It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:28 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 86 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 362

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:48 pm 

I've done a few missions and went up to fridge valley, and suddenly I find that there are no troops besides 1-3 in my squad that are anywhere near the objective. Are they spawning really far back? Do I need to do something to help them along? I've been stuck trying to assault the last base for 4 hours now, and have been pushed back twice, only to hit the same mass of a dozen plus enemies with two or three greens.

Loved the game up to this point, but so incredibly frustrated at this moment that I could put a shoe through my monitor right now. My settings are on default hard. Challenging was fun, but this is impossible.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

Put the savegame available somewhere, you can find it at %appdata%\Running with rifles\savegames\, or send the files in a zip to me at pasi.kainiemi@modulaatio.com. Bugs can always happen.

In my campaign session Fridge Valley was one of the easier ones, we seemed to have lots of force for the final base fight too. We anyway hit a dead end at the front entrance, but sneaking in there from the side and destroying their radio tower helped a lot as it opened the radio calls for us near the base. AI and me spammed mortars and artillery at the entrance and then just flooded the place.

..was the base in west where it happened.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:01 pm 

East actually. I have tried to destroy the tower, but get overwhelmed more often than not. Had to 30% before being pushed all the way back to north trenches (where my troops became and army again). We did have enough troops once to start the countdown (very first push in, from southern trenches), but after that, I'd be lucky to have anything more than 5. Save files will be e-mailed. I'll log back in and give it another go at some point, will post any relevant updates or tactics solving the issue.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

Did you play the 4 hour session all the way through without loading in between at any point? I'm still not sure if it can change things dramatically if you quit and load the game, at least I felt the troop count was fine in your savegame. It took me around 35 minutes to complete the map from where you were.

Your general faction capacity is already taking some penalty for completing the game as far as you've done, it is to make it a bit harder while your own squad grows in size and you have more power through calls, rare weapons, vehicles.

-----------------------------------
Ok, here's my take on the battle, with big ass pictures.

First thing I noticed you had no RP. Not sure if you're familiar with the concept but RP gets you radio calls among other things.

The enemy managed to capture North Trench in my game for a minute, seemed like some enemy wanderer troops as they bypassed the South Trench which we still held. We got North back, then started attacking East Camp.

As the area is very open, my strategy was to place sandbag barriers for cover here and there, I found some of those valuable items which I went to drop by the armory to get some RP for the cover resources.

Attachment:
screenshot15.png
screenshot15.png [ 744.81 KiB | Viewed 11295 times ]

The lucky break happened when the enemy dropped a Lona Misa, but kept guarding it (ok they don't really do that, but happened to stay on it anyway).
Attachment:
screenshot17.png
screenshot17.png [ 544.76 KiB | Viewed 11295 times ]

I carefully pushed forwards a little, got the painting, and fled the place to drop the painting at the armory.
Attachment:
screenshot18.png
screenshot18.png [ 625.62 KiB | Viewed 11295 times ]

Got 500 RP and made plenty of calls available.
Attachment:
screenshot20.png
screenshot20.png [ 956.89 KiB | Viewed 11295 times ]

I kept pushing at East Camp, using an 8-man paratrooper drop, and the tank had also arrived to the spot. You can see the exact positions of friendly troops rather then just numbers and whether they are offensive or defensive (darker green) in debugmode, it'll probably end up in the actual game once it's made to look right.
Attachment:
screenshot22.png
screenshot22.png [ 729.5 KiB | Viewed 11295 times ]

We captured East Camp after a while and started storming East Base. Attackers kept flowing from all our bases in random pace, the tank especially seemed to take quite long to travel from the other side of the map, but it got to the attack area anyway, several times even.
Attachment:
screenshot27.png
screenshot27.png [ 556.41 KiB | Viewed 11295 times ]

Attachment:
screenshot32.png
screenshot32.png [ 607.81 KiB | Viewed 11295 times ]

We almost had it entering from front, but not quite. Eventually I ran back to the armory to pick up an MP5SD and a few C4, entered the base from back while AI created a suitable distraction at the front entrance, luring most of the tower defenders away from the tower.
Attachment:
screenshot39.png
screenshot39.png [ 929.21 KiB | Viewed 11295 times ]

Easy victory from that point on, had the RP for a few 8-man drops, one would've been enough actually.
Attachment:
screenshot42.png
screenshot42.png [ 911.57 KiB | Viewed 11295 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

WinstonMcCrutchley wrote:
Are they spawning really far back?

As for the actual topic, the bots spawn randomly in any of the available spawn points, so yes, some of them spawn at West Base too. If nothing else, it's good for bringing respawned vehicles back to the battle area.