It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:18 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 55 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 147

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:28 pm 

Currently a WIP, with more to come!
=========================================================
Originally Vehicles Improved, I've finally got some inspiration to continue work on this mod and I've widened the scope to include more parts of RWR, like AI, weapons, factions. Or atleast, I plan to. Currently there are only changes to vehicles and AI, with more to come later.
This is split in different parts, so you can use whichever you want. Later, however, I'll merge them into one single mod.
Vehicles Improved
While vehicles are an important part of the game I feel that some vehicles are not used nearly enough or could be improved even further. This mod aims to change that by modifying some of the vehicles in the game.

Currently only the humvee, rubber boat, the faction apcs and trucks are changed.
The humvee and trucks now have a stash, rubber boats have a mg and apcs are able to move on water (need feedback on this one :) )

New update: Mobile armory spawns weapons on destruction, below it though, don't know how to fix this. The 2 front seats of rubber boat are now removed, because MG. Sandbag is heavier, only tank should be able to move it now. MG, minigun and tow changed a little.

AI Improved
After getting annoyed by AI swarming too much when playing in both single player and multi player, I decided to edit the AI parameters myself. I made this in 20 minutes, so it's not very good, and prone to heavy changes. Currently it (tries to, at least) makes AI stay in cover more, dodge grenades more often, changes some parameters that might do something (many parameters names are complicated and I don't or barely know what they mean, so I haven't delved into unknown territory, at least not yet :) ), also makes AI more willing to stay behind and defend bases, effectively reducing numbers in firefights(I'm not sure if this idea is liked, and currently is not balanced, too many soldiers defending) and reduces AI field of view, which might be useful when stealthing/flanking.

v0.2 Makes some tweaks. During testing, I noticed that while changing some parameters I made the AI very brutal and mistakes could get you killed quickly. I plan to change that along with other things in the next version. Now, however, I challenge everyone to win a match in Moorland Trenches with only one starting base, 98% AI accuracy and 100% friendly and enemy capacity.

I need your feedback on this mod, so please don't hesitate to tell me about any problem or weird behavior or anything that you like/don't like in this mod.
More updates will be coming soon.

Attachments:
Vehicles Improved.rar [17.68 KiB]
Downloaded 912 times
AI Improvedv0.2.rar [1.53 KiB]
Downloaded 891 times

Last edited by Bredf on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:41 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:18 pm 

Ohh lol wow you just did what I tried about a year ago (even before the full release). Sure works quite well though turning in water is still quite fast. But well done anyways :)

Just wondering is it possible to have permission to copy your amphibious APC into a mod I'm working on? It's only shared between me and a friend that's all. No copyrights infringements :)

Thanks!
Kevin T.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:07 pm 

KetchupWarthog wrote:
Ohh lol wow you just did what I tried about a year ago (even before the full release). Sure works quite well though turning in water is still quite fast. But well done anyways :)

Just wondering is it possible to have permission to copy your amphibious APC into a mod I'm working on? It's only shared between me and a friend that's all. No copyrights infringements :)

Thanks!
Kevin T.

I recall trying to make amphibious vehicles in 0.97 but apparently it just wouldn't work. Maybe it didnt't work because the first vehicle I tried was the humvee, and after it I gave up.
Can't really do anything about the turning speed, I'm surprised this worked in the first place :D. And now that you mention it, everything in this mod is free to use/edit/distribute/you know those annoying things/ basically you can do everything with this provided you give me credit somehow(I don't really care about this that much, you might aswell not give me any credit). But really the amphibious APC is very easy to make, you can compare it with the vanilla APC and patrol boat and see what I did.

Thanks for the kind words and hopefully you have fun with this mod or parts of it :lol:

EDIT: I'd recommend you release that mod if you deem it release-worthy. This game could need more mods. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:49 am 

Bredf wrote:
[Can't really do anything about the turning speed, I'm surprised this worked in the first place :D. And now that you mention it, everything in this mod is free to use/edit/distribute/you know those annoying things/ basically you can do everything with this provided you give me credit somehow(I don't really care about this that much, you might aswell not give me any credit). But really the amphibious APC is very easy to make, you can compare it with the vanilla APC and patrol boat and see what I did.

EDIT: I'd recommend you release that mod if you deem it release-worthy. This game could need more mods. :)

Yeah the turning speed couldn't be fixed but it's fine I guess :) And yeah definitely credit you though I doubt I'll release the mod at all :? It ain't of a great quality but having Bundeswehr mowing people down with MG3s works for me :lol:

Thanks once again :) Cheers!
KetchupWarthog (I was stupid to put my name :evil: )

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:40 pm 

KetchupWarthog wrote:
Bredf wrote:
[Can't really do anything about the turning speed, I'm surprised this worked in the first place :D. And now that you mention it, everything in this mod is free to use/edit/distribute/you know those annoying things/ basically you can do everything with this provided you give me credit somehow(I don't really care about this that much, you might aswell not give me any credit). But really the amphibious APC is very easy to make, you can compare it with the vanilla APC and patrol boat and see what I did.

Yeah the turning speed couldn't be fixed but it's fine I guess :) And yeah definitely credit you though I doubt I'll release the mod at all :? It ain't of a great quality but having Bundeswehr mowing people down with MG3s works for me :lol:

Thanks once again :) Cheers!
KetchupWarthog (I was stupid to put my name :evil: )

Haha that looks cool, mods don't have to be too serious or high quality :). And everyone makes mistakes, don't worry ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:44 pm 

New update! :D

I've widened the scope of the mod, though there's only changes to vehicles and AI right now.

I really need feedback on both the AI and vehicle changes, so please tell me of anything you like/don't like or that's a problem/possibly unintended behavior.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:28 pm 

Another update! :)

This time I made a few other tweaks in the AI, battles are definitely slower and accidentally due to some changes the AI became MLG Pros capable of wrecking you before you can react. That'll be fixed in the next version most likely, along with other changes. Meanwhile a update will come to the vehicles shortly.

EDIT: As promised, update is here.