It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:57 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 67 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 272

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:28 am 

The factions in RWR are currently known as Green, Grey and Brown. I've been told by the Great JackMayol that this will change and they will get more appropriate names for the final version of the game!

What names would be more appropriate? Who are these factions and why do they fight? Feel free to submit and discuss your ideas while following these simple rules:

- The faction's colour should not be in their name.
    - Fun is more important than realism.
    - Try not to neglect the possibility of a special 4th faction. :o

~ * ~ * G R E Y * ~ * ~ * P R I D E * ~ * ~

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:30 am 

Awesome Green Army
Crappy Grey Asshats
Royal Poop Brigade

ComJak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:45 pm 

How about a simple
-for greens: Royals (as in UK?)
-for Greys: Imperials
-for Browns: Revolutionaries

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:38 pm 

firearrows wrote:
How about a simple
-for greens: Royals (as in UK?)
-for Greys: Imperials
-for Browns: Revolutionaries

not too bad. More suggestions guys! :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

Estonia
Switzerland
Panama

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:04 pm 

First of - in my ideas I followed one more rule - all this DO NOT happens on Earth. So places, nation names and so are imaginary. Do not look for them on map as You will only waste Your time :D

Green - Oceanic Federation

Oceanic Federation originated from many smaller countries which decided to form Coastal Union - they all laid on same coast over ocean. Their names and nationalities eventually dissapeard, and can be now found only in a pages of history books. Original aim of Coastal Union was to form a stronger and more influential political body and to prevent any future wars in a region. While first aim was easily obtained by simply uniting, secondary proved to be much more difficult to acomplish. Eventualy it was decided that all nations must give up they nationality. While many were not happy aobut that, they were in minority and as time passed eventually followed it. As time passed more and more countries became members of Coastal Union, and because most of these new countries were on coast of another continent, they decided to change name from Coastal Union into Oceanic Federation. With number of Federation members it's power end infulence begun to rise very quickly, but so did it's greed. The very first sign of trouble had place when country named Nimvaria refused to join Oceanic Federation. While officialy Federation honored Nimvarian decision (which was expressed in national voting with 83% of population being agains) they also imposed economical sanctions, hoping that in few years Nimvaria will change it's mind. Afther two years of economical colapse and political unstability, civil war broke out in Nimvaria. This fact was used by Oceanic Federation to move it's armies in, and provide "Peace and Security". Nimvaria was first country annexed against it's will into Federation. Simmilar scenario happened two more times with Bresaland and Franticton. In responce many other, still independent countries in region formed military alliance called "National Independence Front" with single aim - to protect their independence. This new alliance had potent military power, and even Federation had to take it into account. Three years later Nimvarian Citizens refused to give up their nationality and started national uprising. In matter of days Bresaland and Franticton also followed. Two weeks later "National Independence Front" declared that it recognise Nimvaria, Bresaland and Franticton ans independent nations ant it's ally. That declarations followed quickly by another declaration - declaration of war against Oceanic Federation. But that was not the only problem Federation had to face - it was reported that troops of "Southern Block" pass Oceanic Federation and National Independecne Front borders in many places. No declaration of war... No warning at all...

Grey - National Independence Front

Longer description of this faction, and it's point of view only if You will want it. Just express Your opinion ;)

Brown - Southern Block

Longer description of this faction, and it's point of view only if You will want it. Just express Your opinion ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:50 pm 

The Confederate League of Federations
Biermann Monarchie / Kingdom of Bierland
Sobeit Opportunionists

~ * ~ * G R E Y * ~ * ~ * P R I D E * ~ * ~

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:49 pm 
Site Admin

harrified wrote:
The Confederate League of Federations

Haha, liking this one actually. :lol:

How about randomized faction names? A few general rules, "The X1 Y1 of Z1", "X2 Y2", etc, and sets of words that match the rules and words are picked randomly. I remember lolling at a Finnish language tabloid-style headline generator too much at some point, too bad it doesn't exist anymore.

Just a brainstorm idea, obviously I haven't made up my mind about anything and I'm mostly open to any ideas for the faction names, don't feel required to align further ideas based on what I'm saying here.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

Getting some form of spinoff from that one whateversite thread where people were coming up with similar names to "Running with Rifles", R with R, going through all alphabets. It had some funny aspect simply because it was repeated and.. forced.

In this sense, there might be something to dig up there for faction names.

Not having anything else to build on, let's just say for sake of an example picked up from list of words starting with an alphabet:

Alliance of Abanga
Order of O'Hara
Rifadin Republic

:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:22 pm 

I'd say a randomly generated faction name for each match would work far better, and could lead to some great absurdity. You could generate them from a combination of the last names, and a bunch of "Nation-sounding" titles and such, like "The Republic of X." For added fun, they could be put into the filters more than once, so that you get fun little absurdities like "The People's Democratic Monarchy of Y." I think that'd fit into the sort of theme of the game nicely.