It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:41 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 47 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 76

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:17 pm 

Bredf wrote:
I already know what you can do with the .ai files. I was exactly asking to modify those values to make combat a bit more interesting. Some of the values I remember can be changed are visibility at night and at day, the shield wielding soldiers to normal soldiers ratio, how close shield guys get (not sure about this), willingness of the AI to charge, and lots of things regarding AI being in cover and in vehicles. That's a lot of parameters that could change the AI quite a bit. Personally though, I'd say you increase visibility at day so as to make those stealth suits actually useful, and probably make the AI stay in cover a bit more.

I'll look into it. I haven't played my mod properly in a while, so I'll see what adjustments can be made.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:49 pm 

FrankBooth wrote:
I'll look into it. I haven't played my mod properly in a while, so I'll see what adjustments can be made.

Haha, modder problems.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:36 am 

Is it normal for the player models to be stuck on female only? xD Or does it alternate. I can't seem to get a male chara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:59 am 

rasanagu wrote:
Is it normal for the player models to be stuck on female only? xD Or does it alternate. I can't seem to get a male chara

Currently yes, I'm trying to figure out a way to change between them, without having to create 2 versions of the mod. Since I have to keep recreating the files for males each time, things can get kind of complicated and break.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:19 am 

Is there a male version available for download? :3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:24 am 

rasanagu wrote:
Is there a male version available for download? :3

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nh4ocs3ceaqr6vi/alliance+playermodel+gender.rar

installation instructions included in download.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:11 pm 

Just downloaded and played the mod for around 3 hours so far, I have to say this is absolutely impressive, and the sounds for many of the guns are spot on! I do have a few suggestions if interested, I am not sure if they are do-able

For the Systems Alliance could there be an N7 Armory separation where once you had the proper rank you could gain access to some restricted and very expensive armament? The only other thing I can think of at this point is some custom maps for a campaign but that takes a ton of work.

In conclusion in your mods current state I easily give it a 9/10, very well done sir, Commander Shepherd would be proud.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:49 pm 

Spartan0536 wrote:
Just downloaded and played the mod for around 3 hours so far, I have to say this is absolutely impressive, and the sounds for many of the guns are spot on! I do have a few suggestions if interested, I am not sure if they are do-able

For the Systems Alliance could there be an N7 Armory separation where once you had the proper rank you could gain access to some restricted and very expensive armament? The only other thing I can think of at this point is some custom maps for a campaign but that takes a ton of work.

In conclusion in your mods current state I easily give it a 9/10, very well done sir, Commander Shepherd would be proud.

Thanks. I may create more higher levels weapons in future for each faction. Though I'm kinda running out of weapons that would be thematically accurate to equip Cerberus and Geth with.
As for custom maps, probably not. As you said, it does take a ton of work. I'm a bit too lazy for that. Anyway, I don't know if you could actually add custom maps to a campaign anyway. Maybe when I've got time I'll give it a shot.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:05 pm 

FrankBooth wrote:
rasanagu wrote:

Currently yes, I'm trying to figure out a way to change between them, without having to create 2 versions of the mod. Since I have to keep recreating the files for males each time, things can get kind of complicated and break.

What exactly is the problem here? There's no reliable way to let the player choose their model? If so, probably make a carry_item (those stuff you sell for lots of money, not vests) able to be equipped, and in the faction xml file get it to check if the player has this item equipped and change model accordingly.

FrankBooth wrote:
Spartan0536 wrote:

Thanks. I may create more higher levels weapons in future for each faction. Though I'm kinda running out of weapons that would be thematically accurate to equip Cerberus and Geth with.
As for custom maps, probably not. As you said, it does take a ton of work. I'm a bit too lazy for that. Anyway, I don't know if you could actually add custom maps to a campaign anyway. Maybe when I've got time I'll give it a shot.

Maps are hard to make but I think replacing textures could be a better alternative. Currently the building textures don't look good for most of the mods based on different games. I'd try to make some futuristic building textures myself but then I'm a bit lazy right now.
As for adding maps to campaign, that's most likely impossible. Even if it isn't, you need to change some images/textures/whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:57 pm 

Bredf wrote:
What exactly is the problem here? There's no reliable way to let the player choose their model? If so, probably make a carry_item (those stuff you sell for lots of money, not vests) able to be equipped, and in the faction xml file get it to check if the player has this item equipped and change model accordingly.

That wouldn't work very well though, because each tier of armour has both male and female variants. There'd have to be two of each carry_item, at which point the default soldier would constantly be changing gender models. Also, I couldn't use female names since I'd just have one default soldier, instead of two like the mod does now.
Bredf wrote:
Maps are hard to make but I think replacing textures could be a better alternative. Currently the building textures don't look good for most of the mods based on different games. I'd try to make some futuristic building textures myself but then I'm a bit lazy right now.
As for adding maps to campaign, that's most likely impossible. Even if it isn't, you need to change some images/textures/whatever.

I was thinking of replacing the basic cars with futuristic stuff. That would work well I think. I'm not a texture artist though, so I doubt I can retexture the buildings without it looking horrible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next