It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 48 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 164

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:07 am 

So I've been putting together a little mod, but before I release it I need to finish some things up.

1. I want to have an anti-tank rifle as a primary weapon, but I can't seem to get it to do any damage. Is this even possible? And if so, is it also possible to have the AI use it to target both infantry and vehicles?

2. I've got my vehicle models and everything in game, but what parameters do I need to change to make a turret mounted gun have no visible recoil?

3. Can vehicle turrets have limited firing angles, like infantry in open vehicles?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:25 am 

Master Blaster wrote:
So I've been putting together a little mod, but before I release it I need to finish some things up.

1. I want to have an anti-tank rifle as a primary weapon, but I can't seem to get it to do any damage. Is this even possible? And if so, is it also possible to have the AI use it to target both infantry and vehicles?

2. I've got my vehicle models and everything in game, but what parameters do I need to change to make a turret mounted gun have no visible recoil?

3. Can vehicle turrets have limited firing angles, like infantry in open vehicles?

1. ive got a anti-tank rifle, my rifle is basically a rifle shooting same rounds as APC, if you need ask the files from PM.

2.i dont know

3.i think it should be possible

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:28 am 

Hello and welcome Master Blaster (people tend to forget to say hello in their first post in this forum for some reason ;) )

Quote:

you need to give your weapon a "blast" result class.
example:

Code:
<result class="blast" radius="5.0" damage="1.0" decal="1" />

In this specific case it would mean everything in a 5m radius of the impact would be affected (equally). The damage is 1, which is in 0.92 the damage to destroy a full health jeep.

Quote:

wow also new vehicle models? I hope so as it would be the first vehicle model modification :)
In tank.vehicle for example you can see for the mg turret (which doesn't have any recoil):

Code:
<turret offset="0 3.5 0.0" weapon_key="tank_mg.weapon" weapon_offset="0.0 0.5 0.9" weapon_recoil="0.0" max_rotation_step="0.0004" />

The weapon_recoil parameter is what you are looking for.

Quote:

for that check tow.vehicle:

Code:
<turret offset="0 1.2 0.16" weapon_key="tow.weapon" weapon_offset="0.0 -0.0 0.0" weapon_recoil="0.05"  max_rotation_step="0.00008" rotation="0" rotation_range="1.92" />

the rotation_range is the max rotation angle. It is in radian, so 1.92 represents (1.92/pi)*180 = 110°. So the turret can rotate max 55° to the right and max 55° to the left.

PS: joneau I dont think your guesses help anyone :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:37 am 

you think i wouldnt know that?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:16 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
Hello and welcome Master Blaster (people tend to forget to say hello in their first post in this forum for some reason ;) )

Sorry for being rude. Most of the forums I go to are pretty huge, so I never usually introduce myself.

Quote:
wow also new vehicle models? I hope so as it would be the first vehicle model modification :)

Doesn't Running With Bolters have some custom vehicles, though?

Anyways, thanks for the help, seems to have fixed all my issues. Still have to work on damaged versions of the vehicles and some other stuff.

In combat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:40 pm 

haha that looks great :)
Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:41 am 

Is that a Rolls-Royce Mk. I ? :shock:
And is this gonna be a WW1 mod? :o
Can't wait to try this out. :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:33 pm 

DoomMetal wrote:
Is that a Rolls-Royce Mk. I ? :shock:
And is this gonna be a WW1 mod? :o
Can't wait to try this out. :D

Maybe ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:11 pm 

sorry for my very bad memory and knowledge about different war vehicles but what tank is that?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:22 pm 

joneau wrote:
sorry for my very bad memory and knowledge about different war vehicles but what tank is that?

British Mark V tank.