It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 9:13 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 54 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 92

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:22 pm 

Just starting to see more servers on the list in game, and it's hard to know what's what. And since Steam is a great launch platform, or has potential to be, I decided to throw this thread together on Steam. The Title is due to the fact that we'll most likely get some Dedicated Servers that are "official" in their own way, yet technically "unofficial" in the way that RWR it totally open to all and may become greatly player hosted.
(Also I didn't want to use the term "Official" in an overly misleading way.)

Also I wanted a place to come and check server lists easily. For now it's just a "thread", but I don't know if DocStone or someone from the SAS Clan feels like stopping by and dropping some info in to help bring a little credibility and hopefully draw in some others? We do need a place there to look for Servers with a bit of info. Even a lot of new players (through Steam) don't realize what SASInvasion, USInvasion, the New St Louise Servers Are.

If need be I can modify the Suggested Details List or something. I'd be okay with some actual Official input if need be. I really hope this helps people come together a bit. If we get some good listed servers there I know I'll be trying to drop into some once and while. (Once we grow the Online Community more; so hard to leave the bigger battles.)

HERE IS THE LINK to Steam!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:16 pm 

Cracking idea, making a post on there now ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:49 am 

Thank you, sir!

I'm under the impression you SAS guys are helping manage the New US server too? The Two Official Ones?

What should I tell people that have accidently logged into US first, so they haven't locked in their old SAS stats?
Some guys haven't been on in a while, because synch issues was their main thing.
I passed the word around to those on my list, and the detail of logging in to the SAS server first. But mistakes happen. Just wondering if it's worth suggesting asking for help here? Or if they are "shit out of luck"?

Also wouldn't hurt maybe while there's still time for jack and pasik to do a "Community Announcement" on Steam specifically about the NEW Server Set up, the Two New Servers and Really Point out the need to log into SAS the First time Back. Also what the new set up may offer in the future with other people creating hosted servers. I think there is a lot of interest in Modding, Server Hosting and options for players on Steam, but people aren't aware of what they can do.

The Need to log into SAS first was a bit easily missed in the Change log update. (lots of people don't read that far or pay attention.)

Thanks, Doc. Appreciate the Post on Steam. Hope it helps people find their server.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:17 am 
Site Admin

Opt_0 wrote:
Thank you, sir!

I'm under the impression you SAS guys are helping manage the New US server too? The Two Official Ones?

SAS servers are all marked with SAS tag in the name.

Quote:
What should I tell people that have accidently logged into US first, so they haven't locked in their old SAS stats?
Some guys haven't been on in a while, because synch issues was their main thing.
I passed the word around to those on my list, and the detail of logging in to the SAS server first. But mistakes happen. Just wondering if it's worth suggesting asking for help here? Or if they are "shit out of luck"?

Also wouldn't hurt maybe while there's still time for jack and pasik to do a "Community Announcement" on Steam specifically about the NEW Server Set up, the Two New Servers and Really Point out the need to log into SAS the First time Back. Also what the new set up may offer in the future with other people creating hosted servers. I think there is a lot of interest in Modding, Server Hosting and options for players on Steam, but people aren't aware of what they can do.

The Need to log into SAS first was a bit easily missed in the Change log update. (lots of people don't read that far or pay attention.)

There is no need to log into SAS Invasion first, it just helps to do that if you've used the password remember option.

If you select InvasionUSA first, the prefilled login creds are the default ones (Mr. Green), as you have never logged into any Official Invasion realm server as far as the game knows, and, you have also never joined InvasionUSA either. If you manually fill in your SAS Invasion account credentials, you can join any of the Official Invasion servers with your old account. You can actually leave the join menu at that point still and go back to joining SAS Invasion, and it'll still remember your old SAS Invasion account creds. After you hit Join the first time, the game will remember the used creds as your default Official Invasion creds.

Even so, you can just change the profile by entering new creds, simple as that.

If people don't remember their passwords then that's tough luck. There's still no failsafe for that, we just got the profile server up. Possibly we'll start letting people enter e-mail addresses for password reset, or somehow handle it via Steam, not sure at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:14 pm 

okay that clears some points up. thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:10 am 

I haven't played for a while and now my user/pass (halp on USA, halp I'm new on the euro server) don't work on the "official" invasion servers. I'm using the same saved passwords as always, so it's not that I changed my password or forgot it.

What happened?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:19 am 
Site Admin

halp wrote:
I haven't played for a while and now my user/pass (halp on USA, halp I'm new on the euro server) don't work on the "official" invasion servers. I'm using the same saved passwords as always, so it's not that I changed my password or forgot it.

What happened?

Both profiles are there on the profile server at least. If you're sure about the passwords, then I'm pretty confused what's going on. If you try joining with another new name, does it connect?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:15 pm 

Before I do that, how can I save my passwords? I don't actually know my passwords, and they'll get cleared if I try a different name, so I want to save them off before I wipe out my passwords forever.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

halp wrote:
Before I do that, how can I save my passwords? I don't actually know my passwords, and they'll get cleared if I try a different name, so I want to save them off before I wipe out my passwords forever.

You're on Linux, right? ~/.running_with_rifles/online_client_options.xml should be the one file.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:28 pm 

I went and looked again and my saved username for both is 'halp'. That doesn't explain why InvasionUSA doesn't work, but it at least explains why SAS doesn't work. The game bugged out and is now storing the wrong username and password for the SAS invasion. From reading the other comments in this thread it seems like that's a design bug and it was on purpose?