It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 48 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 123

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:48 pm 

New Update! Halo Mod v1

Things added:

Convenant:
races-
Brutes
Jackals

weapons:
Spiker

UNSC:

Medic class
- they have a distinctive red cross on their armor for convenience

4 New armor sets for Spartans
EOD
EVA
2 Mark II (Master Chief style)
-more to come

Weapons:

-Spartan Laser
The Spartan Laser was a pain to get working properly. I had to decide if it would be efficient in killing vehicles or soldiers and I chose vehicles to add more variety. But it still can kill soldiers, it tends to miss some though or phase through them. So have patience with it at occasions.

-Saw LMG

These are both Spartan specific weapons but can be picked up for a fair amount of cash or use

Mjolnir Spartan Armor
- gives you a green Master Chief armor set

FYI ignore the Spiker's image when you have it equipped I am trying to get the pesky white background erased.

I hope you enjoy this update everyone, worked hard on it when I had time. Feedback is always wanted, helps me improve this mod and make it as perfect as it can be. :)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/daosm ... Mod+v1.rar

-I figured I'd post this again so people that didn't notice the edit to the front page would realize the new update.-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:46 pm 

some suggestions for the next update.

give the socom version of the pistol to the UNSC soldiers as well as the normal version.

Also the link is broken.(on this page not on first page)

EDIT

ok did some play testing as UNSC, got some things to note some of this is stuff I should have brought up in first release.

first off UNSC weapons

the main assault rifle has a 60 round mag, when in halo lore only the first version had that big of a mag, the "modern" ones have the 32 round mag. (mostly cause of balance in game the 60 round mag is to much especially with the RWR damage model)

the suppressed SMG should be limited to ODST drops with the none supressed version being given to the standard soldiers. (to limit weapons more as the UNSC have a lot of guns)

next off other things

you can change the character names and team color in teh faction file so I would suggest you change the covenents naming system and their color to purple. (really likeing the jackels by the way)

also covenent are droping loot items way to often I mean every soldier is dropping a loot item so you may want to cut that back, you can also add faction specific grenades if I remember right so, changing the hand grenades for the factions would be a good idea... look at spartain strike for good examples of grenades, as it has many of the halo lore explosives.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:44 pm 

warbrand2 wrote:
some suggestions for the next update.

give the socom version of the pistol to the UNSC soldiers as well as the normal version.

Also the link is broken.(on this page not on first page)

EDIT

ok did some play testing as UNSC, got some things to note some of this is stuff I should have brought up in first release.

first off UNSC weapons

the main assault rifle has a 60 round mag, when in halo lore only the first version had that big of a mag, the "modern" ones have the 32 round mag. (mostly cause of balance in game the 60 round mag is to much especially with the RWR damage model)

the suppressed SMG should be limited to ODST drops with the none supressed version being given to the standard soldiers. (to limit weapons more as the UNSC have a lot of guns)

next off other things

you can change the character names and team color in teh faction file so I would suggest you change the covenents naming system and their color to purple. (really likeing the jackels by the way)

also covenent are droping loot items way to often I mean every soldier is dropping a loot item so you may want to cut that back, you can also add faction specific grenades if I remember right so, changing the hand grenades for the factions would be a good idea... look at spartain strike for good examples of grenades, as it has many of the halo lore explosives.

I made the damage for the Assault Rifle quite low. In the 20s i believe for 2 reasons, to give the feeling of how outmatched and outgunned the UNSC were to the Covies and to make the enemies seem stronger. Thats why the clip is 60

I do need to change the Covenant colors, purple sounds great as well.

The Enemies dropping the massive amount of loot is really odd. I noticed it when i was testing my additions. I found it funny and ridiculous. I do need to fix that as well.

My only setback on the grenades is the effects for the plasma grenade. I feel that i could make a copy of the smoke effect used by grenades and make it blue but im not certain if it would work.

I was thinking about adding the normal SMG in game and was thinking if it was possible for dual weilding(for the Spartans) but I thought that it might not be to important. I made the Silenced version available to players for stealth reasons. Although i did forget to make a call for ODSTs with silenced weapons. So that will have to be done soon.

Also on the basis of team names. I have no clue what to name Covenant soldiers. I would obviously make different .txt files for each races with names but don't know if they really had many names. Maybe I will use the system identical to the names given to the zombies by Luck of Duck(or maybe The Soldier)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:13 am 

Well for Covenant names there are quite a few if you know where to look. The halo wiki and a couple books mention names, like for example the Arbiter from halo 2-3 is actually named Thel 'Vadamee.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:34 am 

on the assualt rifle, even if it has .20 kill chance (which it should be higher anyway) 60 is excesive for any common AR as it allows the AI to use it like an LMG causing a more defensive deadlock.

best to lower it down to the 32 (lore friendly that way) and up the kill chance to like .45

also 0.20 (20%) kill chance is not that low for a weapon, there is a gun coming in next update that has that low of kill chance yet it is a beast do to a 200 round mag. kill chance is off set by ammo and fire rate this means a high rate of fire high mag but low kill chance weapon can and likely will be better then a low rate of fire low ammo gun with a moderate kill chance.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:58 pm 

Here's some stuff from the Halo Nation wiki that could help with naming. I also found a random name generator that does halo species names so I've got some example names from that.

Jackals -"Kig-Yar names usually consist of a single syllable, with two consonants and one vowel, such as Yeg, Jak and Bok."
Kor
Both
Dod
Jox
Nix

Grunts - "Unggoy often have names which reflect a language of very simple phonics. Common names, such as Yayap and Dadab, begins with a reduplicated consonant and consist of two syllables. Other names consist of a single syllable with clusters of consonants, such as "Flim". Often, their names are palindromes, such as Zawaz."
Pizis
Lumus
Zumuk
Pikip
Dumuk
Dipfluw
Dadzuk
Plik
Klis
Flul

Elites - "Sangheili names are constructed from a series of parts, each of them with a specific or special meaning.This name is made up of three parts: an adjectival descriptor, such as "fast" or "deadly," a crèche or family name, and the "-ee" suffix, an honorific indicating that the Sangheili is a military participant."
Mrasan 'Sutumee
Kosan 'Komaee
Dero 'Regamee
Zado 'Vofamee
Vil 'Sacamee
Codo 'Mofumee
Fyko 'Nragramee
Rovu 'Tutamee
Vesa 'Hacamee
Il 'Koromee

Brutes - "Most known Jiralhanae have Latin-sounding names, such as Tartarus and Bracktanus. In Contact Harvest, it is revealed that the "-us" at the end of their name is an honor denoting maturity or experience in battle (similar to the "-ee" suffix on Sangheili's names.) However, it is possible that different naming conventions are used among different tribes, as evidenced by the names of Gargantum and Parabum."
Prynurgeum
Cryktaeus
Bribbasis
Vyrkyeum
Prirneius
Wargameum
Crossykius
Lurtimeum
Sarmius
Brusysius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:27 pm 

Seraph7996 wrote:
Here's some stuff from the Halo Nation wiki that could help with naming. I also found a random name generator that does halo species names so I've got some example names from that.

Jackals -"Kig-Yar names usually consist of a single syllable, with two consonants and one vowel, such as Yeg, Jak and Bok."
Kor
Both
Dod
Jox
Nix

Grunts - "Unggoy often have names which reflect a language of very simple phonics. Common names, such as Yayap and Dadab, begins with a reduplicated consonant and consist of two syllables. Other names consist of a single syllable with clusters of consonants, such as "Flim". Often, their names are palindromes, such as Zawaz."
Pizis
Lumus
Zumuk
Pikip
Dumuk
Dipfluw
Dadzuk
Plik
Klis
Flul

Elites - "Sangheili names are constructed from a series of parts, each of them with a specific or special meaning.This name is made up of three parts: an adjectival descriptor, such as "fast" or "deadly," a crèche or family name, and the "-ee" suffix, an honorific indicating that the Sangheili is a military participant."
Mrasan 'Sutumee
Kosan 'Komaee
Dero 'Regamee
Zado 'Vofamee
Vil 'Sacamee
Codo 'Mofumee
Fyko 'Nragramee
Rovu 'Tutamee
Vesa 'Hacamee
Il 'Koromee

Brutes - "Most known Jiralhanae have Latin-sounding names, such as Tartarus and Bracktanus. In Contact Harvest, it is revealed that the "-us" at the end of their name is an honor denoting maturity or experience in battle (similar to the "-ee" suffix on Sangheili's names.) However, it is possible that different naming conventions are used among different tribes, as evidenced by the names of Gargantum and Parabum."
Prynurgeum
Cryktaeus
Bribbasis
Vyrkyeum
Prirneius
Wargameum
Crossykius
Lurtimeum
Sarmius
Brusysius

Sweet thanx for the names

I wonder if its possible to make faction specific dialogue and death sounds

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:26 pm 

actually it is, there is a dialog file some where.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:22 pm 

Death sounds I'm not sure about.

For faction dialogue, use the "default.character" file. Make a copy for each faction, and adjust the lines appropriately.

To then attach the "character" file to the appropriate faction, go into your faction XMLs, and replace the "default.character" line in your soldier groups with the desired "character" file.

----------------------------------------------------

Also wanted to say, wonderful job on your mod. It's fun as hell to play UNSC and only give your team a single base.

I wanted to also ask you if I could use your Fuel Rod particle effect for some explosives in my mod (that being Running with XCOM.) I've been trying to get trails attached to explosives forever and I could never figure it out. You'll receive full credit, of course.

Thanks, and wonderful work!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:57 am 

Ramsoos wrote:
Death sounds I'm not sure about.

For faction dialogue, use the "default.character" file. Make a copy for each faction, and adjust the lines appropriately.

To then attach the "character" file to the appropriate faction, go into your faction XMLs, and replace the "default.character" line in your soldier groups with the desired "character" file.

----------------------------------------------------

Also wanted to say, wonderful job on your mod. It's fun as hell to play UNSC and only give your team a single base.

I wanted to also ask you if I could use your Fuel Rod particle effect for some explosives in my mod (that being Running with XCOM.) I've been trying to get trails attached to explosives forever and I could never figure it out. You'll receive full credit, of course.

Thanks, and wonderful work!

Yes definitely, I'd love to be able to help you. Sorry for the late response btw. And thanx for the feedback ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next