All times are UTC

Do you like the new models?
YES 58%  58%  [ 11 ]
NO 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
NEEDS MORE 37%  37%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 19
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:09 pm 

@Avoh
You don't need anything that's in the base game in your mod. Just so long it's mentioned in the appropriate .xml file (vehicle weapons, for example, if you've enabled vehicles), it's fine. The way you have it in your mod right now is fine (the latest verson, at least).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:32 am 

***4/10/2015***

Currently working on making more weapons, all future weapons will be considered rares in the game. I'm going to try working on a loot system akin to diablo 3... common, uncommon, rare, etc. Gives players something to actually look for... (bloodshot eyes)

Currently have 3 new rocket launchers, 3 new grenade launchers, 1 new smg, 1 sniper, 1 assault rifle, 1 battle rifle, 1 lmg, retextured/modeled grenades and the knife, working on the first set of shotguns now (won't be rares).

I've given up on the campaign script for now, the example pasik gave allows my mod to be "SEEN" in custom campaign and then when you try playing it all it'll do is pause your game for a bit. Nothing wrong in the script according to his example... probably something retarded again... like the name of the mod folder...

Uhhh... Tried downloading ink w/e to make custom maps, didn't go well, not doing that for awhile.

I think that's it? Next update won't be until i get probably 2 more of every weapon made and probably two new infantry models.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:18 am 

OK, some balance concerns here after putting an honest 2 hours into a single battle on Moorland Trenches. There are FAR TOO MANY sniper rifles and machine guns on the battlefield, especially the Senuva with it's maddening rate of fire and crouch fire ability, and there's also too few SMGs to balance it all out.

Number one - make the Senuva prone-fire, or nerf it some other way for god's sake. This thing is OP as hell with that massive rate of fire and the ability to instantly fire it (since crouching takes no time). Side note - perhaps make the HER-55 have walking fire, e.g. fire on the move? It's got the slowest rate of fire among all the MGs, might be a nice way to make up for it.

Number two: sniper rifles are everywhere. With the ability to one-shot any soldier, this thing quickly gets boring after being on the receiving end a countless number of times. To make this better, I suggest reducing the sight range bonus down to 1.4 or 1.5 - 2.0 is just too huge a range for it to be balanced - and reduce the commoness value. I think the APT-200 in particular from Bastion is everywhere (and yes indeed it is, it's 10 times more common than the other sniper rifles, at .01 rather than .001)

SMGs are nice little weapons, I'd just like to see them more on the battlefield. Nothing too important.

...Custom maps? Don't even think about it. I've been cracking at a map for about 6 months now and it's getting nowhere. Although I do have some good news - the initial setup and height map is the most infuriating. I suggest that you make the heightmap in some image editor like Paint.NET or GIMP. However, lay out the roads, road dividers, map bases, and just about everything else in Inkscape. This is by far the most time consuming (placing down more than 1200 trees on one map wasn't fun, all in lines), but it easier on the mind. I've got a basic map skeleton if you'd like to use it as a base - all you really have to do to make you own map is to change the height map and add your stuff in. I'd rather save a poor soul than let him suffer. :/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:26 am 

Alright, been sick the past two days... Managed to get my new models, rebalance the weapons, implement my rare weapons and altered the drop system, etc

SMG's, LMG's, battle rifles, sniper rifles have all been rebalanced.

Sniper rifles: Visual range nerf back to vanilla-ish numbers, decreased kill-chance from 6.0+ to 3.0 max.
SMG: buffed/nerfed fire rates, accuracy, recoil, kill chance (0.4 kill chance iirc).
LMG: Accuracy changes (now about .10 less than assault rifles), recoil nerf, some fire rate buffs/nerfs.
Battle Rifle: buffs/nerfs for accuracy and recoil.

Added 3 basic shotguns, 3 basic rocket launchers, 3 boss models, 15 rare weapons in total.

Boss models have yellow texturing on their armor/skin to be more identifiable. They have about a 0.07 - 0.09 chance of spawning with a rare weapon and have a 0.01 - 0.03 chance of spawning with standard issue faction gear. (Yes, I know those odds are reversed... It's fairly rare to even see a boss).

Included the code change to make AI spawn with body armor mk2 more often. Might change this later if it's too much for people. (Just makes firefights last longer). Also made it so you can buy vest mk3.

Current basic faction gear spawns are:
0.01 for sniper rifles
0.02 for lmg, smg, shotgun
0.03 for battle rifle, assault rifle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:23 am 

So, will this be getting anywhere? It was a pretty cool mod - it'd be sad to see it die so soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:53 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
So, will this be getting anywhere? It was a pretty cool mod - it'd be sad to see it die so soon.

It died awhile ago... Anyone that wants can use the models for their mods.

I've never delved into actual 3d modeling, making custom maps for this game is a bigger chore than anything, not good enough to make detailed pictures for the weapon models (unsteady hands/lack of patience), etc

tl;dr - Not skilled/determined enough to do what I want with it anymore... Sorry D:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:52 pm 

Is the mod at least compatible with 1.1? Would like to try it out if it still works.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:52 pm 

Without playing it, I don't think it'll work with 1.1. With the introduction of the hand-held minigun and it's animations, the mod lacks those and will probably crash. But, since the mod doesn't actually add any new animations (from the looks of it), just delete the soldier_animations.xml and you should be good. I'll test it to make sure.

This was probably my favorite mod, it's a shame to see it die so quickly. I'd happily just update the mod and get the link here, but I'm not sure if that's the most courteous thing to do when I'm not the creator.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:21 pm 

Tried it out, works fine. As far as I can tell, there are no pistols in the mod either. The mod should work fully with 1.1.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:49 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
This was probably my favorite mod, it's a shame to see it die so quickly. I'd happily just update the mod and get the link here, but I'm not sure if that's the most courteous thing to do when I'm not the creator.

If you'd like to keep working on this mod, especially since you probably have better knowledge for adding custom content... You can work on it if you'd like another project.

I also said before that anyone can use whatever models they want from the mod for anything they make. The main reason for me abandoning this mod is that I didn't feel like going through the process of making custom maps and that I'm not exactly "experienced" with 3d modeling... It's a decent amount of work to do anything else I'd actually WANT to do and I can't really justify the time spent on it compared to some of the other games I work on. Plus, nobody I know plays this game anymore... shame...

I just finished a map for men of war: assault squad 2 that took me about two weeks to 100% finish, haven't even play-tested it yet....... I fucking hate flora.... <.<

Thanks to everyone that offered feedback! Sorry it was kind've a letdown in the end. D: