It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:57 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 64

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:11 pm 

Quote:
There's probably a way to include a map_config for every map but I wasn't sure how.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can add a "maps" folder in the mod file, and then take the map folders from vanilla, strip them down to their "map_config.xml," and then adjust the XML for each map.

For example, you'd have

Running with the Dead>maps>map4>map_config.xml

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:45 pm 

Ramsoos wrote:
Quote:
There's probably a way to include a map_config for every map but I wasn't sure how.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can add a "maps" folder in the mod file, and then take the map folders from vanilla, strip them down to their "map_config.xml," and then adjust the XML for each map.

For example, you'd have

Running with the Dead>maps>map4>map_config.xml

I actually sorta did this to see if it would work.
I created a maps folder, and put the following folders in:
map1
map3
map5
they are all empty folders, i just put the map_config folder and the init_match folder in them. works on those maps(i just picked the ones with 3way battles, i'll try to do it with Black Gold Estuary and the desert map next).

However the vehicles of your mod worked on both map 5(Bootleg Islands) and on Map 3(old Fort Creek). Playing as the survivors on Map3, I seemed to be the only one, all Ai troops were either Bandit, Army, or Zombie. When playing as other factions, there didn't appear to be any AI Survivors. Map5 played normal

Last edited by Tankhunter on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:16 am 

I do have a question about vehicles. I decided to make a smaller version of the HQ and a larger version of the cover deploy that is good for blocking infantry flow and vehicles(although not used by AI). But I was wondering if there is a line of code for rotating turrets defined? I am using cover deploys and other objects that aren't actually weapons but placed in the turret slot to make the buildables look more appealing. But I can't seem to figure out how to rotate turrets. And on a side note I can't find the texture for the barbed wire either.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:30 am 

Can't really grasp what you're trying to do with the Turret slot thing.. probably better to just make a building the normal way. Max turret rotation is controlled in the vehicle files.

No idea about the Barbed Wire texture. You could try Concrete.png as it's used by a few things.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:36 pm 

Tremozl wrote:
Can't really grasp what you're trying to do with the Turret slot thing.. probably better to just make a building the normal way. Max turret rotation is controlled in the vehicle files.

No idea about the Barbed Wire texture. You could try Concrete.png as it's used by a few things.

Alright I will try the concrete.png I'm guessing the normal way is by using a 3D modeler. Which is what I have issues using. That is the main reason I'm trying this instead of making a building the normal way.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:46 pm 

Probably the best zombie mod out there. (Although i do like the soldiers too) its really intense and changes the gameplay alot! But i dont know why you said it only works on moorland trenches? Because i can play it on any map and it works fine. :D
:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:42 pm 

Hey,how do i get this into my game?(i play on steam,as adriancars22)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:09 pm 

DonutLose22 wrote:

Download the file. Then, go to your overlays folder (I use Linux so the path is different, so I will just do the latter part) /Steam/steamapps/common/RunningWithRifles/media/overlays/
Now, put the file you downloaded in there. Extract it, then launch rwr. Start a quickmatch, pick your map, press 'Setup Mods' and find the one with the name of this mod. Turn it on, then setup your preferred options and start the match, then finally have fun!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:13 pm 

Warlord33 wrote:
DonutLose22 wrote:

Download the file. Then, go to your overlays folder (I use Linux so the path is different, so I will just do the latter part) /Steam/steamapps/common/RunningWithRifles/media/overlays/
Now, put the file you downloaded in there. Extract it, then launch rwr. Start a quickmatch, pick your map, press 'Setup Mods' and find the one with the name of this mod. Turn it on, then setup your preferred options and start the match, then finally have fun!

I cant find a running with rifles file.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:59 pm 

DonutLose22 wrote:
Warlord33 wrote:
DonutLose22 wrote:

I cant find a running with rifles file.

What do you mean? what running with rifles file? Do you mean folder.
Something that may work is; Start up steam. Then, right click on Running With Rifles and select Properties. Press Browse local files. Go into /media/overlays/ And insert the 'Running with the Dead' file there. Right click on that and press 'Extract Here'. Now, launch Running With Rifles. Start a quickmatch, pick your map, press 'Setup Mods' and find the one with the name of this mod. Turn it on, then setup your preferred options and start the match, then finally have fun!

Or you could watch this tutoria: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMEh-thAsEEl that was located here: viewforum.php?f=7

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next