It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:41 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 50 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 28

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:21 am 

I'm playing the 3rd map of campaign, it a bit strange...enemies won't attack our last base, our soldiers won't fight back neither, only small fight happens here and there.
From the screenshot of map you can see, it's rather peaceful here...I want to take down the West suburb, but I can't do that alone. I've played 3 hours on this map, spent all my RP, as you can see, I can't capture any of those section on my own.

It seems there's no option to 'restart current map', should I give up and start a new game..from 0 XP?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:50 am 
Site Admin

It isn't specifically intended to happen, but I do see a few reason why it does.

The campaign at its current state works so that the starting situation has your faction with additional amount of soldiers on top of your capacity to help the first strike. Now it's completely possible that the first strike fails, you tend to lose most of extra soldiers and you're down to your capacity from one base then.

Also, this map has a comms truck with Greens, so some of your capacity ends up allocated for protecting the vehicle, also plenty of your soldiers get allocated defending the only base, a few to protect borders, and finally rest for attack. The map has total amount of soldiers so low that it can easily go there that your attack forces end up starved.

The reason the enemy isn't attacking is that you indeed only have one base. In campaign they allow you a chance to advance this way, otherwise we'd all start the maps 10 times before getting to the second base.

In 0.92, you'd restart the map by adding your profile name as an admin in rwr_installation_folder\media\packages\vanilla\scripts\admin_settings.php, then load your campaign, and enter a chat message "/1_win". This will make the enemy win and the map will restart. If you need to skip the map, enter "/0_win".

Another way around it could be to boost your RP a bit and call loads of paratroopers for the attack, you can easily hack your savegame for this. You can find your savegame in C:\Users\your_windows_username\AppData\Roaming\Running with rifles\savegames\your_campaign_save_game\the_one_file_with_person_extension.person, open it up and add some RP.

It has been planned that you'd be able to move between maps more openly, so that would in a way allow you to restart the map, or go to another map if there's multiple choices where to attack to.

Another way to resolve the issue could be to have the capacity up for Greens constantly until the second base is captured, without using initial extra capacity which isn't able to respawn.

Yet another way would be to make the enemy attack after some time in one base situation, finally crushing Greens to get back to restarting the map.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:14 pm 

Thank you very much pasik (hey your name is in admin group by default! I don't know who you are but you must be awesome) for your helpful and fast reply!
I'll try the 1_win command, since I don't want to skip any map :)

If the game have a 'surrender' option it will be a useful quick fix. By the way I'd like to have a quest log, the only way to read quest description now is to quit then reenter the game to read (and be fast) the message on the top left

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:33 pm 

Mr. Beard wrote:
Thank you very much pasik (hey your name is in admin group by default! I don't know who you are but you must be awesome) for your helpful and fast reply!
I'll try the 1_win command, since I don't want to skip any map :)

If the game have a 'surrender' option it will be a useful quick fix. By the way I'd like to have a quest log, the only way to read quest description now is to quit then reenter the game to read (and be fast) the message on the top left

btw if you didnt know pasik is the developer of the game

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

Mr. Beard wrote:
By the way I'd like to have a quest log, the only way to read quest description now is to quit then reenter the game to read (and be fast) the message on the top left

There is this one undocumented way, mostly meant for debugging at this stage, but you should be able to get on going objective statuses to show up by saying "/help".