It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:18 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 49 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 131

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:18 am 

Running With Rifles TMOD WIP

0.5 - For the 0.5 release I am working on many new sound files, artillery vehicles as well as more tweaks.

Hi everyone my name is Tzuridis and I very much enjoy this game so I decided to make a mod called the “TMOD”. My inspiration for the mod comes from another game I also very much enjoy which is the game Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. I am attempting to make a mod somewhat similar to PR but not the same. This doesnt mean I will do everything listed but if something is not possible I can usually found a work around. If even that is not possible then it will not be implemented.

Anyway here is a list of the few things I plan to do with this mod:

Loadout
• Many more weapons will be available to be bought from the armory. 100% Completed
• Base building items such as sandbags, mgs, mortars, tows etc will be vital for protecting positions at the start of the game, rp cost changed. 100% Completed
• There is a plan on implementing a vehicle repair station as a buyable item to be placed. 0% Completed
• Mortars & mgs will have a much further firing range. 100% Completed
• Some weapons now have a slight movement speed reductions (was basically already implemented) 100% Completed

Spawn Truck & Armory Truck
• Both of the trucks will play a vital role in every match, other than the main base the spawn truck will be the only other spawn access points on the map. So it will be very important to keep these vehicles from being destroyed and it would be vital to put them in strategic locations for spawning. This will encourage players to build a forward operating base (FOB) or defensive bases around the two trucks to protect them. 75% Completed
• Both vehicles and the Comms truck will have a moderate respawn time & destroying these vehicles will grant a large RP bonus. 100% Completed

Injury & Kill Ratio
• Injury chances will be greatly increased to promote teamwork and the medic kit will have more “charges”. Vest I lowers movement speed but after 1 kill shot the user will become "wounded", high chance for players & ai to spawn with it as well. 2 RP cost at armory. 100% Completed

Vehicles & Weapons
• Tanks – much stronger armor as grenades will barely do damage tanks. The main turrent has a great area of effect and the main turrent gunner also has access to a machine gun as a secondary weapon and range/respawn time is greatly increased. 90% Completed
• APCs - much stronger armor as grenades will do less damage APC’s. The main turrent has a great area of effect and the main turrent gunner also has access to a machine gun as a secondary weapon and range/respawn time is greatly increased. Also APCs cane move in water. 90% Completed
• Humvees – speed and the machine gun’s range is increased. 100% Completed
• Anti-Tank Weapon damage will be increased and rp cost will increase. 100% Completed

Supply Drops
• APC drop. 100% Completed
• Air Strike can be called in for “precision”strikes. 100% Completed

Insurgency Game Mode (Maybe)
• The insurgency game mode is inspired from the project reality BF2 mod. In this mode a series of weapon caches will randomly appear 2 at a time on the map for a total of 7 caches. One team will defend the caches and one team will search to destroy the caches. The victory conditions for both teams differ, the team seeking the weapons caches must destroy them to claim victory and the team seeking the caches can build a FOB.
The team defending the caches must simply defend the caches until a timer runs out or a certain amount of enemies have been killed. Also the team defending the weapon caches can spawn at the caches and the caches will act as an armory. 5% Completed

0.4 Release 4/17/2015

Everything above is included as well as the campaign mode. Whats not included are all of the edited maps/spawn points, insurgency mode, sub torrents, & vehicle repair. Later on I will add many more things to the mod that are not listed above, like new weapons such as heavy anti-tank (HAT) weapons, new sounds etc.

0.4 - Campaign fix
0.3 - Updates to tanks, apcs, spawn trucks, armory trucks, vests, c4, ap mines, claymores, shotgun commonness reduced, edited most of the spawn points on all maps.
0.2 - Fixed an AI bug

Download:

https://www.mediafire.com/?ed2j338vlrb65qx

Thank you for reading and if you have any suggestions or questions please feel free to leave them below.

- Tzuridis

Last edited by Tzuridis on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:28 am, edited 46 times in total.

Post subject: Re: TMOD WIP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:36 pm 

Awesome idea man! this game has huge potential for mods like this which focus on realism and tactical gameplay. keep up the good work, i hope an early version will be available soon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:29 pm 

Hey thanks for the interest, Id thought Id show you some of the the things I have been working on.

http://imgur.com/a/d2lGz#0

I have been trying to finish up vehicles for the 0.1 release but I have gotten stuck. I have managed to make it so that APC's can go in the water, can steer and move etc. but once the vehicle stops in the water it can no longer move. I might have to scratch this off as something that will be included for 0.1 because I cant seem to figure it out.

I also am stuck at applying a second torrent for mg's & trying to make apcs/tanks/mgs etc. reload, its easy to limit their ammunition to 120 rounds or something so they can not continuously fire but I havnt figured out yet how to make them reload.

Completed the apc drop & the air strike call and edited mortar and artillery spread, call time etc.

- Update 4/14/15 - APC's can now steer and move around in water. Sub-torrents & vehicle reloading is still something I havnt figured out or is not possible so when implemented it will just have to place another gunner for main torrent machine guns in tanks & apcs and keep ammunition unlimited.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:32 pm 

Turrets can only be attached to the vehicle itself and not another turret. And as far as I know you can't have reloading vehicle weapons. I feel your pain. :(

~ * ~ * G R E Y * ~ * ~ * P R I D E * ~ * ~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:39 pm 

Yea it stinks, hopefully the devs include support for sub turrents and reloading vehicles in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
- Update 4/14/15 - APC's can now steer and move around in water. Sub-torrents & vehicle reloading is still something I havnt figured out or is not possible so when implemented it will just have to place another gunner for main torrent machine guns in tanks & apcs and keep ammunition unlimited.

Single gunner can be made to control several turrets, if that helps.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:30 pm 

Alright thanks Im gonna put that as like the second to last thing to do right before the game mode insurgency, so that will be on hold for now. First Im going to work on spawn points, which Im guessing to edit it I have to edit map spawns in inkscape.