It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 3:07 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 58 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 165

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:40 am 

Regarding the reset, in my honest opinion I have to disagree with total wipe of xp/rp/stash. I concern about our current player base which is still relatively small, especially Asia and Oceanic region as there are hardly any regulars (currently about 3-4 players). This reset will drive away our veteran/regular players in all of the official servers.

Personally, I myself feel disheartened and discouraged to continue with the reset news heard after spending about 100 hours during my free time after work only to find out all of that would be in vain. I respect the decision of few hardcore veterans who wouldnt mind the reset but I believe there are many outside the forum whom concerned about this.

Alternatively, what if the reset is not total wipe of our XP/RP/Stash? For example, the reset could be only for RP and Stash inventory so people's progression are kept intact?

tldr; I disagree with the reset and some other measure should be looked into.

-a concerned friend

PS: To increase the longevity of the game and retaining more regulars, server-client file transfer should be introduced for mods and addon, eg. counterstrike zombiemod

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:07 am 
Site Admin

Tofuman89 wrote:
Alternatively, what if the reset is not total wipe of our XP/RP/Stash? For example, the reset could be only for RP and Stash inventory so people's progression are kept intact?

That's a good suggestion and a perfectly valid alternative, I personally don't see why it couldn't be done this way. Of course, if stats are cleared, your XP vs stats will look odd, hacked to some, but that would be a minor issue. Also it's possible to keep the stats too.

As one with no strong opinion about the profile reset whether it's needed or not, last thing I'd want to happen is alienate vets, and I share the concern that it's possible that will happen to some extent if total profile reset is done.

Mostly the issue is in RP and Stash area, like said. People have used item duplication exploits or have been saving RP worth a fortune, and these guys could make Invasion advance by just using 8x artillery strikes for as long as they wanted. In time the same situation will be reached again I'm sure, but it is clearly for the best to avoid it at 1.0 launch time.

XP on the other hand, once you get out the 10k zone, is mostly a cosmetic proof that you've played a lot, so I'm not entirely sure if it makes sense to wipe it. Invasion is not a competition anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:22 pm 

Personally, i agree with the reset. Most if not all of the reason have been stated already and i wasn't going to just say the same things again but one thing You said surprised me. I don't think You'll alienate vets, vast majority of vets with lots of xp/rares/rp tucked away agree that this is the sensible way to go. Level the field for when new people come after the release, so they don't have this huge mountain to climb. Most people who dislike the reset, it seems, only just got out of the low ranks and they have precious few rares - and i see how they'd want to keep them.

Is it possible to only reset guys with xp/rp above certain level ? So players who have enormous amounts get reset but people who just put 2-3-5 days in and are below and around 10 000 xp can keep their stuff ?

In the end, early access is just like a beta, and all betas i've played end up in a reset. That's just part of the course. It would be unfair to new players who are wary of early access.

That's my thoughts anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:41 pm 

pasik wrote:
That's a good suggestion and a perfectly valid alternative, I personally don't see why it couldn't be done this way. Of course, if stats are cleared, your XP vs stats will look odd, hacked to some, but that would be a minor issue. Also it's possible to keep the stats too.

As one with no strong opinion about the profile reset whether it's needed or not, last thing I'd want to happen is alienate vets, and I share the concern that it's possible that will happen to some extent if total profile reset is done.

Mostly the issue is in RP and Stash area, like said. People have used item duplication exploits or have been saving RP worth a fortune, and these guys could make Invasion advance by just using 8x artillery strikes for as long as they wanted. In time the same situation will be reached again I'm sure, but it is clearly for the best to avoid it at 1.0 launch time.

XP on the other hand, once you get out the 10k zone, is mostly a cosmetic proof that you've played a lot, so I'm not entirely sure if it makes sense to wipe it. Invasion is not a competition anyway.

Thank you for sharing your concern with me. Besides cosmetic proof, I believe high rank players hold some sort of control against lower rank player beyond 10k cap. As far as I can remember, the higher rank officer is able to "hijack" vehicle or stationaries from the lower ranking players. Somehow, one could say that this is unofficial "competition" among players.

Anyway, regarding the issue with 8x artillery strikes spam by rich-rp vets, maybe you could introduce RP limit cap? This way, vets wont hoard all RP materials on the ground and will use their rp conservatively instead of spamming. Let's say the higher rank you are, the bigger the RP pool limit is?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:15 pm 

Thrillseeker wrote:
Is it possible to only reset guys with xp/rp above certain level ? So players who have enormous amounts get reset but people who just put 2-3-5 days in and are below and around 10 000 xp can keep their stuff ?

Tofuman89 wrote:
....regarding the issue with 8x artillery strikes spam by rich-rp vets, maybe you could introduce RP limit cap? This way, vets wont hoard all RP materials on the ground and will use their rp conservatively instead of spamming. Let's say the higher rank you are, the bigger the RP pool limit is?
For God's sake, please no more RP limits(or similar proposals, like ammo limitation :shock: ). Why the heck, people should be restricted? Because someone is smarter, faster, more experienced, because of the time spent by someone playing, which is more than yours or because someone is more observant than you, why........ :?
Also these two phrase: "you could introduce RP limit cap"(meaning to prevent rich-rp vets of "spamming"(whatever that means)) vs the : "higher ranks=bigger RP pool limit" are mutually exclusive. ;)

A tough decision, indeed, but it's not so big deal, life's goes on.... Just a equal start for everyone. Wipe everything and start from the scratch by showing how good you are.
Speaking about the discouragement and other similar feelings probably I'm the guy who should regret the most, according to my current statistic, rank and the amounts of XP/RP(losing millions of them, gained over 2000 hours gaming in SAS servers).

This is a Open World game(so open minds are also welcome) after all! Have a nice reset, though. ;)

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:43 pm 

Agree with DIO.
Why to punish players who spent more time with this game than others?
And no any RP caps. Blame yourself if you dont collect loot or be in cap zone at right time.

I hope scoring XP/RP stays like now, but everyone starts from zero.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:34 am 

Good argument there DiO, I missed that point of view. Artillery spam issue in the future could be dealt by other measure like recharge time rate or something.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:54 am 

I agree with DiO. I'm nowhere near his level, but that's only because he chose to invest much more time and effort into this game. People who do that should reap the benefits.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:13 am 

What is arty spam issue? Never seen.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:18 pm 

Quote from another similar topic in the steam community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/270150/di ... 264858434/

JackMayol wrote:
Grizzledorf wrote:
IMO i dont see how anyone entering a early access game that has some sort of experience system could be shocked to find out there will be a reset near release time.

in my experience the only time i seen a game not reset upon release are F2P cash shop games that had active cash shop during beta.
Hmm actually a good idea, we could reset the profiles and those who pay 5 bucks would have their old profiles back :D
Could I pay with RP? :mrgreen: :P ......... or failing, at least with bitcoins? :roll:

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next