It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:01 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 97 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 409

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:49 pm 

Why are the badges no longer displayed when you achieve one? I have to say that I really liked it. Or is this just a bug?! Hm, anyway, when I'm just talking about badges, maybe there could be one for roadkills, too :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

Tummerhore wrote:
Why are the badges no longer displayed when you achieve one? I have to say that I really liked it. Or is this just a bug?! Hm, anyway, when I'm just talking about badges, maybe there could be one for roadkills, too :)

At least they haven't been intentionally removed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

Indeed, they're not showing up. Must've been something that happened after the big UI optimization stuff in 0.92?

Good find! Seems I at least had learned to filter them out completely, never felt something was missing. Fixing it for 0.94.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:44 pm 

What? That was a bug? And here I was absolutly sure that they were removed because You had some important plan to be done about them, and were going to reintroduce them later on, afther fufiling that mysterious plan... ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

Modest wrote:
What? That was a bug? And here I was absolutly sure that they were removed because You had some important plan to be done about them, and were going to reintroduce them later on, afther fufiling that mysterious plan... ;)

There will be some changes/extensions in how badges are in a few versions, I'm generally not comfortable with the theme in them currently.

Would feel better about them if they were more like medals/ribbons, they'd have proper names. In some sense I'd like some levels or titles to exist (as well?), like Expert/Master Tank Hunter and Saboteur and Scout, that sort of thing.

Haven't really thought it through yet if titles/badges are in fact exactly same thing or not.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:56 pm 

Warhawk had a pretty nice medal/badge/ribbon/rank system.

http://www.warhawkstats.com/medals/

It was all visualized and felt really satisfying to get them. It also tracked all kinds of crazy stats and actually represented them graphically with line/bar/pie graphs. Really crazy. Wouldn't expect that level of detail but it might be something to look at for inspiration.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

General Chaos wrote:
Warhawk had a pretty nice medal/badge/ribbon/rank system.

http://www.warhawkstats.com/medals/

It was all visualized and felt really satisfying to get them. It also tracked all kinds of crazy stats and actually represented them graphically with line/bar/pie graphs. Really crazy. Wouldn't expect that level of detail but it might be something to look at for inspiration.

That's certainly in the right zone.

Mostly the system needs some distinguishment between which awards are accumulated and which awards are leveled so that they replace the previous award.