It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 39 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 27

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:34 pm 

new version 1.5 available!

Changelog:

v1.5

improvements/new features:

- added display of playernames
- new alert sound

bugfix:
- fixed bug causing RWRW to hang after network disconnect
- fixed minor bug occuring under windows7 64bit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:34 am 

This is a fanstastic little tools for this game. Is it possible to have the countries of orgin for each server posted as well, eventually?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:38 am 

Opt_0 wrote:
This is a fanstastic little tools for this game. Is it possible to have the countries of orgin for each server posted as well, eventually?

it could but I am not sure if this is necessary as the ping should be enough. The Tool might show some information in the future, so we'd like to keep it clean.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:12 pm 

new version 1.6 available!

Changelog:

v1.6

improvements/new features:

- added a new config option to sort the list in a specific order
- servers older than the latest available game version that register in the serverlist
will be skipped in the max players counting so that you won't be alerted if those reach
the targeted player amount.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:12 pm 

What does "--" for ping mean?

Also, it would be cool if different pings had different colors. Like, high ping (> 100) would be red, low (< 50) would be green, etc. It would probably help out people who don't understand what ping means.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:33 pm 

Papa wrote:
What does "--" for ping mean?

Also, it would be cool if different pings had different colors. Like, high ping (> 100) would be red, low (< 50) would be green, etc. It would probably help out people who don't understand what ping means.

A server can't always be pingged, the request can be blocked by the router/firewall, that's why the "--".
Colors aren't possible, for that we'd need to use another method than this context menu which can only be 1 color font. I was already thinking about it but that would be quite some work so that will probably not happen.
Hmm I honestly doubt that there are much people out there who don't know what a "ping" is. Anyway, most servers are US and Europe, so if you are from North America or Europe at least you can usually play quite fine on most servers if you have a steady ping.
A Ping of up to 150-200 should be fine.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:08 pm 

When is this thing coming to Linux? :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:15 pm 

Luck of Duck wrote:
When is this thing coming to Linux? :D

haha probably never unless someone wants to make something similar for linux? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

What if it was made in web? That at least would make it cross platform. Would people keep a tab open for it :lol: ? I guess not, so it probably wouldn't solve much anything.

Javascript can for sure track for any set limits and make e.g. the window blink to gain attention from user, or make it produce beeps for alert, so largely it should be possible.

Anyway, unless you can ping with javascript, you'd at least lose the lag estimation in the serverlist with this.

It's a bit odd situation in general actually. Is there a good way to notify people about something they want to be notified about, so that it's timely? Something that isn't obtrusive to register for as a user, doesn't need significant system resources to track something, no application installation, no copying files to suspicious locations around your disk drive..

We could of course hook up an automated message in twitter that there are more than 5 players on a server, or mass spam an automated e-mail when that happens to all registrants (not obtrusive at all :lol: ), make RWR_Bot keep hyping about it in IRC, have a skype group where to announce it.. and bind RWRWatcher-like functionality running in single machine with single settings from where to trigger an alert/announcement. Instant Messaging would seem like right realm for this stuff, but there's just an insane amount of services and people are spread around.

Right, push notification system, that's the scenario I'm describing of course.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:06 pm 

JackMyaol wrote:
haha probably never unless someone wants to make something similar for linux? ;)

Wait I'll get mi FORTRAN 66 manual out of the library and get crackking. Or maybe I should use something more contemporary, like brainfuck? :D

On more serious note, is RWR watcher open source or a what-ever-it-might-be? The readme did not state, and its not distributed with any mentions. I'm not saying I would or could do anything about it, but someone else who actually understans something about programming might..

pasik wrote:
What if it was made in web? That at least would make it cross platform. Would people keep a tab open for it :lol: ? I guess not, so it probably wouldn't solve much anything.

Phone app + web service? Like twitter - the user just cant write messages, all messages are from bots. And after the event is over - message get deleted from service. Like "Homer Jay is Streaming Simpsons - Bart vs the Space Aliens" message gets botted in when Homer starts streming. If im following Homer Jay my (device) would receive the message from the site, and would sound the non intrusive/obtrusive nuclear meltdown alarm combined with sub diving alarm combined to crying children alarm on full blast and would not stop until user gives the minimum 256 bit entropy password to it or until Homer stops the stream and message get automatically deleted.

Eh?

EDIT:

pasik wrote:
Right, push notification system, that's the scenario I'm describing of course.

Reading whole post? Who the f does something like that? I for one will never start something stupid like that!
(I should learn to do that one day....maybe)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next