It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 52 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 144

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:13 pm 

Hey all,

Okay, this one is the very last update of this year (for real this time).

For all of you that are nostalgic about the old servers list, or if you prefer the old servers list layout, I heard you! There's now a button at the bottom of the RWRS' servers list that allow you to switch to the extended view, which will display more information including number of bots, version, comment (server's MOTD) and players list!

See you next year for a big update ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:12 pm 

Hello runners,

This is the first update of 2018! A little one, but an update after all, before the incoming big update. It also set up things before this last.

Starting today, RWRS now tracks the number of players which are playing RWR right now (i.e the total number of users which have RWR running).

This number is displayed at the top-left corner of all pages. The players chart on the home page was also updated to add a new line representing this new information.

See you soon ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:20 pm 

Hey runners,

After one month or so of work, the big update is finally live! It's the biggest update for RWRS. There's a shitload of changes backstage, but the main changes for you are:

• Pacific stats are now available:
    • Official Pacific servers are now considered as ranked servers (yellow star)
    • Ranks from Pacific are now supported (including IJA, currently enabled on ranked Pacific servers). When these servers will switch to USMC, ranks on RWRS will switch as well
    • On the home page it's now possible to search for a player either for Invasion or Pacific stats
  • Maps from popular mods are now supported (their real name are now displayed. Minimap is also now displayed)
  • Stats and unlockables are now displayed separately in different tabs

However, I had to make trade-off about some features for technical reasons:

• Links to the RWR wiki page for official maps are no more available
  • As of today, unlockables are unavailable as they are currently under full redesign. They will be back later and will be more detailed, in addition to the Pacific ones
  • On the friends list, it is no more possible to go on a friend's stats page nor highlighting him in the leaderboard if they aren't playing on a ranked server

Any issue? Feel free to post a reply :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:18 pm 

Hey all,

Quick update fixing one annoying thing, coming also with minor improvements:

• The city name where the server is hosted is now shown, if available. This is helpful for servers hosted in large countries like USA, Russia, China, etc. Please note RWRS still don't take the location set by the server's owners into account as it tries to geolocate the server based on its IP
  • Fixed bizarre usernames and server names (i.e with special characters). This issue prevented to access some players stats page
  • Servers URL were improved. The server name was added in their URL for easier recognition (better than just the IP and port)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:43 pm 

Hey guys, it's been a while :)

RWRS were updated a few weeks ago but I didn't posted anything here. I take advantage of another feature that was added to RWRS right now to post a summary.

• As you may already noticed, the header were redesigned 2 weeks ago. It now takes a bit less space and is more user-friendly
  • The Time played stat is now also displayed as raw hours / minutes everywhere. A change that also happened 2 weeks ago
  • There's now a page showing the current status of the RWR online multiplayer. It's available through the Online multiplayer status link at the top-right of any page. Statuses are updated every 5 minutes. Please note this page don't track the game servers status

See ya!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:30 am 

It's me again and always, runners!

Unfortunately unlockables are still not back. Sad.

Instead, I have a surprise for you all in the official RUNNING WITH RIFLES Discord server (if you're not already part of it: join us, it's full of cool runners from all over the world!).

So: RWRS is now available as a Discord bot, located in the aforementioned Discord server, which can gives you many kind of information. It's the 21st century, gentlemen!

How to use? In the #rwrs channel, send a message which contains a command and, if required, its parameters, to the bot. The bot will then gives you the desired information. Some examples:

• Getting Invasion stats of Mellcor? @RWRS stats mellcor
  • Aaaaaand what if I want to know if Dio is playing right now? @RWRS whereis dio
  • Okay, can you give me the ranked (official) servers that are currently active? @RWRS servers --ranked
  • Well and what about the position of Jatimatik in the Pacific leaderboard, ordered by time played? @RWRS pos jatimatik time pacific

Let's stop now with the examples. I invite you to send the @RWRS help command: the bot will give you all the available commands along their parameters. Note that the bot also works well via PM: in this case, no need to mention him.

If you encounter issues or have suggestion, feel free to post a reply here or contact me on Discord: Epoc#4256

Along this update comes the usual improvements and bugfixes regarding RWRS itself. I'm not detailing them because I'm lazy right now.

Have fun!

P.S. Special thank to the Discord staff who helped me for several things during the creation of this bot! And of course thanks to the testers and, finally, thanks to Ily ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:36 pm 

Aye soldiers,

Another update for RWRS!

• Peak players and servers counts are now tracked, because they're always interesting data. These peaks are displayed on the home page, at the bottom of the charts.
  • The players comparison page were redesigned! It's now much more easier than ever to know who has the biggest... XP amount :)

There were also minor improvements. Also, still no unlockables, but they'll hopefuly come soon.

Go run with rifles!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:44 am 

Hey ladies and gents,

It's been a long time since the latest announcement. But don't worry, I continued to improve RWRS over the time. It was little improvements that didn't need any announcement. So here's the changelog for the last couple of months:

• Performance improvements were made, so everything should have run faster since the latest announcement
  • Annoying 500 error pages that came out from nowhere are now gone. They were caused by the old system guessing the country of origin of the RWR servers. A new system is now used
  • Plenty of underwater changes were also made

That's all folks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:42 am 

Good news everyone!

It's with great pleasure I'm introducing you to a brand new RWRS feature: players stats history! Yes: RWRS now records your stats, every day. But that's not all. The feature is so big it has to be split in different phases. Here's the changelog of this first phase:

• New tab on the players profile page: Stats history. It features a table showing your stats for every day you played!
  • The Discord bot command stats was updated: the date parameter was added. It'll allow you to get a player's stats for a specific day. Example using our very-own Dogtato: @rwrs stats dogtato invasion "2 weeks ago". Type @rwrs help stats for more information including all available date formats

Here's a few things you should be aware of:

• This feature is of course only available for players on ranked (official) Invasion and Pacific servers
  • Stats are recorded only for the 5000 most experienced players
  • Stats aren't recorded if the player didn't played (and so, if its stats didn't changed). This prevents saving duplicate data (and saves space on the hard drive :))
  • Stats are synced every day at 07:00 GMT+2 (Paris hour)

Thanks to Dogtato and Jatimatik for beta-testing this new feature.

Last but not least: you'll think your stats history will only be available starting today. WRONG! I teamed up with Mr. Bang, the guy behind the rwrtrack project, and I was able to import all the data he recorded since September 30, 2017 into RWRS! So you'll of course be able to find how much XP you did months ago ;) Note this data only includes the 1000 most experienced Invasion players recorded almost every day (Pacific player stats weren't recorded).

See ya!

PS: As usual, tell me if you see bugs or if you have suggestion.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:21 pm 

Enter phase 2 of stats history feature (see previous announcement above for background): I hope you still love charts, because RWRS now contains more charts than ever!

Players eligible for stats history recording now have access to two new things:

• A new Evolution tab on their profile page: it features three charts displaying the evolution of their K/D ratio, leaderboard position (by XP) and score for the past year
  • A new Discord bot command which displays an image representing the same charts you can find in the aforementioned tab. Example: @rwrs evolution jackmayol ratio. As usual, type @rwrs help evolution for more information

See you for the next round!