It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:19 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 53 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 191

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:21 am 

so i have bought the game on the 8th and have been playing it a lot since then and i have around 9 hours on the game. i am enjoying the game a lot and i would have to give it a 9/10 but i have noticed that some buildings in the game are lacking back-lines and sometimes the buildings are important. like in Sainte-Anne there are some houses in the town that have no back-lines and there are other buildings in the other maps too that are lacking back-lines. it gets annoying when you cant tell where a wall is and you get shot by the enemy not knowing that you where exposed.

will every building in the game eventually have back-lines? because the lack of back-lines at the old fort and bridge in Sainte-Anne are also annoying and vital to game-play.

there is also one other problem i want to note

a lot of the terrain textures are identical to some of the indicator icons. there are some roof textures that look exactly like the "shadow" when the grey team go behind buildings (basically making them near invisible) and the snow in frostbite and some cement textures completely hide the squad-member circles. i can think of a solution to this and that is have some kind of negative color type thing like the cross-hair in mine craft where the white cross hair passes the sky and it turns black. but this is not that much of a problem and i can get used to it but it would be nice if it was fixed

sorry if this is in the wrong section its just that this seems to not fit in the support section or the suggestion section since its not really a suggestion.

sorry to be "mr. made a account to point out problems" (i bet that name will catch on soon *sarcasm*) but i feel these problems really need to be pointed out.

Edit: how do i access my screenshots because i just took plenty of screenshots showing the problems i mentioned above. if it helps i bought and downloaded the game through Desura.

Last edited by enterusernamehere on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:45 am 

yeah, the building lines could use some work for sure, especially in the case of ladders on the back-side. most of the time you end up guessing where it meets the ground based on the rungs sticking out at the top of the roof, and those precious seconds finding where the bottom is could cost you your life, which is a real kick in the dick if you just hoofed it across the map in stealth for three minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:02 am 

Buildings are generated according to the rectangle objects positioned on the inkscape map. Those are pretty simple "cubes" and can be stretched to change their size.
However, some "custom" buildings like in Sainte-Anne are static meshes (the buildings in the village) where it's not possible to render the backlines. I discussed this with pasik 2 days ago and we'll see if something can be done about this. It would most likely be shading the outlines of the building collision boxes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:03 am 
Site Admin

The issues pointed out here and more (
* backlines with single piece buildings, walls and platforms
* ladder indicators
* soldier rendering when behind obstacles
* vehicles and crates not seen at all behind obstacles
* indicators for whether you can climb over a particular wall or not
* player marker color handling
* which seat in a vehicle is free to enter
* map view that can be understood
* locating yourself in the map view
* comparing weapons
* the obstructed aiming line
* visualizing AI driver planned route in map
* using color indicators in chat to show the faction
* cursors and selectors when choosing a spawn point in the map
* inventory ui improvements, show where the drop can happen, capacity and cost status and changes
* scoreboard and chatlog to be stylized
* and so on)
are known to us. Why they aren't being fixed is that they fall into category of usability issues, which I'm mentally preparing to focus fixing starting in 0.90. Rest assured, they will be fixed, I hate them as much everyone else does :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:44 pm 

thanks for the quick reply! its great to know that these issues will be getting fixed soon. also i'm just wondering if this will be implemented, indicators showing if you are in cover. sometimes i'm in the heat of battle and there is barely any cover to hide behind and i spot a rock, thinking it will make perfect cover i run over to it and crouch behind it and little do i know but i must look like a complete fool to the enemy because my head and body is clearly exposed because as it turns out, the height of the rock is up to my knees.

also it seems multiplayer just hates me, i'm getting a ping of 70 (which isn't that bad) yet its still getting me to stop every 4 seconds to re-syinc to the server.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:56 pm 

enterusernamehere wrote:
thanks for the quick reply! its great to know that these issues will be getting fixed soon. also i'm just wondering if this will be implemented, indicators showing if you are in cover. sometimes i'm in the heat of battle and there is barely any cover to hide behind and i spot a rock, thinking it will make perfect cover i run over to it and crouch behind it and little do i know but i must look like a complete fool to the enemy because my head and body is clearly exposed because as it turns out, the height of the rock is up to my knees.

No, there will be no indicator, this is not a console game ;)
You will get used to it, it's a matter of experience and feeling. You have 4 sets of rock heights, only the 2 bigger sets give you complete cover when crouched.

enterusernamehere wrote:
also it seems multiplayer just hates me, i'm getting a ping of 70 (which isn't that bad) yet its still getting me to stop every 4 seconds to re-syinc to the server.

if your ping is constant you should have a smooth experience, even with a ping of 100+ ms. Though if you have spikes in your ping you might get out of synced as RWR reacts very allergic to those. I already managed to play 90 min straight with max 2 out of syncs on a US server where I have usually a ping of around 110ms average.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:20 am 

Screen shots answer is here,
http://www.modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1073