It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:05 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 95 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 401

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:40 am 

What's the difference between Destroyer, Default and whatever the others are called? I've only been able to determine that Stealth means your squad will not accept any soldiers with non-silenced weapons.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:25 am 

go to media\packages\vanilla\factions and you'll have the different squad setups. You can edit them and change them as you want, or even add new ones.
Once you edit them it will me self-explanatory what which squad config means.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:54 am 

MFW I'm told to dig into the game's code for basic gameplay mechanics.

In all seriousness, I may hope this will be included in some sort of official guide/tutorial at some point in the future, right?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

Visionhunter wrote:
MFW I'm told to dig into the game's code for basic gameplay mechanics.

In all seriousness, I may hope this will be included in some sort of official guide/tutorial at some point in the future, right?

It's not really a basic gameplay mechanic, it's just there for experimentation.

Currently it would seem that it will be removed for 1.0, with the exception that default config will stay there as the medic priority is important.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:45 am 

I wanted to find out what is the best way top setup a stealth singleplayer game? I've been setting up a Quick Match with low soldier counts, around 20-30 to keep it small, but it always feels like it falls back into a major shootout since most of the guys go running into the next objective, so I can't really sneak around very well. I feel like I need to go help out winning the objective area or I'll lose if my base gets taken over.
Am I doing something wrong and is there a better way to do stealth based play?

New to the game, but having a blast.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:11 am 

hi reba and welcome to the community :)
You can't set up a "stealth game". You can go stealth yourself by attacking bases that arent under attack by your team, else the enemy will be alerted anyway.
Also the AI doesn't go on stealth either, so if you want to try some sneaky actions, you have to do it on your own and without any AI mates (you can press PageDown to get rid of squad members).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:58 am 
Site Admin

rebamarvin wrote:
I feel like I need to go help out winning the objective area or I'll lose if my base gets taken over.

Hmm I wonder what's going on here, I very seldom feel this way myself. I'm usually playing campaign these days though, so my current impression with quick match flow might not be the most accurate out there.

Most of the time I can leave our base closest to enemy just fine for the others to handle, as long as I don't take all the defenders with me in my squad (use squad size keys for that) and see that it's well occupied. It's possible they lose the base, but similarly it's possible they take it back soon after that.

Anyhow, the safest point to leave the main base would be when you only have one (the enemy only defends) or when you have about the same amount of bases the enemies have. I never personally keep track of that, I just go stealth when I feel like it or are given an obvious opportunity (isolated corner enemy base where the main attack is not targeting), but technically some times are safer than others.

Succeeding in a backdoor base capture by stealth can lead to THAT base getting overrun by the enemy quickly unless you can set up strong enough defense quickly, e.g. like calling in some reinforcements with calls. This is what happens to me most of the time if I pick a base that is too close to another enemy base.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:07 am 
Site Admin

Regarding setting up stealth focused game mode, it should be basically possible through mods or server settings.

E.g. enemy controls all areas except one starting point, they defend only, they have respawning switched off (so that player eventually wins), they have comms switched off (so that they won't balance the forces left alive among the bases, but just stay defending the bases where they are), they have a fairly low soldier count; the player faction perhaps has just a handful of soldiers enough to fill player's squad or maybe it's the player alone vs world, or maybe the bots defend only = works as player squad reserve. Base capturing could be on, so by capturing the bases you could have kind of checkpoints.

That's just an example, the settings are all there, just not in the menu.