifles and tens with sniper), and I've killed both of them 10+ times without ever dying. With shotgun you have to hope that people are paying to someone else and accidentally get close to you, or that you can sneak up on them. But if people don't notice you and you have any other weapon you'll still kill them, and with other weapons you can kill them in other circumstances.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:42 am 

I also like sniper rifles i like how it work how good is this weapons and love to shoot this in a long distance target,cause it feels me more challenge.

Last edited by Mclain on Mon May 04, 2015 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:45 pm 

I enjoy the sniper rifle now and then. Just depends on the roll I'm playing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:05 am 

Do You use a soundmod or is it just the way this vid is recorded ? Everything sounds so much more ... meaty.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:57 am 

Thrillseeker wrote:
Do You use a soundmod or is it just the way this vid is recorded ? Everything sounds so much more ... meaty.
Yeah, in this way the audio effects creates a truly realistic atmosphere, so I was thinking the same. What audio source do you use, Opt? Or/and perhaps all sounds are set to max?

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:58 pm 

DIO wrote:
Thrillseeker wrote:
Yeah, in this way the audio effects creates a truly realistic atmosphere, so I was thinking the same. What audio source do you use, Opt? Or/and perhaps all sounds are set to max?

Actually you guys are not the only ones to ask that. I guess if I listen closely it does sound a little more full. They sound pretty close to me for the most part though. But yeah I think it's just an artifact of the recording. Yet it does sound nice. I don't do anything special to it. It mostly just straight gameplay.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:26 am 

I use the snipers often... but for a different reason.

I recently discovered that driving a vehicle while wielding the sniper rifle grants its scope bonus while you drive. This means that it's much easier to spot road hazards while going full speed in a jeep.