It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:52 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 40 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 26

All times are UTC

Post subject: Running with the Dead
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:47 pm 

Hey folks,

This mod was only a work-in-progress and I'm pretty much abandoning development. If anyone wants to take over send me a message.

There are 4 factions: Survivors, Bandits, Military, and Infected (the Infected cannot be controlled by players.)
Each faction is highly unique, with different numbers of total Soldiers , different gear available, and different survivability.

NEED TO KNOW:
-It only works on Moorland Trenches
-Do not change the Enemy / Friendly capacities if you want to actually enjoy the mod. You can still change overall "Soldier" count.

Download Link

Gameplay Video

Quote:
The Survivors are tough, hardened, and know how to keep alive. They have high health, but are low in numbers; and their weapons are not particularly phenomenal.
They will have to scavenge to get better gear from the Bandits and Military. Their vehicle is a pickup truck with a few seats for passengers. For Bandits and Military, it is worth hunting Survivors due to their high loot-drop rate, and they also get Impact Pipe Bombs which (needless to say) are much better than Grenades when facing Infected. They are the only faction that can become wounded and actually utilize the medical kits.

The Bandits are well-equipped, and they have good numbers. They may not have as thick a skin as Survivors, but they pack some of the meanest gear around; ranging from AKs to full-auto Glocks, Desert Eagles, and the devastating AA-12. Their vehicle is a pickup with a mounted .50cal MG, and sometimes an AI-controlled 'Bandit Grenadier' will spawn with an MGL-140 Grenade Launcher or an AA-12 with Frag rounds.

The Military have the best gear available, and are the most prepared to hold off the Hordes of the Infected. However, as a Survivor or Bandit, you'll be out to get these guys for their gear. With large numbers of M16s and other automatics, they can also purchase Light MGs, the Barrett M107, and the M134 Minigun. At a high enough rank, they can call in a Jet Airstrike to blow sh*t up. They also get two vehicles; the Jeep and the Humvee.

The Infected are extremely numerous, attacking in massive groups and mindlessly charging their targets. They tend to have fairly high health, and come in a large variety of shapes and sizes. There are a few categories of Infected:

-Normal ol' Walker - Medium health and normal run speed. Best dealt with Semi or Automatic weapons. Their exact health and speed vary from zombie to zombie.
-"Very recently Infected" - extremely low health, but very fast run speed. Any weapon will deal with these guys, but you don't want to be caught prone reloading your LMG with them guys charging you. 9mm Pistols are your friend here.
-Brute - high health and a bit slow. Not a huge threat if you're toting an Automatic.
-Riot Brute - higher health than the regular Brute, same speed. These guys absorb a fair amount of punishment before going down.
-Bloated - extremely high health but very, very slow. Basically a bullet sponge - they are a nuisance to deal with when facing them combined with a Horde.
-"Unstoppable" - extremely high health and normal speed. These guys are the biggest threat around, but they're fairly rare to encounter. You'll need a lot of Automatic fire, or a few rounds of .50 cal to take this hulking mass of flesh down.

There are tons of new weapons, sound FX, and soldier models in the mod. Even the regular guns from RWR have new sounds, statistics, and often have had other components updated (such as icon, model, etc...) You can see some of these in the demonstration video.

Zombie animations are by The Soldier.

Cool things that are also new and some things you may be interested in knowing:
-Deployable Basecamps act as a Spawn Point and give your faction an additional 10 soldiers to defend it.
-Deployable Armoury does what it says on the tin. Good to combine with a Basecamp or two.
-AI can use Pistols.
-To give people more health, they automatically spawn with a "Vest" and can buy them at the Armoury for free (if you can survive long enough to get there after losing yours.)
-Military uses fairly historically accurate US Army uniforms. Infected use few models from each Faction to make a few "Former Survivor / Former Soldier etc" models.
-Nicknames added to possible name lists; such as "Flatfoot" Jones or "Crater-face" Bennett.

Known issues:
-I had to disable AI from using Vehicles and MGs otherwise the Zombies use them too. (However if you hop in a Vehicle they will still join you :))
-Zombies can (on an extremely rare occasion) spawn with Sandbags / Cover deploy.
-The mod only supports Moorland Trenches at the moment.
-There are some balance issues, such as when Humans deploy too many Basecamps they get too many Soldiers and propagate ridiculously fast.
-No primary weapons spawn in crates in Infected-controlled Territory.
-Changing the 'Friendly / Enemy Capacity' settings completely messes up the balance of the Infected to Humans.
-Infected are referred to as "Neutral"; this is necessary to disable them from being a playable faction.

Weapon List:
Spoiler:

-Crossbow
-R700
-M1 Garand
-M14 EBR
-M107

-AR15
-M16A3
-M16A3/Scope
-M4A1
-M4A1/Scope
-AKs74u
-AK47
-AKM

-M249
-AR15/LMG
-M240B
-M2HB HMG
-M134 Minigun

-MP5
-P90
-MAC-10/SD

-M1883
-Mossberg 500
-Remington 870
-SPAS-12
-M1014
-AA-12
-AA-12/Frag Rounds

-Beretta M9
-M1911
-Glock 17
-M29 .44 Magnum
-Glock 18c
-Desert Eagle

-M79 Grenade Launcher
-MGL-140

Last edited by Tremozl on Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:36 am, edited 10 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:12 pm 

I think the animations are mine, I don't remember Luck of Duck making anything like that. I remember making the bashing animation for the zombies, anyway. Just a correction. :P

That aside, it's a pretty good mod. More realistic than the other zombie mods (mine included).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:50 pm 

Oh, my appologies. I'll correct that.

Last edited by Tremozl on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:20 am 

A word of warning - there's a reason why your thread on mods for sale has gotten no replies yet. Nearly everyone I know is completely against this idea that Steam has made up. And, being honest here, that's lessened our opinion of you. It's against the very idea and soul of modding. If you jump on that bandwagon, don't expect much friendliness or respect from us. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:34 am 

[Conversation continued in different thread]

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:51 am 

You mentioned a "hero" unit for the bandits(the grenadier). I had an idea for a Military one. A soldier carrying a man-portable minigun. Either that or a military equivalent of the bandit grenadier, armed with a M32 MGL. Maybe a highly accurate AI sniper with a hunting rifle could be the Survivors' "hero" unit
I've also had ideas for other weapons. A Mk.19 GMG emplacement for the military, and a flamethrower for the bandits, who'd probably have no qualms using the old and morally-questionable weapon against humans and the running dead alike.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:07 am 

At least one of those weapons you've listed above is being added to the vanilla game. Which one, you can only guess. ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:50 am 

I like those weapon / hero ideas.

Also I'll probably release a test version soon, but it will probably only work on Moorland trenches.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:52 pm 

I cant wait for this mod to be released!!! RELEASE IT ALREADY!

The hype is real!

Send me a link????? (Download of the mod???)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:44 pm 

I'll try and upload it soon. However I haven't worked on it much since I posted about it; it basically only works on Moorland Trenches (otherwise crashes.) Still quite fun, especially with a few friends :)

I'll see about that tomorrow.