It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:35 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 28

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:19 pm 

Love the Mod, just want to say a few 'things' about it.

1. The Survivor faction is way too good, high numbers, high Durability, accurate and very lethal weapons (Looking at that Cross-Bolt Rifle.). I usually play as the Military and their numbers is so low that i had to set my friendly capacity to 170% and set the enemy to 110% and I'm still struggling.

2. I want to destroy enemy structures and base camps but Frags and Pipes don't just do, maybe add a C4 for the military and a HE IED for the Bandits.

3. I've annihilated hundreds of survivors with a deployable minigun but they their only being pushed back by a bit.

4. I'd like elite soldiers for the Mlitary and bandits.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:32 pm 

Velona wrote:
Love the Mod, just want to say a few 'things' about it.

1. The Survivor faction is way too good, high numbers, high Durability, accurate and very lethal weapons (Looking at that Cross-Bolt Rifle.). I usually play as the Military and their numbers is so low that i had to set my friendly capacity to 170% and set the enemy to 110% and I'm still struggling.

2. I want to destroy enemy structures and base camps but Frags and Pipes don't just do, maybe add a C4 for the military and a HE IED for the Bandits.

3. I've annihilated hundreds of survivors with a deployable minigun but they their only being pushed back by a bit.

4. I'd like elite soldiers for the Mlitary and bandits.

I currently have little plans to add elites yet as im working on balance and new things too add to the bandit faction, Bandits however do have an elite unit already! Id also love to talk to an experienced modder about allowing ai to use turrets without letting the zombies. C4 definitely is an item I plan on adding, but one I want to more delicately attune to the 3 classes that will use them. Thanks for your support! il be sure to look at balance next update. Would you rather see weaker survivors, or less survivors?

Last edited by Daddyfatflab on Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:49 pm 

Just tested the mod myself for 5 minutes, pretty cool stuff.

I took a few notes:

1) I would make survivor vests (and all the vests in general maybe) to disappear when dropped. You can do that by adding time_to_live_out_in_the_open="0.0" in the carry_item tag of the vest file(s)
2) the mounted MG (didn't test minigun) is EXTREMELY powerful, and it one-shots and enemy even at max range. A faction could bunker themselves and place several MGs so that it would be absolutely impossible to rush it, no matter what
3) you might want to rename the neutral faction to something else? faction name="Neutral" in neutral.xml
4) crossbow having a proper reload animation would be nice
5) in general, if you think a faction is too strong, better lower the amount of them rather than weaken them and raise their amount. It's better for performance and also network bandwidth in case you want to run a server. The more units/objects on the field, the more you need to sync.
6) I would change the drop rate of weapons as else you have tons of every possible weapon lying around. in the weapon file you could for example add something like drop_count_factor_on_death="0.4" which would mean that the probability that a weapon would be dropped on death is 40%
7) as for the AI not using vehicles, the only additional option would be that only the owner of the vehicle would be able to use it. It doesn't help much as you would want all the humans to use them, just not the zombies. This would require changes in the code, might be possible in the future, not promising anything though

Those are just suggestions with the little amount of time I tested the mod. No need to take anything into consideration, of course :)

EDIT: we actually just exposed death, body_fall, throw and stab sounds now for the next update so that you can already look for custom sounds for those.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:35 am 

JackMayol wrote:
Just tested the mod myself for 5 minutes, pretty cool stuff.

I took a few notes:

1) I would make survivor vests (and all the vests in general maybe) to disappear when dropped. You can do that by adding time_to_live_out_in_the_open="0.0" in the carry_item tag of the vest file(s)
2) the mounted MG (didn't test minigun) is EXTREMELY powerful, and it one-shots and enemy even at max range. A faction could bunker themselves and place several MGs so that it would be absolutely impossible to rush it, no matter what
3) you might want to rename the neutral faction to something else? faction name="Neutral" in neutral.xml
4) crossbow having a proper reload animation would be nice
5) in general, if you think a faction is too strong, better lower the amount of them rather than weaken them and raise their amount. It's better for performance and also network bandwidth in case you want to run a server. The more units/objects on the field, the more you need to sync.
6) I would change the drop rate of weapons as else you have tons of every possible weapon lying around. in the weapon file you could for example add something like drop_count_factor_on_death="0.4" which would mean that the probability that a weapon would be dropped on death is 40%
7) as for the AI not using vehicles, the only additional option would be that only the owner of the vehicle would be able to use it. It doesn't help much as you would want all the humans to use them, just not the zombies. This would require changes in the code, might be possible in the future, not promising anything though

Those are just suggestions with the little amount of time I tested the mod. No need to take anything into consideration, of course :)

EDIT: we actually just exposed death, body_fall, throw and stab sounds now for the next update so that you can already look for custom sounds for those.

Thanks much for the feedback! Its great to see support and people enjoy the additions I have been making. I will leave a reply to respond to all of your comments. They are very helpful and I will be tweaking according to the feedback. :)

1. All armors and weapons do have a despawn time set to 100, which for now may be a lot. So il adjust their drop rates and despawn time.
2. Miniguns are super powerful, but can only be used by the player as AI are disabled from using them to prevent the zombie faction from using turrets. Its a global thing as far as I can see, though I do want to fix this in the future. It is then il look to seriously rebalance turrets.
3. The faction "Neutral" must be named so in order for the game to accept 4 factions playing at once, if it was named anything else, it would break. Though changing the name has crossed my mind too.
4. I mainly do light coding, not animation sadly, but if someone could step up and offer assistance, I would love to update the animations!
5. As I add new things to the mod, I will be nerfing the overpowered items as well as tweaking spawn rates. As it stands, no faction currently even spawns at the vanilla 1.0 rate, but at .37, .50, and .85. Even combined the spawn rate should not exceed a 3 army vanilla match to my knowledge. But I definitely will be keeping more of an eye towards things that might bog down performance and bandwidth for servers.
6. Though I haven't focused on it yet, you make a solid point when it comes to adjusting drop rates! And it definitely will be something il be fixing here for the next update.
7. Now what you suggest is actually beyond my coding capability, if you can do it or know someone that can, I would absolutely love to talk to you or that person and help expand on that and every other point you've made!
Also i'm sorry I cant understand what you included in your edit, can you explain further?

Thanks much for the feedback, feel free to leave another comment or pm me if you want to talk more about suggestions or directly helping me! But it of course, is always your choice. Thank you again!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:37 am 

I mean that it's actually not possible to have specified factions to not use vehicles and I can't promise that we'll add this in a future patch. It's for now either all players+AI, players only alternatively only the faction who spawned the vehicle. Last option would only make sense if you had only a human faction and a zombie faction but now if you use this method and the military faction would spawn a vehicle, it might be weird if the survivors or the bandits wouldn't be able to use it.

As for the "edit" part, we just added the option to specify custom sounds for soldier groups so that you could after the next patch for example have custom death sounds for the zombie faction as you might want to have a different sound for a dying zombie than for a human.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:17 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
I mean that it's actually not possible to have specified factions to not use vehicles and I can't promise that we'll add this in a future patch. It's for now either all players+AI, players only alternatively only the faction who spawned the vehicle. Last option would only make sense if you had only a human faction and a zombie faction but now if you use this method and the military faction would spawn a vehicle, it might be weird if the survivors or the bandits wouldn't be able to use it.

As for the "edit" part, we just added the option to specify custom sounds for soldier groups so that you could after the next patch for example have custom death sounds for the zombie faction as you might want to have a different sound for a dying zombie than for a human.

Ahhhh thank you for clarifying, that does help a lot. It is a feature I really want in this mod, the military deploys so many miniguns but none get used sadly. Id love to see an epic hold out with those things. And I am looking forward to seeing what I can do with these custom sounds! Thank you much for the insight. If I have any 2 cents to toss forward, I hope the vehicle thing can at least be mentioned.

I think the option you mentioned, in regards to factions can only use their own vehicles would be more suitable and sensible than no one uses their vehicles. Problem is, I don't know where I can make that change, do you by chance know where I can look at this? I'd really appreciate it!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:45 pm 

Daddyfatflab wrote:
JackMayol wrote:
I think the option you mentioned, in regards to factions can only use their own vehicles would be more suitable and sensible than no one uses their vehicles. Problem is, I don't know where I can make that change, do you by chance know where I can look at this? I'd really appreciate it!

check the tank2.vehicle (which is the DarkCat boss tank and only vehicle which has this parameter in vanilla). in the vehicle tag you have this: allow_owner_to_use_only="1"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:19 am 

JackMayol wrote:
I have been waiting for this for so long. This is going to go a long way towards improving atmosphere in mods with monsters and other non-humans. Thank you so much!

I'M COOKIN' WITH GAS! I've got a handful of vertebrae and a headful of mad! Yeah! That's your spinal cord, baby! Dig it! Who's the man? I'm the man! I'm a bad man! How bad? Real bad! I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:25 am 

JackMayol wrote:
Daddyfatflab wrote:
JackMayol wrote:

check the tank2.vehicle (which is the DarkCat boss tank and only vehicle which has this parameter in vanilla). in the vehicle tag you have this: allow_owner_to_use_only="1"

Thanks much! Guess its time to rebalance the turrets then :p

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:37 pm 

jordan234234 wrote:
Hey a great idea would to add a flame thrower, you should see if you can get permission from the creators of overlord to use there flame thrower. (fun fact D-Day was actually named Operation Overlord) Another suggestion is to add a mg/mini-gun for the military. Just a thought me and a friend had.

You can actually make things like this happen but we need more people to work because at the moment I am the only editor for models and we need help because it isn't easy have to make models every day because they take maybe thirty minutes to an hour each to make so I need you to help us make this mod great!!! (message on steam Daddyfatflab or just look at bottom of desc.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next