It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:09 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 61

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:06 am 

when next update roles out, you can give the elites a pulse turret a a weapon (the 200 round plasma turret), this would work well for the call in units.

Also weapon suggestions for covenant units

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Type-25_Dire ... ae_variant
used by: brutes
note: more damage but less ammo then the standard one. (higher kill chance)

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Type-52_Guid ... /Explosive
used by: elites
note: fires 4 sticky explosives that are timed (look at c4 for how to make them sticky)

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Type-27_Spec ... iper_Rifle
used by: elites from drops
note: would have less ammo but deal more damage (1.5 kill chance) then the standard beam rifle.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:38 pm 

Quote:
Yes definitely, I'd love to be able to help you. Sorry for the late response btw. And thanx for the feedback ;)

Awesome, thanks a ton.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:35 pm 

warbrand2 wrote:
when next update roles out, you can give the elites a pulse turret a a weapon (the 200 round plasma turret), this would work well for the call in units.

Also weapon suggestions for covenant units

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Type-25_Dire ... ae_variant
used by: brutes
note: more damage but less ammo then the standard one. (higher kill chance)

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Type-52_Guid ... /Explosive
used by: elites
note: fires 4 sticky explosives that are timed (look at c4 for how to make them sticky)

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Type-27_Spec ... iper_Rifle
used by: elites from drops
note: would have less ammo but deal more damage (1.5 kill chance) then the standard beam rifle.

Alright I will look into them. For the type 25 plasma rifle, I'm just reskinning the gun and will add a new projectile with trail. The Sticky grenade launcher is either shooting one at a time or shooting a 4 round burst then reloading. I can not decide yet on which I will choose(feedback would be nice) The new sniper is one i looked into and will implement but just not now for the time. I'm working on the spartan models and trying to get the stupid melee weapons to work atm. I can't get the energy sword to kill on contact. I'm not sure what to do for it. But when I overcome that issue i can add a gravity hammer with a Brute Chieftain and Elite Generals with energy swords. But for the time being I melee weps r being post-poned sadly.

I do still need to work on the Brute shot and get an actual Plasma Pistol. I don't know why i didnt make that iconic halo weapon before. I took a week break from this mod and lost my interest for a little bit :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:42 pm 

i am deeply in awe of your mod and it's literally my no.1 favorite mod of all. as i was playing most of the map with this mod, there was 1 thing that got in mind. the 3 faction king of the hill map. and i was like "aw man i can't play this" but then i thought of something. another faction. yes that's right: The Flood. i also can't seem to play in campaign with this mod which dissapointed me a little the game and skin loads fine but the weapon? just the smg and knife for the UNSC (i don't know if any of you guys know how to fix that but i sure hope so). man i really appreciate all the hard work, time and creativity put to this and i hope that you won't give up on it. really awesome mod. i just really wish you would be willing to have the flood on the party as to make it traditional. anyways i'll just keep enjoying what there is for now. Great job and good luck on the next update! :geek: :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:16 pm 

Before I even started this mod I set up and road map so to speak. Constantly adding ideas and noting on things that are and are not possible. There were 4 things I stated in my mind that I would work on chronologically.

1. Bare bones of the mod - which basically means weapons and soldier models

2. More detail and balancing with some additions - this includes weapon balancing making soldier and weapon models better and adding new weapons that I couldn't think or that were requested

3. New factions (Flood or Forerunner), Calls, and vehicles

4. Dialogue, adding compatibilty with campaign, and maybe.... just maybe a RWR Halo Map.

I' am between stage 2 and 3 at the moment. I am making a brute shot and other brute weapons, working on names for Covenant, and Calls.

So Flood was something I was planning on doing if this mod was a success(which it seems to be :D ) It will take time though, I can get bare bones of the Flood put out but I do not know if I can add the little parasites, exploding carriers, or infecting other soldiers. They are out of my reach and knowledge of this game(RWR). I may be able to add melee flood soldiers, but for now I will probably just give them different models with weapons. I cannot seem to get the melee weapons to kill soldiers on contact for some reason. So if anybody can help that would be great.

On the basis of the halo map I was brainstorming maps I could remake in game or maybe just making one with some halo esque decorations. Only problem is that there is no way of me finding out how to make a map. I've been told its tedious and very time consuming with layer upon layer of depth and direction you need to know. So a map wont be for a long time sad to say if it does happen.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:46 am 

I wouldn't worry bout the parasites infections and the other stuffs(besides if they can infect their enemies, it'll be A LOT harder to win. I'd just be ecstatic if you could just add the simple humanoid/covenant flood and arming them with for example; kamikaze grenades, standard pistol/smg or the ol' melee attack. Just keep up your awesome work! Oh and mind giving us some ideas on this forerunner faction you're saying? Y'know just curious on what yer planning. Looking forward to it :geek:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:20 pm 

Well the thing is I'm gonna choose between either Flood or Forerunner. I can't do both, or at least not at this time but my main idea was to add the weapons from Halo 4. For one there are weapons sound effects out there for use, which is convenient and I'm probably going to base there bodies off of the archive videos in Halo 4 http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ori ... -forer.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:39 pm 

interesting. so how are you gonna decide? might be true that the flood is too complicated tho.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:13 pm 

Reclaimer wrote:
interesting. so how are you gonna decide? might be true that the flood is too complicated tho.

I feel obligated to make the Flood in this mod. It really is a must have, just animating for them may be time consuming

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:20 am 

The issue with the Covenant dropping RIDICULOUS amounts of loot is still confusing for me. I tried to see if I messed up somewhere. But i couldn't seem to find anything. Only way I can get rid of this issue is to not allow them to drop anything at all. Which would mean no RP for players basically. So if someone could find the issue and tell me it that would be fantastic. Even if you give me ideas of places to look at, that would be helpful as well. Then I can release my new version with ease.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next