It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:36 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 129

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:46 pm 

~The Venator~ wrote:
I've been waiting for a halo mod like this to appear on RwR for a while. The character and weapon models are very well done. I would suggest on making spartans a different color than gray, since it blends too well with the marines and ODSTs. Examples of colors could be Master Chief's green or a random combination of two colors like custom game spartans. Also personally I tried adding the spartan's vest and model to the player's armory, but I still don't quite understand how to modify or add items.

Btw I forgot to mention that the Spartan armor has not exactly been defined. Its actually Vest 3. But I will make that armor for the next update and add it in the armory for about 200 rp. I may make different types of armor with special abilities as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:33 am 

Imo, the spartan laser would be a perfect anti-vehicle secondary weapon for spartans. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:06 pm 

~The Venator~ wrote:
Imo, the spartan laser would be a perfect anti-vehicle secondary weapon for spartans. :D

Thats something I'm maybe possibly working on :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:23 pm 

Testpilot14 wrote:

Yeah, only issue is the possibility of the AT weapon being unlimited but I will tinker with it. Or are you asking for it to be reloaded one at a time? The Saw and Railgun are good ideas, I needed some specific weapons for the Spartans. Now I have to work on special weapons for the Zealots and Generals(coming soon). I just hope Jack or Pasik respond to the question about the model's skeleton soon. If not then I will only be able to make jackals and brutes. Which would still add variety to the Convenant Faction.

How are the other races going to work? Which is to say, how will they be different from each other? Will they be basically just different skins or will they actually function differently? Like if grunts and jackals come in, will Elites spawn less frequently or get more health or something to differentiate them from the "lesser" Covenant?

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:26 pm 

I am guessing testpilot would have something like this

grunts
primary: plasma pistol, needler.
secondary: NA
grenade: plasma grenade
vest: NA

spawn frequency: 1

elites
primary: most plasma weapons
secondary: medkits?
vest: what ever the elites have (probibly a 3 shot vest no notice then a kill level)

spawn frequency 0.25

jackels
primary: either a sniper or a plasma pistol
secondary: riot shield covenent (modified riot shield)
grenade: NA

spawn frequency 0.5

brutes
primary: brute weapons
secodnary: NA
grenade: spike grenades

spawn frequency: 0.25

note it is possible to make faction specific secondaries and grenades, also I would recomend using the designated medic to create UNSC medics for the UNSC.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:21 pm 

warbrand2 wrote:
I am guessing testpilot would have something like this

grunts
primary: plasma pistol, needler.
secondary: NA

spawn frequency: 1

elites
primary: most plasma weapons
secondary: medkits?
vest: what ever the elites have (probibly a 3 shot vest no notice then a kill level)

spawn frequency 0.25

jackels
primary: either a sniper or a plasma pistol
secondary: riot shield covenent (modified riot shield)
grenade: NA

spawn frequency 0.5

brutes
primary: brute weapons
secodnary: NA
grenade: spike grenades

spawn frequency: 0.25

note it is possible to make faction specific secondaries and grenades, also I would recomend using the designated medic to create UNSC medics for the UNSC.

So, Warbrand is spot on :lol: . Everything he said is what i planned. Kinda creepy. The only race I may not make is grunts. I know they are the favorite unit to kill and give comedic relief but I'm worried of all the issues that would arise when working on grunts.
Issues:

Hit box would be affected? Ex. a grunt is short enough to not need to crouch behind cover but when bullets are shot at him they will kill him due to my limits with the model skeleton and it will appear that he is standing straight at the height of an elite.

Animation: I could work on animation for them. Like I said earlier, to make their woddle more fluent and pleasing. But I would have to make new animations for them completely.

My conclusion is that I'm gonna work on a grunt but it may not be ready for some time sadly.

There won't be much issues with the other races at all. So expect an update soon with new races and weapons.

OH also, if you guys have a spartan design that you think would be awesome. I would be happy to make models of them if you post a picture for me to use as reference. I love modeling and then you may have your very own spartan design in game to fight along side you :D .

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:24 pm 

Seraph7996 wrote:
I think that this mod is phenomenal, was very impressed with even the bare bones of it. Out of curiosity, are there any plans to include the other Covenant races? I imagine it would probably be pretty tough to do so I would assume not, but it would be cool if it did happen.

Imagine if it was a custom campaign

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:28 pm 

I've been messing around with the voxel editor lately and I might try my hand on making a spartan hayabusa model. If it turns out alright I'll send to you if you want to use it.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:23 pm 

~The Venator~ wrote:
I've been messing around with the voxel editor lately and I might try my hand on making a spartan hayabusa model. If it turns out alright I'll send to you if you want to use it.

Hell yea! I will take most if not all community made items. I will polish it as well if need unless told otherwise. So tell me if you do or don't want me to tinker or polish it.

Just PM me it in .rar if possible. I would love to make the Spartans have names in honor of the designer. Which I think I might do if others want that.

Last edited by Testpilot14 on Sat May 30, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:25 pm 

PyroMoose wrote:
Seraph7996 wrote:
I think that this mod is phenomenal, was very impressed with even the bare bones of it. Out of curiosity, are there any plans to include the other Covenant races? I imagine it would probably be pretty tough to do so I would assume not, but it would be cool if it did happen.

Imagine if it was a custom campaign

Pasik told me a while back how to change a mod to run on Campaign. I feel that I should wait on that until the mod has more to do though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next