It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:18 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 96

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:03 pm 

how many flood models will be there? tho i think its kinda impossible to make the exploding parasite one. i think just the usual humanoid/covenant form will suffice unless there's something else in your mind. all in all i'd just be happy to see a flood faction at all. keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:08 am 

Reclaimer wrote:
how many flood models will be there? tho i think its kinda impossible to make the exploding parasite one. i think just the usual humanoid/covenant form will suffice unless there's something else in your mind. all in all i'd just be happy to see a flood faction at all. keep up the good work!

What i plan on is copying the models for the normal soldiers in the mod from the UNSC and Covenant and giving them more of a flood vibe to them. Making them more gross and terrifying if possible in a top down shooter like this. :P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:45 pm 

you mean like using the original covenant/unsc model but like adding mutated limbs and such?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:31 am 

btw i'm seeing way too many chieftains. if i see 1 running around i usually most of the time see like 5 more behind him. pretty hard to kill too with just standard weaponry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:32 pm 

Awesome update! I find it funny how you recently added the Venator armor :lol: . Besides this I just got the idea that you could probably make a good sticky detonator from the vanilla xm25, which could help the UNSC against the numerous brute shots on the field. Also like what the Reclaimer said, elite troops seem to be bit too common for some reason. Besides brute chieftains I also had a squad of three hayabusa spartans in my last game (although I still had fun with that). It also seems like you nerfed the elite honor guards and rangers, like they don't seem to spawn with vests anymore.

P.S. Once again I tried making a copy of the spartan vest and applying my model to it so I wouldn't be stuck with Master Chief's green, but I still can't even get it to appear. I've added the supposedly correct lines to the UNSC.xml, common_UNSC.resources, common_halo.resources, and the all_carry_items.xml, but it never appears in the armory. The most I could do was replace the model the current vest used, but I don't want to do that. :|

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:23 pm 

~The Venator~ wrote:

P.S. Once again I tried making a copy of the spartan vest and applying my model to it so I wouldn't be stuck with Master Chief's green, but I still can't even get it to appear. I've added the supposedly correct lines to the UNSC.xml, common_UNSC.resources, common_halo.resources, and the all_carry_items.xml, but it never appears in the armory. The most I could do was replace the model the current vest used, but I don't want to do that. :|

So first off what would have to be done is for you to copy the code for the first armor suit.
Code:
<model filename="soldier_Spartan_Player.xml">
         <requirement class="carry_item" slot="1" key="Mjolnir_Spartan-III_Armor.carry_item"/>
      </model>
         <requirement class="carry_item" slot="1" key="vest13_2"/>
      </model>
         <requirement class="carry_item" slot="1" key="vest13_3"/>
      </model>
         <requirement class="carry_item" slot="1" key="vest13_4"/>
      </model>
         <requirement class="carry_item" slot="1" key="vest13_5"/>
      </model>

Then you would have to change the item's name to for example "Mjolnir_Hayabusa_Armor.carry_item" in both the actual item file and also you would have to change the vest #s. Ex "vest13_5" which is when the Spartan armor is down to 20% strength. You have to change it to another number that doesn't conflict with other vests and items. I think 14 and up should work as a number for that. So for example "vest14_0" would be the first vest #, then "vest14_1" and "vest14_2" and so on until all stages of the suit has a new number.

I would continue on but I wonder, did you put the item in the common_UNSC.xml and put enabled="1" at the end of the code? This:
Code:
<carry_item key='Mjolnir_Hayabusa_Armor.carry_item' enabled="1" />

That should allow it to show up in the armory. If it doesn't then touch back with me and I will be glad to help. I think thats the issue though. The info above is for you as well although I think you may of already known that. So I guess others can use it as a form of help if they are struggling.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:40 pm 

Reclaimer wrote:
btw i'm seeing way too many chieftains. if i see 1 running around i usually most of the time see like 5 more behind him. pretty hard to kill too with just standard weaponry

Yeah I need to decrease the spawn probability for them. It was pretty high.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:08 am 

Testpilot14 wrote:
~The Venator~ wrote:

So first off what would have to be done is for you to copy the code for the first armor suit.
Code:
         <requirement class="carry_item" slot="1" key="Mjolnir_Spartan-III_Armor.carry_item"/>
      </model>
         <requirement class="carry_item" slot="1" key="vest13_2"/>
      </model>
         <requirement class="carry_item" slot="1" key="vest13_3"/>
      </model>
         <requirement class="carry_item" slot="1" key="vest13_4"/>
      </model>
         <requirement class="carry_item" slot="1" key="vest13_5"/>
      </model>

Then you would have to change the item's name to for example "Mjolnir_Hayabusa_Armor.carry_item" in both the actual item file and also you would have to change the vest #s. Ex "vest13_5" which is when the Spartan armor is down to 20% strength. You have to change it to another number that doesn't conflict with other vests and items. I think 14 and up should work as a number for that. So for example "vest14_0" would be the first vest #, then "vest14_1" and "vest14_2" and so on until all stages of the suit has a new number.

I would continue on but I wonder, did you put the item in the common_UNSC.xml and put enabled="1" at the end of the code? This:
Code:
<carry_item key='Mjolnir_Hayabusa_Armor.carry_item' enabled="1" />

That should allow it to show up in the armory. If it doesn't then touch back with me and I will be glad to help. I think thats the issue though. The info above is for you as well although I think you may of already known that. So I guess others can use it as a form of help if they are struggling.

Code:
<model filename="soldier_Spartan_4.xml">
         <requirement class="carry_item" slot="1" key="Mjolnir_Spartan-III_Hayabusa_Armor.carry_item"/>
      </model>
         <requirement class="carry_item" slot="1" key="vest14_2"/>
      </model>
         <requirement class="carry_item" slot="1" key="vest14_3"/>
      </model>
         <requirement class="carry_item" slot="1" key="vest14_4"/>
      </model>
         <requirement class="carry_item" slot="1" key="vest14_5"/>
      </model>

This is what I did in the UNSC.xml
Code:
<carry_item key='vest1.carry_item' enabled="1" />
   <carry_item key='vest2.carry_item' enabled="1" />   
   <carry_item key='vest3.carry_item' enabled="0" />
   <carry_item key='Mjolnir_Spartan-III_Armor.carry_item' enabled="1" />
   <carry_item key='Mjolnir_Spartan-III_Hayabusa_Armor.carry_item' enabled="1" />
   <carry_item key='ODST_Armor.carry_item' enabled="1" />
   <carry_item key='ODST_Sniper_Armor.carry_item' enabled="1" />

Same with the commons file. As you can see I previously tried exactly what you said, using 14_#, however it never seems to work.

EDIT: Well, I was a dumbass :lol: . I'm used to using already made quick matches and seeing changes when modifying files, however I began seeing the vest when I ended up starting a whole different match.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:53 pm 

Finished making another model and this time it's the recon armor. I ran into a lot of frustration when trying to remake the helmet, most of the distinguishing details about the armor where so small that it was hard to keep it from looking like a brick. Hopefully you guys like it though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:00 am 

You should update the OP with the new version of the mod, it still has a link to the original version fyi.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next