It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:23 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 56

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:52 pm 

Maybe just maybe combine the french, brits? I dont think that could work out lol. Maybe for different maps like the wake island one you can add like a different faction for entente like the japanese against the russians. Winter map, could be white russians and germans. Moorland trench def french vs germans. Etc. That would mean more work for u and i guess in the end we should wait to see what the devs can do about the "french and brits fighting each other"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:44 am 
Site Admin

Combining is possible, they would still be able to have models, weapons and items, names and dialogue specific to their groups, and(but?) they'd form mixed squads and drive each other's vehicles.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:09 pm 

pasik wrote:
Combining is possible, they would still be able to have models, weapons and items, names and dialogue specific to their groups, and(but?) they'd form mixed squads and drive each other's vehicles.

Could it possible where in vanilla, on certain maps factions get an additional ally to assist them in the fight. For example, on Bootleg Islands Greenbelts get a friendly faction that helps speed up the attack maybe the United Kingdom(can't think of a faction name). But the enemy would need higher numbers or the numbers of infantry for the greenbelts and ally would be equal or less than the enemy faction's. This would add variety to the match and make defense of your ally a huge priority because they may save you later in the match or campaign.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

Testpilot14 wrote:
pasik wrote:

Could it possible where in vanilla, on certain maps factions get an additional ally to assist them in the fight. For example, on Bootleg Islands Greenbelts get a friendly faction that helps speed up the attack maybe the United Kingdom(can't think of a faction name). But the enemy would need higher numbers or the numbers of infantry for the greenbelts and ally would be equal or less than the enemy faction's. This would add variety to the match and make defense of your ally a huge priority because they may save you later in the match or campaign.

As a whole, that all becomes quite a big task due to having to add a new faction, adding new equipment for them, new vehicles, if we wanted to keep the same level of content for the new faction as for the others. It would also need some care with indicating which faction is an ally, for example in map view and world view in the campaign, and some completely new mechanics for how faction relations work.

The game logic does have some enablers in place to make AI and game logic understand who's an enemy and who's not, it will ease the further work needed for the concept of allied factions, but indeed we never completed the feature as it would require a lot of work elsewhere too. We might touch the subject again for 1.5 - seems I'm saying that quite a lot these days.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:47 pm 

That would be pretty cool. Factions could be allied for 2v2 matches (where any combination of teams would be possible.) Maybe the 4th faction for regular RWR - say, the "Yellow Jackets" - could be added in the same patch. If you would want a hand with that I could load up my voxel editor and pump out some Soldier models ;)

If 2v2 was possible I would add Austrians and French forces into this mod. The Austrians may be tricky as getting extra unique weapons and vehicles for them would be a challenge, but I'm sure I could figure out some cool stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:44 am 

I have decided that I will add the Kingdom of Italy as the 3rd faction. If teams are ever possible in Running with Rifles (as hinted, that may be the case some time after release) I will introduce the French and the Austro-Hungarian forces.

Until then the Italians will be available as a separate entity, fighting against both forces.

There will also be some minor changes to the British forces; namely, the Ross Sniper Rifle will be replaced with a Norris-Menchen portable flamethrower (which was adopted and used by British Sapper units in 1915.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:29 pm 

On the Italian question: you can make a separate overlay to replace the British with another faction, then load the 2 mods in combination. However, I'm not sure how priority is determined when loading mods, it could be alphabetical. Anyway I know it works because I used to do it with my own mod.

For allied factions: you may be able to assign a squad_config to different soldier groups in the faction xml, allowing you to restrict which soldier groups can be in whose squad (give faction specific tags to weapons) and having virtually 2 factions in one. Not sure if this is enabled yet but I asked pasik about it not long ago:

<harr> quick question: can i specify a squad_config for the ai?
<harr> like for a group
<•pasik> hmm good question
<harr> i already tried doing <squad_config filename= but didn't seem to do anything i don't think
<•pasik> i think you can't, they always go with the default config
<•pasik> i'll add something for that, should be simple to make the connection

But they'll still be sharing the same list of names unless pasik can make that configurable as well. B^)

~ * ~ * G R E Y * ~ * ~ * P R I D E * ~ * ~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:25 pm 

Maybe that would work, but wouldn't a British player then be able to buy French weapons etc?

In other news I've released an update for the mod :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:32 am 

Tremozl wrote:
Maybe that would work, but wouldn't a British player then be able to buy French weapons etc?

Probably, but at least the AI won't spawn with them.

~ * ~ * G R E Y * ~ * ~ * P R I D E * ~ * ~

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:26 pm 

1.15 released with some new artillery icons, and some balance changes / bug fixes as determined by playing some matches with my friends.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next