It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:01 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 38 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 21

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:50 am 

Running with Datadyne is a little mod based on one of my favorite games of all time, Perfect Dark. The mod changes the factions to the following:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Institute

Spoiler:
Founded and run by Daniel Carrington, the Institute is an organization that focuses on technological development for the good of mankind, preserving world peace, and making peaceful contact with extraterrestrial life. Their agents are highly trained, and their main assault rifle offers a zoom to take out enemies from afar. Their color is light blue.

FACTION-EXCLUSIVE WEAPONS:
-AR34: 30 Round assault rifle with a slight zoom. Accurate and reliable, with a medium fire-rate.
-RCP-120: Very high ammo-cap SMG that comes with a weak cloaking field, making it harder for enemies to detect the user.
-Laptop Gun: SMG with 50 rounds in a mag. High rate of fire, slight zoom. Transforms into a laptop PC for covert carry. (Does not do this in-game.)
-Cyclone: High ammo cap autopistol. Respectable fire-rate and accuracy, this is a favorite of government agents.
-Falcon 2: The workhorse of the Institute, this pistol is used worldwide for it's accuracy, reliability, and ease of use.

UNITS:
-Security: Standard unit. Mainly uses the Cyclone, but can be seen with other weapons as well. Wear gray suits.
-Soldier: Armored unit. Carries a Vest II, and mainly uses the AR34. Easily spotted in their blue and white armor.
-Agent: Similar in appearance to to the Soldier, but their vests are red. Exclusively uses the RCP-120.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Datadyne

Spoiler:
A hyper-corporation with criminal ties worldwide. Their technological developments are based around military and security use. There are rumors that they have entered a deal with a hostile alien race, as Datadyne has been making many unusual breakthroughs in technology lately. Their weapons are powerful, and their units can easily hold their own against Institute soldiers. Their color is dark grey.

FACTION-EXCLUSIVE WEAPONS:
-Dragon: 30 Round assault rifle. Sacrifices a zoom function for more kick. Fires slightly faster than the AR34.
-K7 Avenger: This assault rifle is partially made with alien materials. Extremely powerful and accurate, but with a low ammo cap of 25.
-Devastator: Grenade launcher with a decent fire rate that can hold 8 grenades. Expensive to deploy and a rare sight in battle.
-Magsec 4: 3 round burst pistol with 9 rounds in a clip. Packs a lethal punch as well.
-CMP-150: By far Datadyne's most popular product, this TMP sports a 30 round clip, and respectable accuracy.

UNITS:
-Infantry: Not as skilled or smart as their higher ranked counterparts, but plentiful, and prefer to use the CMP-150. Wears a dark gray uniform.
-Trooper: Datadyne's all-around riflemen. Prefer to use the Dragon, but can be seen with the Shotgun and Sniper Rifle. Wears green and black armor.
-Shock Trooper: Datadyne's elite units. Use the K7 Avenger and, occasionally, the Devastator. Wears dark blue and black armor.

Miscellaneous Weapons
Spoiler:
These weapons are available to both factions.
Shotgun: Standard pump-action shotgun. Holds 9 shells.
Sniper Rifle: Semi-Auto. Holds 8 rounds, can be fired very rapidly.
Rocket Launcher: Standard rocket launcher. Nothing special, identical to the vanilla LAW.
Tranquilizer: Tiny 8-round pistol that forces those hit into a "stunned" state.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General and Misc:
-This mod is much smaller content-wise than Running with XCOM. This is because there are very few assets, especially art, to work with.
-This mod uses authentic sounds ripped straight from the game. They are used not only for guns, but for other sound effects such as dying, using the radio, etc.
-"Alien Conflict" plays during the day.
-"Area 51: Infiltration" plays at night.
-"Air Force One X" plays during the day, during a firefight.
-This mod uses default.ai and elite.ai from Matricaria's Balance Rethink. Should the author want me to remove it, I will do so.
-This mod uses Bandit Firstnames from Tremozl's Running with the Dead. I will remove at his request.
-If anyone with art skills would like to assist me, development with this mod can continue. In addition, if they would like to color the existing weapon icons, that would be lovely.
-In order for some aspects of this mod to function, this mod uses old 1.0 Pistol Animations. Sorry!
-The Institute uses Brownpants vehicles, Datadyne uses Greycollars vehicles.
-AI's will drive the Spawn Truck, Armory Truck, and Patrol Boat.
-Gunfire can be a bit loud at times, especially during large firefights.

CREDITS:
MasterChiefFox and NeoMetalSonic360 for the images used to make the weapon icons.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/Ok6yk
Download: https://mega.nz/#!yY0CzTLS!Llip53XNiKWg ... EOdlNU5JkA

It may not seem like much, but getting all of the sounds and art necessary to warrant even this tiny mod was a tedious process. Keep in mind, this mod was made in two days, and this is my first mod made completely from scratch, so there may be some bugs present. I've playtested it, and everything appears to be working correctly, but please let me know of any bugs that arise. I'll put out a hotfix as soon as I can. Hope you enjoy the mod!

Last edited by Ramsoos on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:13 pm 

-CHANGELOG: The littlest update Edition-

Features and Touch-ups:
-The Institute now has access to the Laptop Gun, a high fire rate, 50 ammo cap SMG with a slight zoom. Rare Weapon.

Balancing:
-Adjusted the rarities of several guns.
-Adjusted the fire rate and chance to kill of the AR34 and Dragon.

Bugfixes:
-The Devastator should now be semi-auto, as opposed to 3-round burst.
-Common grunts should no longer have extremely high amounts of XP.

Download link in OP has been updated. Going dark for a while, decided to get this polish update out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:08 am 

Hello!

Thought I'd slink out of the shadows for a moment to ask for some feedback regarding this mod. This was, admittedly, a hastily done two-day project done in a moment of inspiration. I check back every once in a while, and as I'm typing this, the mod thread has upwards of 800 views, but no comments other than my own.

I know it's a small mod, but the silence is a bit unnerving. Any thoughts on this little project?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:25 pm 

Doesn't work for me, but it looks like it would be a great mod. I think it is because I use linux mint 17.1, and I think all mods are meant for windows, but idk.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:50 am 

UPDATE

No real changelog, only updated for 1.2 compatibility. Been needing to do this for a long time, sorry about the wait for anyone that wanted to play it. Download link in OP updated.