It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:10 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 51 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 147

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:48 am 

No worries :) I'll see again when you need more help. Good luck with your work.

As for this:

RandomHeadphone wrote:
Problems So Far:
1. I made a weapon and its model and put it into the game. I loaded up the game and loaded up my mod. It loaded up to 15% then it crashed.

Go check the Appdata folder (you know where right?), open the rwr_game.log file and scroll to the bottom. The log should end at at some file saying there's error. You should go check your file if you made a mistake then. When I was creating the mx_rifle.weapon I missed a typo and that caused a whole crash. The log tells me that the file mx_rifle.weapon had an error and causes game to crash. I check the file that had an error which i found and no more crash ;)

EDIT: the path should be like C:\Users\Windows\AppData\Roaming\Running with rifles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:30 am 

KetchupWarthog wrote:
No worries :) I'll see again when you need more help. Good luck with your work.

As for this:

RandomHeadphone wrote:
Problems So Far:
1. I made a weapon and its model and put it into the game. I loaded up the game and loaded up my mod. It loaded up to 15% then it crashed.

Go check the Appdata folder (you know where right?), open the rwr_game.log file and scroll to the bottom. The log should end at at some file saying there's error. You should go check your file if you made a mistake then. When I was creating the mx_rifle.weapon I missed a typo and that caused a whole crash. The log tells me that the file mx_rifle.weapon had an error and causes game to crash. I check the file that had an error which i found and no more crash ;)

EDIT: the path should be like C:\Users\Windows\AppData\Roaming\Running with rifles

..... I was soooo close to giving up on trying to get it to work. THANK YOU. You are my guardian angel! But there is one problem. I updated to windows 10 on my laptop which is terrible. SO I can no longer find where my appdata folder is. I searched the entire PC but it didn't even load near the end. I have RWR for Steam (just saying if it changes the file path or anything)

EDIT: It is basically impossible to find it by using the path because appdata is basically invisible for some reason. I had to type in %appdata% in the Search the web and Windows tab and find it. Also this makes absolutely no sense btw. It just says
17:00:37: : CHECK: weapons or weapon element not found
17:00:37: : execution halted
17:00:37: : uninit comms
After tying to load my weapon. I'll just play something else and wait for you to respond, or someone to.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:01 pm 

Hmmm... seems like you may have made an error in your weapon file. Do you think you can upload your mod + the gamelog file for me? I won't steal your mod or whatever XD just gonna see where you may have gone wrong.

In the meanwhile, go back to your gamelog. It should probably load some previous weapons before showing that message. So say in my example, the all_weapons.xml loads the following:

<weapon file="mx_rifle.weapon" />
<weapon file="mxc.weapon" />
<weapon file="mx_sw.weapon" />

The logfile loads mxc.weapon normally, but then crashes after. This probably means there is an error in mx_sw.weapon. You then go check the file.

I would much prefer to see it for myself, but of course it's your choice :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:13 am 

KetchupWarthog wrote:
Hmmm... seems like you may have made an error in your weapon file. Do you think you can upload your mod + the gamelog file for me? I won't steal your mod or whatever XD just gonna see where you may have gone wrong.

In the meanwhile, go back to your gamelog. It should probably load some previous weapons before showing that message. So say in my example, the all_weapons.xml loads the following:

<weapon file="mx_rifle.weapon" />
<weapon file="mxc.weapon" />
<weapon file="mx_sw.weapon" />

The logfile loads mxc.weapon normally, but then crashes after. This probably means there is an error in mx_sw.weapon. You then go check the file.

I would much prefer to see it for myself, but of course it's your choice :)

I basically added a playermodel to a mod (which worked) but I can't get a weapon to work. (Btw this isn't my mod it's from some other skilled modder I LOVE his mod so I wanted to add a weapon to it) Also I need to know how to upload my mod + gamelog to you.

EDIT: I took another look at the gamelog and realised something... when I took out my faulty weapon. Apparently no weapons and no weapon elements were found. Even though there were weapons already in there.

Last edited by RandomHeadphone on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:19 am 

Well I still can't really see where things go wrong though.... did you make the .weapon file yourself or did you modify from a vanilla file? Maybe make sure the spelling in every file is correct? That the M16A4 is not M164A? I dunno....

As for uploading i suggest Mediafire. Of course any other cloud storage works but that's what I use personally.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:24 am 

KetchupWarthog wrote:
Well I still can't really see where things go wrong though.... did you make the .weapon file yourself or did you modify from a vanilla file? Maybe make sure the spelling in every file is correct? That the M16A4 is not M164A? I dunno....

As for uploading i suggest Mediafire. Of course any other cloud storage works but that's what I use personally.

How do I use/get mediafire? I think I know how to send it to you by copying the link but I just don't know how to get it / use it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:36 am 

RandomHeadphone wrote:
How do I use/get mediafire? I think I know how to send it to you by copying the link but I just don't know how to get it / use it.

Well...signing up for it would be the first step....? Lol