It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 39 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 56

All times are UTC

Post subject: Amazing game...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:04 am 

I just wanted to say that after playing the demo for only 20 minutes or so I purchased the game. I think this game has so much potential and I really hope it gets the attention of more players soon. I've noticed a lack of players online at most times but the AI is decent enough. It almost reminds me of the old Star Wars: Battlefront days where the players were almost like the 'heroes' of the battlefield. The same weapons and abilities as the AI, but obviously with a slightly larger brain :p

Just one question though, is there a page anywhere listing upcoming or planned features? I'd love to see tanks buildable assets such as Forward outposts, towers, mortars etc.

Thanks for making this masterpiece of a game and I'll see you all out there on the battlefield!

EDIT: One more question, are there plans for mumble support? Or is mumble already usable for the game? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Amazing game...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:30 am 

Hi Rewinged and welcome! :)

Well the last couple of days there has been people on the server the whole day (european time, not sure about late night as I am usually sleeping). At the moment the servers are indeed empty. There is a tiny desktop RWR server watching tool that has an eye on the server crowd and informs you when a given amount of players has been reached. See here
On our facebook page we sometimes spoil stuff that are coming on the next release, like for the next version for example.

As a fast résumé you'll have more vehicles, more maps, more weapons, more grenade types, a looting system, more radio calls (the actual mortar strike is one of them), fancy stuff like riot shields, mines, body vests, reviving-kits, mini-boss, etc...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:59 am 

{SAS}Beerdrinkers currently has 4 on, and is now usually populated most of the day. It even reached 24 players on Saturday morning which is a bit mental, lol, and not bad for a non-planned event. I have noticed the servers have been more populated the last wee while, and long may it continue!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:18 pm 

{SAS}DocStone wrote:
{SAS}Beerdrinkers currently has 4 on, and is now usually populated most of the day. It even reached 24 players on Saturday morning which is a bit mental, lol, and not bad for a non-planned event. I have noticed the servers have been more populated the last wee while, and long may it continue!

They were 26 ;)
Could have been even more if you've had managed to fire up another map hehe. And the event was planned. It was a swiss LAN party but they wanted to play on an existing server.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:32 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
{SAS}DocStone wrote:

They were 26 ;)
Could have been even more if you've had managed to fire up another map hehe. And the event was planned. It was a swiss LAN party but they wanted to play on an existing server.

Ah, lol, couldn't believe the numbers to be honest, I was like "wtf?" then I broke it :D Hmm, seems the beerdrinkers has died again, will go restart :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:51 pm 

I'm going to have to question your statement "...abilities as the AI, but obviously with a slightly larger brain..."

Not so sure about the last one :)

ComJAk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:17 pm 

Haha well I must admit, the AI seem to best me more often than I'm used to :p
Thanks for the replies guys, I guess my time-zone and the times I'm actually able to play are why I'm only seeing low populations. But either way, the game is catered for any amount of players so it's still great fun. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:55 am 

Rewinged wrote:
I just wanted to say that after playing the demo for only 20 minutes or so I purchased the game. I think this game has so much potential and I really hope it gets the attention of more players soon. I've noticed a lack of players online at most times but the AI is decent enough. It almost reminds me of the old Star Wars: Battlefront days where the players were almost like the 'heroes' of the battlefield. The same weapons and abilities as the AI, but obviously with a slightly larger brain :p

Just one question though, is there a page anywhere listing upcoming or planned features? I'd love to see tanks buildable assets such as Forward outposts, towers, mortars etc.

Thanks for making this masterpiece of a game and I'll see you all out there on the battlefield!

EDIT: One more question, are there plans for mumble support? Or is mumble already usable for the game? Thanks!

Hello fellow Project Reality player hahaha.

Yeah I like most of those suggestions, but Ive been whining about having VOIP integrated in some way for a while. Its a small dev team so priorities have to be taken.

Mumble works well though for sure, its my favourite way to VOIP in-game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:18 am 

This game seems to get a lot of people into it pretty fast. I was just responding to some one last night telling of the same type of introduction into the RWR community and game, myself doing just about the same. With no prior intention of ever purchasing a beta game. But not a moment playing have I ever regretted it! Best 8$ ever! And I hope to donate in the future even if in small poor-man sums.Thanks for the DEMO guys, it's a rare thing to get such functional alpha/beta demo, let alone a purchased one.

There are people online, don't worry. Community is just small right now, but I'm sure we're all using "word of mouth" to get it out there. But it is clearly growing. It is nice to jump in and see that it's often a few people all working together to break out of a stalemate or try a flanking stealth mission. And each conversation relating to future plans makes it clear the developers have a very serious 'to do" list for themselves. So it is kind of hard at the moment to make any deep whole-heart suggestions as it's hard to know all the things that will and are hoped will show up. It's easier to suggest tweaks to things then to suggest a completely new element. However, every forum post that breaks into conversation over future plans makes it very clear it is and will be a good game with a lot of attention and effort to detail and balance.

Also I wanted to say ever since the SW Battlefront days I have been searching for the similar feel of big warfare without being the single hero that conquers all. I have wanted to just battle and not simply fight 7-11 other people like most "war games". Nice to know there are others out there missing that feel. And extra nice to know that such a great little game provides that feeling even more!