All times are UTC

Do you like the new models?
YES 58%  58%  [ 11 ]
NO 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
NEEDS MORE 37%  37%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 19
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:31 am 

Synthwar: Uprising

Nanocytes: A Cult fighting to continue research and development in their forbidden technology. They believe that these technologies are the only way for humanity to reach the pinnacle of their evolution. They often use their captives for gruesome experiments, hoping to make the next step for humanity and unfortunately resulting in heavily mutated or mechanically-infused humans. When they determine their test subjects are no longer needed, depending on the experiments they've been exposed to, they either terminate the subject or release them. The ones that survive have formed The Coalition and attack the Nanocytes mercilessly for the experiments and torture they've suffered from them.

Bastion: Founded after the discovery of the experiments carried out by the Nanocyte Cult, Bastion is determined to rid the world of the Nanocytes and their morally corrupt ways. They believe that The Coalition are a blight upon humanity, a synthetic plague that must be cured and won't stop until both The Coalition and the Nanocytes are destroyed.

The Coalition: Originally civilians and prisoners of war, The Coalition were test subjects used by the Nanocytes in the hopes of finding the next step in human evolution. When the Nanocytes concluded their experiments they either destroyed their test subjects or released them, depending on the types of "biological advancements" they experienced. The Coalition has dedicated the remainder of their lives to exterminating the Nanocyte Cult and finding cures for their afflictions.

(Yes, I am an unimaginative twat.)

5/3/2015:
Since I'm not that great at the whole art thing... unless its in a 3d modeler >.>... I'm not going to be able to make proper HUD icons for weapons. I also don't really have anything else to add to the mod for now, maybe more models when I get back into playing RWR... Feel free to use whatever models you want from the mod. --FREE MODS FOR LIFE--

6/11/2015: ***WORKS WITH VERSION 1.00 - 1.02*** ***1.10 IS UNCONFIRMED AND UNSUPPORTED***

Latest Patch:
- New boss models (yellow texturing to make them identifiable).
- Weapon rebalance for all guns.
- New basic shotguns, rocket launchers, grenade launchers for each faction.
- 15 new rare weapons (dropped by bosses only).
- Code changes to make more AI wear body armor MK.2
- Drop rates on standard issue equipment reduced to 0.10 from 1.00.
- Vest MK3 can be bought from all factions armories now.
- Probably other things I forgot.

NOTE: HIGHLY RECOMMEND PLAYING ON LARGE MAPS. LONGER LASTING MAPS WILL LET YOU EXPERIENCE A MORE CAMPAIGN-LIKE EXPERIENCE AND MAKE RARES MORE USEFUL.

NOTE2: The code for custom campaign is in the mod but it's non functional at this time due to the way the game functions (as far as we can decipher).

***Custom model count: 70+***

***WORKS WITH VERSION 1.00 - 1.02*** ***1.10 IS UNCONFIRMED AND UNSUPPORTED***
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sqpmwcsjay7i ... 0.rar?dl=0
* READ. THE. INSTRUCTIONS.

*** SET VOXEL DENSITY TO +1 OR +2, SET VOXEL SIZE TO AROUND 30-40% ***

Last edited by Avoh on Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 14 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:22 pm 

I like how you've kept the general gist of things from vanilla for this mod - I really, really like it. Keep it up, it looks good so far. :)

EDIT:
By the way, you did know there's an actual way to put an overlay, e.g. a dedicated mod system? From looking through the files, there's no reason why you couldn't just put this in your overlays folder without having to overwrite the base game files (at least, that's the directions given to me in the file).

EDIT:
So, number one. Don't make every weapon available to every faction right off the bat. Seems a bit odd. Also, it just blows up the armory with so much stuff that it's hard to pick some stuff out. I know it's still being tested and it's nice to be able to test the weapons out without having to change factions, but later on, change it.

Second, a all the SMGs and Sniper Rifles are virtually the same. Try to add some variation between them, maybe a bolt-action sniper rifle or two, and some slower-firing SMGs that might hit harder than the rest.

The Light Machine Guns are blatantly overpowered right now. You can do walking fire with them - something only the Stoner LMG had in vanilla - and they have massive magazine sizes and extremely fast fire rates. It's just stupidly OP, being honest. :P Try to limit their mobility by either making them unable to fire while on the move (in the code, make it so they can't be fired while standing and that'll limit it to crouch fire while standing still) or making them have to go prone to fire. Maybe make them more accurate off the bat with more recoil, but I don't know how that'll turn out.

The Assault Rifles are nicely varied between the nations, each with a nice perk. But one thing they all have is terrible accuracy. One of the reasons why LMGs outshine them so much. Make them have an accuracy factor of .95 for all of them, and a .92 accuracy for the bullpup to make it a bit different. The bullpup could also have less recoil to compensate for the lower base accuracy, for example. Overall good job on these.

The Battle Rifles are in a bit of an odd spot. They're not exactly much better than assault rifles since they don't seem to damage the armor of a soldier all the time, and they seem to be less accurate. And their hideously slow rate of fire should compensate for that. I'd suggest making them more accurate (about .95 for most of them, with variation to taste) and have them have a kill probability of 1.0 to give good reason to use them over the assault rifles.

And that's the end of my rant. Good job overall, I look forward to some progress. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:03 pm 

New version released: UW_0.5A

- Total weapon rebalance

WEAPON STATS:
(BODY ARMOR MK2 WILL NOW BE EQUIPPED BY MORE AI, WEAPONS ARE BALANCED TO COUNTER THIS COMPARED TO VANILLA STATS)

Assault R: .65-.75 kill chance, .80-.95 accuracy, .090-.130 fire rate, .30-.45 recoil

SMG: .20-.40 kill chance, .35-.60 accuracy, .025-.070 fire rate, .15-.30 recoil

LMG: .20-.55 kill chance, .45-.55 accuracy, .040-.090 fire rate, .45-1.0 recoil

Battle R: .80-.95 kill chance, .80-.90 accuracy, .300-.400 fire rate, .50-.75 recoil

AT Rifles: 6.0-8.0 kill chance, 1.0 accuracy, .850-1.10 fire rate, 3.0 recoil

Next update includes overlay settings to play this mod as a campaign, had to rename the mod file for it to work... -.- xml documents don't like periods apparently

Also, new models :D working on them now...working on the concepts anyways -.-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:14 pm 

Assault Rifles are spot-on now. Good job there. :)

The LMGs are a big wonky, though. They've been rebalanced nicely, although the crazy rate of fire tends to max out the recoil very, very quickly. My favorite is probably the HER-55, simply because it has a slower rate of fire. Just a nitpick of mine, but it's nothing that'll change the course of the Earth anytime soon.

Battle Rifles - good, but they still need to be a bit more accurate over all, I think.

...and one final thing, actual names for some guns? It's nice to have so many guns, but it turns into alphabet soup after a while. Names like the Scorpion EVO, Beretta M9, or Desert Eagle from vanilla are nice - maybe something like those, even a few, would be nice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:38 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
...and one final thing, actual names for some guns? It's nice to have so many guns, but it turns into alphabet soup after a while. Names like the Scorpion EVO, Beretta M9, or Desert Eagle from vanilla are nice - maybe something like those, even a few, would be nice.

Now imagine being the person trying to rebalance everything, sorting through that... q_q I'll definitely be changing the names the more I work on the mod

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:53 pm 

That's perfectly fine - the names are nothing important. Just adds a bit of flavor text is all, maybe some to the immersion factor. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:11 am 

Made two new rocket launcher models, four new infantry.

three infantry models are new recruit models for each faction, fourth is a brown merc female.

merc has a cap/balaclava, rifle on back + sling, medpack on leg, extra armor on legs/arms, t-shirt, armor vest going from chest up, sidearm holster

green recruit is basically the same as the standard model, has a lighter version of the armor vest and has a rebreather-ish looking scout helmet (fully enclosed)

grey has a lighter armor vest and a cap/balaclava

brown has a lighter armor vest and a... weirdish looking helmet... closest description would be like a MICH that goes down further and out slightly more... with a balaclava

Next release will go up when I make some more firearms.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:16 pm 

Hey, I just registered to let you know I'm supporting your mod efforts and hope you continue with it.

These forums are a bit bare for a game that I really enjoy and hope takes off. I plan on getting the mod (once more refined) to my friends and hosting some games.

Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing what you finish up with!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:49 am 

You don't need to pack all of the sound files into the mod unless they're custom. Doing so will help reduce the size of the mod significantly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:18 am 

Acake wrote:
You don't need to pack all of the sound files into the mod unless they're custom. Doing so will help reduce the size of the mod significantly.

Yeah, I'm slowly removing original files with each update. I ran into issues with certain things not being in the mod folder which made it crash the game... e.g. I apparently "NEED" the vehicle turret assets in my weapon folder... never touched them or have anything relating to them in my mod... then I apparently fixed it somehow. But yeah, sound is next to go.