It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:51 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 55 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 149

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:20 am 

I am waiting for the release tommorow!!!

HYPE TRAIN!

P.S.

About the paid mods i would gladly pay 1$-1.50$ for a decent mod (such as this one)mEven if it is work in progress

Depending on the payment method of course! (Paypal)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:31 am 

Uploaded on the front page. Please read the 'need to know' stuff; it basically details how to best enjoy the mod.

I don't plan on updating it in the future. Some of the features would not be possible to implement fully or fix up with the current mod system. There are some balance problems too, like being able to eventually propagate so many 'basecamps' that your army outnumbers the Zombies.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:56 pm 

Tremozl wrote:
Uploaded on the front page. Please read the 'need to know' stuff; it basically details how to best enjoy the mod.

I don't plan on updating it in the future. Some of the features would not be possible to implement fully or fix up with the current mod system. There are some balance problems too, like being able to eventually propagate so many 'basecamps' that your army outnumbers the Zombies.

I just want to say thanks for creating this mod. I was playing it for 3 hours straight and it totally changed the feel of the game. Just fighting those Hordes of zombies was a lot of fun, even if in the end all the survivors died.
About the basecamps. Yes you can outnumber the zombies, but it takes a lot time to get to that point. I just got outnumbered by the zombies while trying to get the basecamps going. Maybe hordes of zombies will attack you more frequent with each base camp built ?
Is it possible to add some more zombie types. Something like a Horde leader or a range type zombie. This mod has a lot of potentional and i hope you will continue developing it. Atleast making it playable on all maps would be nice.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:13 pm 

There should be 6 different zombie types. The high health ones are fairly rare. Most common are the walker and the runner.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:11 pm 

Tremozl wrote:
There should be 6 different zombie types. The high health ones are fairly rare. Most common are the walker and the runner.

Yeah, saw all of them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:55 pm 

This mod is so awesome! I love fending off the hordes as the military while driving with a humvee, its so enjoyable to do. Tremozl if you need any help with this mod feel free to PM me. I would be glad to help :D .

Also quick question. I believe I know how you changed the vehicle that spawns for the military to a humvee. But are you aware if its possible to add more vehicles for a faction?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:55 pm 

It is possible to add more vehicles as I just disabled most of them from the regular game. You could technically re-enable any vehicle and replace it with something different; all that really matters is that the 'type' of vehicle dictates it's spawn point relative to the original map layout.

If you would like to develop the mod further, feel free to. I don't have time to keep working on it but if you want to make additions I'd be more than happy to post them on the front page + give credit.

There were some things I unfortunately was not able to do when working on the mod. These would have made it be 'fully functional.'

1) Enable it to work on any map
2) Enable Human AI to use Vehicles and MGs, while Zombies won't
3) Disable Zombies from getting sandbags for some wierd reason
4) Enable primary weapons to spawn in crates in Zombie territory, giving reason to raid them
5) This is probably possible but I never got around to it - enabling Decoration Cars (the ones you always see on the map but can't drive) to be able to be driven
6) Provide a solution to Friendly / Enemy capacity with Zombies - currently if you change the value once you load up a map it overrides all the proper capacities.
7) Having a total Max Capacity for Basecamps for a faction (say max 10 active camps)
8) Having Infected referred to as 'Infected' instead of 'Neutral' by the Commanders
9) Potentially having Infected be playable by humans, of course without being able to pick up firearms or drive vehicles etc... which is the only reason I disabled that

I think it actually does work on a few other maps but I never checked which ones.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:26 pm 

Well it seems the only thing that would conflict with the spawns and the reason why certain maps don't work is that you named the Military Humvee "tank.vehicle". I kinda wonder what vehicle name we could use universally to allow the vehicles to spawn and be compatible with each map. If we did "jeep" it would spawn way to many faction special vehicles and will cause unbalance in game (If me or you can figure out how to allow AI to use vehicles of course).

I may have to figure out how to change map layout spawns. Although I have no clue where to start. Only Jack or Pasik could help me it seems on this issue.

I don't think I will take this mod in and work on it a whole bunch. I have my other 2 mods, well really one now that I need to keep focus on.

Although the HQs you added are really awesome. I could never figure out how to set up a spawnpoint that spawns AI and Players. I only knew of the flare and how it spawns only players. So now I can put my FOB concept to work :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:30 pm 

Actually the lack of function from the maps is because of my map_config.xml using:

<include_layer name="layer1.default" />
<include_layer name="bases.default" />

Not all maps have files with those names so it ends up not working on (any map without that.) Usually it's the special gamemode maps (like King of the Hill maps or whatever) which have different 'layer' or 'bases' names.

There's probably a way to include a map_config for every map but I wasn't sure how.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:34 pm 

AAAHHHH. I was wrong then, woops :oops: . I don't have a clue either. We need a light signal identical to calling batman so we can summon the devs! Someone needs to design that :) .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next