It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:58 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 96

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:26 pm 

Or will it get wiped again on the 2nd of April?

Also, can someone explain how ranks save across game modes? I played on a friend's hosted Co op, and ranked up. Then I hosted my own Co op game and I was back to rank 1.

Bit of a noob question. If there is a wiki page that explains it, feel free to point me in that direction.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:10 pm 

Croswell wrote:
Or will it get wiped again on the 2nd of April?

Nope. No further wipes in the near future.

Croswell wrote:
Also, can someone explain how ranks save across game modes?

Ranks don't carry over unless you copy them over yourself. AFAIK the only exception to this is the official invasion servers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

DoomMetal is right.

In online, by default, all player profiles are specific to servers. It means that you need to connect to the same server with the same username in order to continue with the progress you made there last time. You can play on several servers at the same time or use several usernames and continue progressing on each one individually as profiles are stored on the server side.

Same happens with single player campaigns, each time you start one it's a fresh individual profile for you. If someone connects to your campaign, he'll get a new profile the first time he joins, which is stored on your computer. That person can later continue with his progress in your campaign, when you continue this particular campaign again and activate the server.

The one exception to this default behavior are the Official servers. These servers use a centralized profile system so when you connect to any of these using one username, you'll continue with that same player profile. Dominance and Invasion are not related, means that the profiles don't transfer over gamemodes.

Note that some servers / gamemodes may be using match profiles even, meaning everyone starts over each match. This is similar to what happens in single player quickmatches.