It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:23 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 41 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 71

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:00 pm 

I would love to but i don't think custom maps work at the moment (and nor is there a fully supported editor.)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:38 am 

There will be an update coming within a few weeks. Here are the highlights:

-Campaign compatibility
-All new dying sounds (Which I recorded of some friends and myself making horrible suffering noises in front of a microphone, they're kinda funny)
-Ambient buildings like the Water Tower, Radar Tower will be re-enabled (but sligthly tweaked)
-Wounded soldiers will now bleed out much faster, but AI will also revive with much more efficiency
-Tanks and Anti-Tank Rifles will be more 'reliable' when hitting Vehicles (no more shots that deal 0% damage)
-Large number of tweaks and minor bug fixes; things like updating the xp requirements of ranks to match default RWR etc....

The campaign compatibility is the only thing this patch is really waiting on, and I expect it will take a good bit of work. However, it should be worth it :)

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:55 pm 

1.7 has been released, with Campaign support added and a bunch of other cool features and bug fixes too!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:10 pm 

You reduced the wounded waiting time? I don't see a reason why you had to do that - as far as the AI goes, they don't particularly care. And humans can suicide while wounded at any time, so reducing that seems pretty backwards.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:17 pm 

How do you suicide?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:39 pm 

You hold the "knife" button while wounded. Hold it for 3 seconds and you'll die. It's been in the game for nearly a year by now, I think.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:17 pm 

Yeesh, that needs to be in the tutorial.

Ill revert that change in the next patch.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:47 pm 

1.8 is now out with tons of campaign fixes :) should be fully functional now! Let me know if there's any issues.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:23 pm 

I'm thinking that having veteran armor at 10,000 XP and Officer armor at 20,000 XP is a bit overkill - I rarely ever get that much experience in a single campaign run. Sure, they're simply aesthetic, but right now, they're virtually unreachable eye candy.

Now, my own little gripes about it: the accuracy scales seem all off. Since nearly every soldier is armed with a bolt-action rifle, it's no longer an issue to have pin-point accuracy while stopped and nearly zero accuracy while on the move. Pistols and carbines also seem to suffer a bit from this, since it makes sense that these shorter weapons would be easier to handle in closed quarters, and thus have better hip fire compared to the long rifles. But both seem to lack in comparison to the long rifles. Sure, rate of fire is important, but it's not that important if you can't do much more than spray bullets randomly at the enemy (in the case of pistols), or do nothing more than that (in the case of carbines, and in the case of other carbines, it's even slower). Seems like you just copied Master Blaster's original weapons stats, which (no offense to him) aren't very well balanced or good.

(by the way, you can make carbines and rifles shoot faster by just copying the sniper cycling animation, renaming it, and adjusting the speed area - no use of the RWR Voxle editor required, and it boosts rate of fire if you have a bolt-action rifle and have the fire rate set to "-1", which just lets the rifle fire immediately after the cycle animation ends)

Speaking of fire rate and the bolting, it seems like the long rifles tend to but out sometimes. You get used to the rate of fire very quickly, and then sometimes you click to fire, and then the rifle just doesn't fire. Might be an engine-related issue, but not sure about that, since I never experienced that in Running with Trenches, I'm going to pin that on you. Also, some guns like the Ross Rifle don't even have a bolting animation (planned, no doubt based on the code of the rifles) - might be nice if you could implement the actual bolting for the Ross Rifle (which can also be done based on the original bolting animation without use of the RWR Voxel Editor, just remove the second and sixth frames and adjust the frame times as nessesary) to get some depth to the weapon.

Haven't played much with the automatic weapons like the MGs (since they're behind a somewhat annoying XP and RP barrier), but I assume they're a bit more balanced due to the original RwR being based around automatic weapons.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:40 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
Seems like you just copied Master Blaster's original weapons stats, which (no offense to him) aren't very well balanced or good.

I did not. I have made Pistols main adavantage their accuracy while moving - they lose barely any accuracy at all, making them good for keeping mobile. Dispite this, the starting German Pistol - the Beholla - is particularly awful, and it has nothing to do with balance. The .32 ACP round it fires is not very powerful, and the gun is so lightweight that even that weak round causes it to recoil fairly hard. It is probably the worst gun in the mod, and it's a good idea to replace it as soon as you unlock a new Pistol. Other starting sidearms like the Webley and Bodeo have low rate of fire and small capacity, but they have a very high chance to kill in one shot.

An example of comparison of weapon stats:

Luger P08 Master Blaster - accuracy 0.72 kill probability 0.75 running accuracy factor 0.6

Luger P08 Trench Foot - accuracy 0.88 kill probability 0.65 running accuracy factor 0.8

Quote:
(by the way, you can make carbines and rifles shoot faster by just copying the sniper cycling animation, renaming it, and adjusting the speed area - no use of the RWR Voxle editor required, and it boosts rate of fire if you have a bolt-action rifle and have the fire rate set to "-1", which just lets the rifle fire immediately after the cycle animation ends)
Interesting, I'm not quite sure I know how to do this. Is there a tutorial?

Quote:
Speaking of fire rate and the bolting, it seems like the long rifles tend to but out sometimes. You get used to the rate of fire very quickly, and then sometimes you click to fire, and then the rifle just doesn't fire. Might be an engine-related issue, but not sure about that, since I never experienced that in Running with Trenches, I'm going to pin that on you.

No, I am of the belief it is default RWR problem (engine issue), and I only have it occur whilst using Cover. It was introduced a few patches ago, and I agree it is extremely annoying.

Quote:
Also, some guns like the Ross Rifle don't even have a bolting animation (planned, no doubt based on the code of the rifles) - might be nice if you could implement the actual bolting for the Ross Rifle (which can also be done based on the original bolting animation without use of the RWR Voxel Editor, just remove the second and sixth frames and adjust the frame times as nessesary) to get some depth to the weapon.
I would like to, yes. SMLE Cut-Down does not have a bolt animation either.

Quote:
Haven't played much with the automatic weapons like the MGs (since they're behind a somewhat annoying XP and RP barrier), but I assume they're a bit more balanced due to the original RwR being based around automatic weapons.
No, they are blatantly devastating. Once you get over that XP barrier and get your first MG, you'll be able to mow down plenty of enemy Soldiers - it's a game changer, just like how it was in WW1. They deal the same damage per shot as the Bolt rifles but spew tons of lead - some of them are lighter and can be fired from the hip, though all of them suffer from a high recoil buildup (due to a large max spread range.) What I mean is the recoil per shot is low but firing a prolonged burst will be very inaccurate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next