It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:55 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 39

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:54 am 

All right. Going to take a look at the PM now. If you’d have a Steam account, it would also be nice to converse there. : 3 I need to get my Skype to work again and recover my account, or create a new one, if that’s not possible. : /

Hm~, okay. Well is there a way to extract audio assets from the game, or do we have to create the assets on our own by recording and doing some major audio work?

About the plans of the mod:
What did you have in mind? If you don’t want to discuss these things here, we can discuss it on Skype or Steam if you’d rather.

Also I live in UTC+2, so we may have quite some major time gab to deal with, depending on where you live.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:38 pm 

So this is starting to bug me. why can a gun be a 3d mesh model? but a soldier can't? if you make it have the right skeleton why couldn't a soldier be a mesh model? is there any way to implement this?
Animations are tied to the skeleton not the model.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:48 am 

@xr79
Like I said, I don't know why. JackMayol only told me that it wasn't possible. However, from experience, EVEN IF it was possible, I know that the limbs don't have any rotation control, so if it's a detailed model, you'll instantly notice that his elbow is poking out at a really weird angle, or is foot isn't where it's supposed to be. Voxels hide that stuff well, but a 3D model wouldn't. Just give up for the moment - by the way, nothing's holding you from trying it. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:11 am 

Okay, i can't get this ogre exporter to work at all ..if anyone has a tutorial or something on how it works that would be great. I use blender 2.6

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:17 pm 

xr79 wrote:
Okay, i can't get this ogre exporter to work at all ..if anyone has a tutorial or something on how it works that would be great. I use blender 2.6

Ah, that blender exporter was for 2.45 (has to do with the Python changing from 2.7.11 to 3.5.1, a lot of the base code was changed, so the two are incompatible), you'll need to find an exporter for 2.6 as well as Python for that version if you didn't already have it. I haven't been able to find one, but I know JackMayol has one - but he's not going to be back until Monday.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:50 pm 

Let's see if that works. If so, you can say: That's IT for you. Perfect example of how easy it is to miss the simple solutions.
There's a German joke that goes like: EDV = Ende der Vernunft.
It's a play of words with the German acronym of electronic data processing, changing it's meaning to something like: 'end of reason' because the beginning letters are all the same.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:54 pm 

*DELETE*

Last edited by xr79 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:30 pm 

*DELETED*

Last edited by xr79 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:07 pm 

Never mind. we got it working. how ever, the model is competently black, no textures on it. I got the size and the rotation and position right, but the rifle is black, in the ogre viewer the rifle has textures on it it, what am I doing wrong?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:20 pm 

xr79, just wondering - why don't you edit your old post instead of creating multiple ones and then edit them again... :roll:

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next